I beat a lot of old games since not too many new Switch games interested me this year. Listed in the order I beat them:
Dragon Quest XI S - Echoes of an Elusive Age
- A really good JRPG with a good story, who would have thought. Definitely one of the best JRPGs to date. I still need to beat the 3rd Arc
Fire Emblem Warriors
- Basically a better Hyrule Warriors despite having too many clones. Being able to switch characters in battle, no boss battles, no all attacks devastating makes the game a lot better when grinding for all map S ranks
Final Fantasy 12 - The Zodiac Age
- Boring 1st half, with the 2nd half making up for it. Gambits are really fun to play around and post game content is really nice. RNG chests and Great Crystal though..
Final Fantasy X Remaster
- Super slow game with a lot of cringe cutscenes especially in the 1st half. The ending and story makes up for the 1st half though.
Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Well, if getting KK Slider to your island and having the credits roll counts as completing the game.. Really fun but I only played it daily for a month and sort of stopped
Final Fantasy 9
- Despite looking old, the game is super good. Chocobo Forest RNG is literally the worst, but is barely bearable because of the speed up feature not speeding up the timer. It is completely optional so I can't fault it too much for that though..
Ni no Kuni - Wrath of the White Witch
- Ghibli + Joe Hisaishi = expectations. It does live up to expectations on that end, and the game play is fun. However, the story is a bit cliché and RNG pokemon catching makes it quite a grind
Final Fantasy 7
- Thought all these FF games I played would dampen my excitement, but this is definitely by far the best mainline FF game I've played. Good story, characters and extra content (though a walkthrough is needed for all that)
NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]
Here lies the hidden threads.