By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

20574 confirmed cases 426 deaths and 644 recovered. Only 1 death has been outside of China.

Around the Network

The mortality rate outside of Hubei is actually 0.16% at the moment, rather similar to past flu outbreaks in previous decades. Of course, some cases are likely yet to develop (to bacterial or viral pneumonia for instance) but I'm strongly suspecting the virus is far, far more widespread in Hubei than the number of registered suspected cases - and potentially has been for months -, but medics and authorities only started to notice an uptick in respiratory diseases once winter began.

I mean, a province the size of Hubei has to register at least 800 - 1600 flu deaths a month in winter, educately extrapolating from US and Europe statistics, so it's reasonable to assume the epidemic wouldn't have been noticed right away and not only because the chinese government had supressed "alarmists".

23865 infected and 490 dead now. Especially the death toll is seemingly rising faster now with each passing day.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
23865 infected and 490 dead now. Especially the death toll is seemingly rising faster now with each passing day.

Deaths are 15.5% up versus cases being 19.0% up today. Relatively speaking, it's the slowest daily increase so far, so it's basically the other way around.

It's official folks, in the news over here they said the first case of Coronavirus spotted in the kingdom of Belgium. So we got 1 infected person and about 11 million people that are fine.

In other words, time to panic!!!

https://www.lesoir.be/277467/article/2020-02-04/premier-cas-de-coronavirus-en-belgique-une-belge-rapatriee-est-testee-positive

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Deaths are 15.5% up versus cases being 19.0% up today. Relatively speaking, it's the slowest daily increase so far, so it's basically the other way around.

well, percentage-wise, you may be right, but in pure numbers, it's still going up and up

CrazyGamer2017 said:

It's official folks, in the news over here they said the first case of Coronavirus spotted in the kingdom of Belgium. So we got 1 infected person and about 11 million people that are fine.

In other words, time to panic!!!

https://www.lesoir.be/277467/article/2020-02-04/premier-cas-de-coronavirus-en-belgique-une-belge-rapatriee-est-testee-positive

No need to panic for a "histoire belge"

Bofferbrauer2 said:
haxxiy said:

well, percentage-wise, you may be right, but in pure numbers, it's still going up and up

CrazyGamer2017 said:

True enough, but that was always going to happen. Like I commented before, signs point to this virus being on the loose for far longer than the media and government attention given to it in the last few weeks.

Even if the mortality rate is as low as the common flu, it could kill thousands a month on each chinese province if it isn't contained.

Or Tencent is trolling or CCP is lying. Tencent apparently leaked numbers of over 150 thousand infected and 24 thousand dead.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/did-chinas-tencent-accidentally-leak-true-terrifying-coronavirus-statistics

I think 10k mainly old and young people died in USA from the flu already this year. Too bad they can never get that flu vaccine right... They knew it was wrong combo looking at Australia flu season before season came to states but I guess big pharma already made stockpile of worthless vaccine so they couldn't change it. Remember it isn't the right match but it might help a little... Lol. I'll pass

They are cremating corpses.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/china-incinerating-coronavirus-casualties-new-footage-suggests-possible-cover