By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Exclusive new FPS built from the ground up for Wii: Conduit

that looks SICK!!!

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
I'm waiting for the people who usually moan about FPSes come in here and praise this game cause it's on Wii...

The difference is that Wii FPSes don't force you to use clumsy thumbsticks. Also, the FPS market isn't super-saturated like it is on PS360. Red Steel and Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 are the only notable FPS games on Wii (I will never consider Metroid Prime 3 an FPS), and they have substantial flaws.

I would love to have a CoD4- or Orange Box-quality FPS with Wii controls. I'm not even talking about graphical quality, just polished, multiplayer gameplay. If High Voltage can pull that off, I think they can make a killing serving a market that a lot of publishers pretend doesn't exist on Wii.

A generic, run-of-the-mill FPS lands on Xbox, and people shrug and add that junk to the pile. The same FPS lands on Wii and the library has expanded with more variety. That's all there is to it. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

a whole lot of meh from me right now.

looks pretty but it takes more than a pretty picture to get me excited, this looks like another halo clone (and halo sucked)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Fastrabbit09 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

I can't imagine this being anything more than shovelware.

you keep using that word; i do not think it means what you think it means

That's the first time I think I've ever used that word on VGChartz. It seems fitting too, as the High Voltage Games was responsible for such turds as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Family Guy game (each scoring below 50% on Gamerankings). How shit does a game have to be to be classified as shovelware?

Just because they put together a pretty engine and made a bunch of claims doesn't mean they can make a good game.

Fastrabbit09 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

The game didn't fail? Inconceivable!

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

This game reminds me of what halo looked like before it came out. I hope this game has online, that would be nuts

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Fastrabbit09 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

That's the first time I think I've ever used that word on VGChartz. It seems fitting too, as the High Voltage Games was responsible for such turds as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the Family Guy game (each scoring below 50% on Gamerankings). How shit does a game have to be to be classified as shovelware?

Just because they put together a pretty engine and made a bunch of claims doesn't mean they can make a good game.

If isn't fitting. If they are making an effort, it can't be shovelware, regardless of the quality. Shovelware means it's just "shoveled" on, as in just flung on, with little effort.

Now a lot of their past games count, but most of those are licensed games, which tend to be rushed out at the behest of the company holding the license.

Heck, it might have been those licensed games that made them realize they needed to make a serious game.

This game may not be good, but that is not the definition of shovelware. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

How many of you thought the same thing I did; when they said All Seeing Eye, I thought they were talking about the PC server browser. Man, I almost got excited for this game for that prospect. :o

Any ways, this game will most likely suck. If I owned my own Wii, I'd probably still buy it, though. I'm HUNGRY for FPSs on Wii! :(

The BuShA owns all!

Until we see more of the game i can't say whether or not it will be good.

As for the people saying Wii fans are getting to hyped up for this, well, this is actually the first time a 3rd party developer has actually tried to make a real Wii game, they are working hard and thats good. The graphics are also amazing for Wii and the fact they made an entire engine for the Wii is great and something for Wii fans to get excited about.

I hope it turns out good.

bigjon said:
wow, third parties are so stupid and stuck in their ways... I will LOL while nintendo rolls out 5 million seller after 5 million seller, and Dev are all fighting for FPS shooter audience on the PS360.

That's why they are stuck in their ways...

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive