By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I have an anxiety disorder that is very health related. This is scaring the shit outta me to the point where I feel paralyzed... This could have a huge mortality rate. I read somewhere that there have been over 200 deaths so far, and only a small amount more who RECOVERED from it, which means that in a few weeks we could be seeing the mortality rate skyrocket.

Very concerned... Like I can't enjoy life... I am scared something will happen to my family, my daughter, my wife, and the baby on the way...

Just like you won't die within a day, it's not possible to recover within less than a week which is when most people got infected thus far.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

You are way too hard on yourself, I am certain that there would be people missing you both in real life and on this forum. I believe this so don't try to prove me wrong. I don't do "wrong", not when I believe in something.

Fair enough, ignorance is bliss after all so I'll let you believe your fantasy. Still want you to make a thread though.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I have an anxiety disorder that is very health related. This is scaring the shit outta me to the point where I feel paralyzed... This could have a huge mortality rate. I read somewhere that there have been over 200 deaths so far, and only a small amount more who RECOVERED from it, which means that in a few weeks we could be seeing the mortality rate skyrocket.

Very concerned... Like I can't enjoy life... I am scared something will happen to my family, my daughter, my wife, and the baby on the way...

It's true something will inevitably happen to them. Everyone dies, that's why you need to enjoy life while you can!

I am almost embarrassingly unconcerned.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51338899

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

John2290 said:
Okay, is this China being China? Or is this ten times worse than they say it is... Why are they burning bodies? Why are the shutting people down? Just a normal day in China?

Just a normal day. One could argue that dying to the virus is the preferable option than suffering through what the Chinese government can put you through.

Anyway, stop looking at China and focus on the cases overseas. They're more representative of how dangerous the virus actually is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

https://www.epochtimes.com/gb/20/1/28/n11828240.htm?fbclid=IwAR3G63C81jNi0IV6AutqScrXfHLZmRHhBjvObBBXLR8xQ3eNOCh3BrKMAT0

This Chinese article says 100.000 cases and 3000 deaths at Jan 29th. Could be a fake, I let people check by them self with Google Translator and conclude what they want.

shikamaru317 said:
Amnesia said:

https://www.epochtimes.com/gb/20/1/28/n11828240.htm?fbclid=IwAR3G63C81jNi0IV6AutqScrXfHLZmRHhBjvObBBXLR8xQ3eNOCh3BrKMAT0

This Chinese article says 100.000 cases and 3000 deaths at Jan 29th. Could be a fake, I let people check by them self with Google Translator and conclude what they want.

Highly unlikely imo. The Epoch Times is not typically considered to be reliable when it comes to Chinese news. There has been a conflict between the Epoch Times and the Chinese government for many years, with the Epoch Times saying everything they can to make the Chinese Government look bad. The Epoch Times has been linked to a Chinese religious group called the Falun Gong, which has strong anti-communistic views and has drawn the ire of the Chinese government.  

I'm no fan of the Chinese government myself, but I highly doubt they are lying about the scale of the outbreak to such a large degree. Considering the fact that there has barely been any Human to Human transmission with the 169 cases outside of China, I find it very unlikely that the virus is virulent enough to have already spread to 100,000+ people in China.

Thanks for the info. I still have an element which disturbs me a bit, when we Switch to the english version of the Epoch Times, we can't find at all this article in english. Why this "rumors" about the 10x higher casualty than what the CPP says is only addressed to locals.

Also considering the insane long time of incubation of the virus, yes it could be, that many more chineses got declared as infected cases and much less today outside.

Amnesia said:

100000 could be correct insofar that that's roughly the number of suspected infected who are carrying the virus (around 10 times the known number, which is 11k right now), but are either not sick yet (still in incubation period, which can last 10 days) or immune but still a carrier of it (which means they can still propagate the virus). But 3000 deaths is straight out of fantasyland, even when counting unaccounted persons for whatever reason.

Amnesia said:

Epoch Times is a right wing anti-communist anti-chinese paper, that more often than not let their political stance on things overshadow correct reporting on the truth. So I would take what they write with an enourmous amount of salt. It's no wonder they support Trump, their stance on truth and fake news is pretty similar.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

John2290 said:
Okay, I'm convinced that China has massive control over WHO or someone high up in WHO or at the very least they are scared of China.

Well, China has strong ties into international organizations as their stance on things is about structure and organization of the public life. More so than the US, who has been reluctant time and time again to engage properly in international organization. So yes, China has to some degree influence over the WHO.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]