By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Scoobes said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Testing positive for CV =/= dying of CV

You didn't click on the link did you.

First line:

"A five-year-old child with underlying health conditions has died after testing positive for coronavirus, NHS England has said."

and then further down:

"Earlier this week, it was announced a six-week-old baby died of Covid-19 in Connecticut, US."

Like I said, people dying while being positive doesn't mean Covid killed them.

Given the demographic breakdown of CV deaths, do you think this 5yr old died of Covid of the underlying health condition?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

And the result of those protests can only be that the outbreak last longer and thus the lockdown too. Idiots like these are the reason that the lockdowns will go on longer and longer and longer in the US and everybody keeping their borders closed and travel restrictions to the US after they reopened to the rest of the world.

Solution, instead of water cannons, disperse the crowds with disinfectant spray cannons while pointing powerful UV lights on the crowds. ERs are currently 40% down on patients anyway, keep the nurses employed by treating chemical burns. Two flies with one stone :p

Fill the water cannons with bleach instead of water. People will be clean and disinfected, and you'll do something for the economy as they'll need a fresh set of clothes afterwards.

And with all the bleached shirts it will look like a wet shirt contest

Seems like Sweden's ongoing results have become politicized. If Sweden's results turn out to be not too much worse than the average, then I guess it calls into question some of other countries' continuing reactions (including my own, and which I still support)? If Sweden blows up, then we can all feel better about the more restrictive choices we've made and their necessity. Still and all, I guess I'm simply rooting for fewer deaths, in Sweden and elsewhere and overall. We'll sort it all out later, and which reactions were justified, too extreme, too lax, whatever, but I hope that Sweden's experiment winds up a great success -- for their sake, and ours.

And for what it's worth, those who have been referencing Sweden's relatively low population density need to remember that this takes into account wide stretches of essentially unpopulated land. But cities are cities pretty much everywhere, and according to this Wiki page at least, Stockholm has a greater population density than cities like Vienna, Berlin and Rome, for whatever that's worth.

Trumpstyle said:
John2290 said:
My government have set out a 5 phase roll out plan starting on May 18th until full roll out in august if all goes well. It's slow but it seems reasonable. We might get three months in before the flu season.

What country you live in?

John2290 said:
Poor Sweden, their medical and science advisory really fucked them.

We are doing unbelievable good, Stockholm metro (2.3 million people) will achieve herd immunity this month, most part of sweden 1-2 month later. Our Previous virus dude Johan giesecke has hinted everything will be fully back to normal by the end of the summer.

Ok, I have to ask: is this a Donald Trump roleplay or do you actually believe the crap you're posting?

donathos said:

Seems like Sweden's ongoing results have become politicized. If Sweden's results turn out to be not too much worse than the average, then I guess it calls into question some of other countries' continuing reactions (including my own, and which I still support)? If Sweden blows up, then we can all feel better about the more restrictive choices we've made and their necessity. Still and all, I guess I'm simply rooting for fewer deaths, in Sweden and elsewhere and overall. We'll sort it all out later, and which reactions were justified, too extreme, too lax, whatever, but I hope that Sweden's experiment winds up a great success -- for their sake, and ours.

And for what it's worth, those who have been referencing Sweden's relatively low population density need to remember that this takes into account wide stretches of essentially unpopulated land. But cities are cities pretty much everywhere, and according to this Wiki page at least, Stockholm has a greater population density than cities like Vienna, Berlin and Rome, for whatever that's worth.

It's much better to compare Sweden to Norway and Finland to see how much worse Sweden's results are

Norway
Total reported cases: 7801
Total confirmed deaths: 211
Current daily reported cases: 40+
Current Mobility trend: -30%

Finland
Total reported cases: 5176
Total confirmed deaths: 220
Current daily reported cases: 100+
Current mobility trend: -33%

Sweden
Total reported cases: 22082
Total confirmed deaths: 2669
Current daily reported cases: 600+
Current mobility trend: -25%

Sweden isn't doing nothing, they're doing less and it costs lives.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
I'd swear the American media get a script every morning that is passed out across the country and have express instructions to emphasize certain buzzwords. I've been following smaller media now as well as mainstream media since this was declared a pandemic and this script, I'm certain of which exists, only gets minor changes in wording from studio to studio.

Okay, maybe it's not a script but more of a bullpoint sheet of what stories to follow. And the writers at the studios let the same langauge bleed into the scripts they write up.

We actually have independent reporters who go forth and create "news". - Then the big news outlets like the Murdoch media empire, grabs them, pays them a small amount of cash, and redistributes that "news" under a new attention-grabbing headline.

It means that there is a consistent narrative regardless if it's left or right-wing media sources (When it's not cherry-picked news that is!) as it's from an independent source.
It also allows for smaller, individual news outlets to get news sources without much effort to fill in gaps in their news coverage. (A news agency can't be everywhere at the same time!)

I would assume the same kind of set-up exists in the USA.

So in short that does mean that there is a consistent narrative about COVID, Trump or whatever-else issue and that means "false information" is easier to propagate regardless of political affiliation.

Essentially they report on what sells, it's a business.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

World update:

Total world wide cases is holding steady, Europe and the USA have swapped places in reported cases, while both are slowly going down week over week.

Worldwide week over week is actually down a bit 93.8% compared to the 3 day average one week ago.
For the USA it's 91.4% week over week.
Europe is currently at 88.1% week over week.

I'm starting to track the other continents as well now Europe and USA are starting to decline.

Current 3 day average cases is at 87.9K daily reported cases and 5.5K reported deaths

North America leads with 40.8% of daily reported cases and 41.1% of daily reported deaths
Europe follows with 29.4% of daily reported cases and 38.8% of daily reported deaths
Asia is adding 14.6% of daily reported cases and 6.4% of daily reported deaths
South America is at 12.9% of daily reported cases and 12.7% of daily reported deaths
Africa currently sits at 2.3% of daily reported cases and 1.0% of daily reported deaths
Oceania is pretty much clear at 0.02% of daily reported cases and 0.04% of daily reported deaths

The southern hemisphere is still much better off. Maybe the warm weather helps, however cases are growing rapidly in South America.

Brazil still growing and is already over 400 daily reported deaths.
Canada, to peak or not to peak. While Ontario is slightly down, Quebec is posting records again :/
Iran and Turkey, reliability is questionable with those very steady reported numbers, Iran in cases, Turkey with deaths.
Japan seems to be drawing a mountain scene with their method of testing.
China, Australia and South Korea are down to avg 10 cases or less per day.

A little good news for a change:

https://youtu.be/b5QPh6rGdZM

forest-spirit said:

Ok, I have to ask: is this a Donald Trump roleplay or do you actually believe the crap you're posting?

I always believe in everything I say, sometimes I might add some humor into my posts.

As to why we doing unbelievable good is because we beating all the math models, the most famous one is the imperial college London, the dude behind this is Neil Ferguson who recently said in a interview on youtube channel Unherd that our daily dead is just gonna keep increasing and we won't achieve herd immunity. We are beating him. Another famous math model is at the site healthdata.org which says our daily dead is gonna increase to ~500 in late may. And we gonna need 4000+ ICU beds, we currently using ~400 and it's going down.

Than we have the 22 famous scientists that went public against us here in Sweden, one of them retweeted another math model that about 90k swedes is gonna die, we won't even be close to reaching this number. And one them also made a math model which said we gonna need 2000 ICU beds in Stockholm in May and 5000 ICU beds in June, ofc they never mentioned this. It's actually from them I got all the previous links on Anders Tegnell and Johan Giesecke, about 90-95% will barely notice anything from this virus and Johan giesecke criticizing other countries and other countries should do as we doing. You should note they have gotten everything wrong, but they don't mention this.

I don't see what Donald Trump has do to with anything.

John2290 said:

Hopefully this doesn't start an outbreak. Good sunlight, good humidity and evaporation. Could go either way. 

This is why I think Gavin Newsom is doing a bad job, this is just gonna get worse and worse, he should had expected this. I think he's trying to execute the South Korean model to deal with this pandemic. But it's just a fantasy that this will work in the US.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

John2290 said:
SvennoJ said:

Alberta 3 days ago

Toronto a week ago

It's only 200 and 100 people gathering, stupid nonetheless.

Riots in Paris on April 22nd

London yesterday

Berlin and Stuttgart last Saturday

Irelands supposed protest today. https://www.google.com/amp/s/extra.ie/2020/05/02/news/irish-news/phoenix-park-closed/amp We can't even get this right, thankfully. Feels like we're in a surveillance state, though as it was shut down premimtivley. Our daurds are only doing arrests in the most extreme cases and I think it's less than 80 prosecutions but it doesn't feel right, man, not when they are letting prisoners out early. Aaaand Irelands protest, lol...

But man i got to say,i love that streetlight :p