By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results (Switch 52.48m, Pokemon 16m)

KingofTrolls said:
peachbuggy said:

Hahahahaha good joke. I'll take that bet. I say Nintendo will ship more than 1.7m this quarter, especially with Animal Crossing launching in it. Let's see if you will put your money where your mouth is.

What is the stake here?

Permanent avatar control?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

Okay, this is reasonable enough to treat it seriously. So far, in this launch-aligned battle, we have:

1. PS4 Amateur( 1st model ) with 50$ price cut in October 2015.

2. Switch Lite with 100$ price cut. And new version - the same price - with better battery life.

Which cut is bigger? Who is throwing more help?

PS4 Slim released in September 2016 at $300. That would be in the twelfth quarter of the PS4's life.

So at the same point in their lives, both a fully-featured PS4 and a fully-featured Switch cost $300. The PS4's price has been cut by $100, while the Switch's price has been cut by $0. Switch Lite is not a price cut, because it is missing major features that gave the original Switch model value. On the other hand, PS4 Slim is identical to a launch model in functionality, yet it is $100 cheaper by this point.

StarDoor said:

PS4 Slim released in September 2016 at $300. That would be in the twelfth quarter of the PS4's life.

Finally, someone is making an actual point here. So yep, technically u are right, but Slim 500 GB launched Sep 16th, and Slim 1TB - 29th.

So, just a glimpses of 12th quarter were affected. Also, Lite is still Switch-family related product, so yes, I count it as a price-cut.

Last edited by KingofTrolls - on 30 January 2020

peachbuggy said:

2high for me. One month?

RolStoppable said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Yeah, some of those games I understand.  But not every anime is dead on arrival in the West.  Games like Naruto and One Piece and Hatsune Miku all fall into the category of "maybe".  They have gotten ports before even if it doesn't happen 100% of the time.  And what about Persona 5 and Trails of Cold Steel 3?  There is no excuse for not porting these games.  There is a market for JRPGs in the west.  In fact Trails of Cold Steel 3 already has a fully translated version on the PS4.  They are already porting the game to Switch and the translation/localization part was already done for PS4.  Why aren't they selling this on Switch outside of Japan?

There should be more of those Japanese games coming out of Japan.  It just doesn't make any sense.

1. Nintendo doesn't make comprehensive lists for each region.

2. Nintendo will only list games that have been confirmed by the respective publisher to release in each given region.

3. Nintendo may handpick titles for each region based on what they think resonates well with the respective audience.

It's a notice to investors, so its purpose is a snapshot of noteworthy confirmed releases.

Fair enough.  We haven't gotten a proper Direct yet this year, so we might see these games exported out of Japan.  In previous years the upcoming third party games section for each region looked more similar.  Perhaps we are now getting so many third party games that they can't come close to listing them all?  We'll have to wait until the next Direct and see what the story is.

Around the Network

KingofTrolls said:
peachbuggy said:

Hahahahaha good joke. I'll take that bet. I say Nintendo will ship more than 1.7m this quarter, especially with Animal Crossing launching in it. Let's see if you will put your money where your mouth is.

What is the stake here?

Vgchartz already has switch at 1.5m sold in the first 4 weeks of January, just click on the year to date tab of the hardware bar chart. We know with famitsu sales it sold 560k in Japan this year alone. To me Nintendo forecasting 1.77m for Q4 is a joke and they are going low just to curb expectations to a ridiculous level. Last year they shipped 2.45m with just a port of new mario bros u and yoshi, if it doesn't sell 3m plus i will be shocked.

Last edited by Metroid33slayer - on 30 January 2020

KingofTrolls said:
peachbuggy said:

2high for me. One month?

Thought it might be. You not very confident then? Well I will accept 1 month. So the terms are:- I say the Switch family of devices will ship more than 1.7m WW between 1 Jan 2020 and 31st. March 2020. You say it won't. Winner gets avatar control of loser for a month. Deal?

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Metroid33slayer said:

KingofTrolls said:

What is the stake here?

Vgchartz already has switch at 1.5m sold in the first 4 weeks of January, just click on the year to date tab of the hardware bar chart. We know with famitsu sales it sold 560k in Japan this year alone. To me Nintendo forecasting 1.77m for Q4 is a joke and they are going low just to curb expectations to a ridiculous level. Last year they shipped 2.45m with just a port of new mario bros u and yoshi, if it doesn't sell 3m plus i will be shocked.

SSShhh! This is easy money! :):):)

Metroid33slayer said:

Vgchartz already has switch at 1.5m sold in the first 4 weeks of January, just click on the year to date tab of the hardware bar chart. 

Congratz. What will be in the future, we will know in the future.

peachbuggy said:

Thought it might be. You not very confident then? Well I will accept 1 month. So the terms are:- I say the Switch family of devices will ship more than 1.7m WW between 1 Jan 2020 and 31st. March 2020. You say it won't. Winner gets avatar control of loser for a month. Deal?

I will not risk my avatar beause Switch shipments that I don't care at all myself.

One month: