By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

28144 confirmed cases 565 deaths and 1146 recovered. This is the official numbers. Note that recovered is more than 1k now.

Last edited by Chicho - on 05 February 2020

Around the Network

Singapore Has 28 confirmed cases and zero deaths.

Radek said:

My aunt, uncle and cousin are going to Singapore this Sunday, I told them not to, that it may be dangerous right now, but they wouldn't listen!

They probably told you already, but the situation in Singapore is not alarming.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

CuCabeludo said:
They are cremating corpses.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/china-incinerating-coronavirus-casualties-new-footage-suggests-possible-cover

afaik cremation is the "normal" after death service in china and most of eastern asia (as in easily >90% of corpses end up being cremated)

I certainly won't click that link, but from the address alone it seems like pointless clickbait conspiracy junk

30817 infected now, which is just an 11% increase, so not too bad here.

The death toll rose to 635, so sadly no slowing down here yet...

Around the Network

31526 confirmed cases 638 deaths and 1764 recovered. Note that the recovered number is much bigger than the death number.

It's always sad news. China doesn't deserve this, nobody does.

813 dead now, meaning vCoV has surpassed the death toll of SARS now.

Also, the number of infected outside of mainland china is rising at an increasingly fast rate now. The numbers are thankfully still low, but that could change quickly.

Not doomsday yet. A tsunami could kill more people. However, maybe this will wake China the fuck up and ban the exotic live animal markets. You shouldn't keep a bunch of wild animals in cages in such close proximity.

I live in Guangzhou and the city is under quarantine now (started Friday afternoon) and no idea when they will change that.

There are 16 cities under Marshal law. All of China is on an "extended holiday". The outbreak started in 武汉 WuHan which is the center of china. It is 6 hours from 北京 BeiJing, 6 hours from 上海 ShangHai and 6 hours from 广州 Gaungzhou. The virus started to spread right before the Chinese holiday began. Not only that, but there during that time, more than 5 million 武汉人 people form WuHan left 武汉 WuHan. Maybe they left China for Business or vacation, or maybe they started to travel to other provinces throughout China for the Holiday, but they left.

In 广州 GuangZhou, virtually everything is shutdown, with the exception of a few grocery stores. All the school officially now have no set date when they will resume.

Every 小区 like apartment complex type of thingy (not sure how to translate 小区 has guards 保安 that will take your temperature and spray your hands with disinfectant spray. Any type of church,party, business or social gatherings are all banned, any type of nice restaurant, movie theater, coffee shops, malls, are no longer allowed to gather because of potential virus spreading.

Basically its a hardcore ghost town here and has been for works. On the bright side, me and my friends can freely skate down the streets, hahahaha. The only cars I ever see are ambulances (every single day) and an occasional bus or car.

Last edited by Ashadelo - on 09 February 2020

我是广州人