By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I already got back on Sea of Thieves after taking a long break. Everything about PotC looks and sounds so cool, I hope it'll bring many new players into the game.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
AkimboCurly said:

Was just thinking about the 10-hour free trial (and week of early access) for Battlefield 2042 for Game pass subscribers, which I haven't seen talked about so much.

https://gamerant.com/battlefield-2042-early-access-open-beta-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-ea-play-perks/

This has the potential to be revenue-positive for EA. Getting a lot of players in early. But I'm kind of torn on the implications it has for gamepass though. On the one hand it's more content and that's great. But on the other hand it's steeply limited on time, and gamepass is supposed to be a premium service where you get full games in a monthly subscription. I'm not sure it's in either MS's or gamers' interests to have gamepass diluted with quicksale tactics, caveats on access etc.

It will eventually come to Game Pass via EA Play a few months later.

eh that's true for their low class releases (about 6 months) but with something like Battlefield it usually takes twice as long.

OK I never thought I'd say this But I actually really really liked Halo 3(completed the campaign with my son this weekend). We previously complete Halo 1 and 2 and I thought they were OK but Halo 3 was great!

Ryuu96 said:

This is looking awesome, I'm going to have to jump back into Sea of Thieves.

• 5 Tall Tales
  • New Locations: Sea of the Damned, Sunken Kingdom, etc.
  • New Enemies: Sirens, Phantom Pirates, Crustacean Creatures; All these are in the regular world too.
  • New Mechanics: Water staff can be used in the PotC world and the regular world.
  • Ship Cosmetics: Themed after PotC stuff.
  • They've recreated the PotC Disneyland ride in the actual game.
  • Completely solo-able, Jack Sparrow will help solo players by firing the cannons, tell you when resources are low, etc.
  • You have to go through the main world into the PotC world, however, once you enter the PotC world, it is only a world for you and your crew, meaning they'll be no other online players in that world, eliminates any possibility of other players killing you.

Rare have done it again! @ice

This is great! i will definitely be checking it out

Barozi said:
smroadkill15 said:

It will eventually come to Game Pass via EA Play a few months later.

eh that's true for their low class releases (about 6 months) but with something like Battlefield it usually takes twice as long.

I see it hitting the service somewhere between March- May 2022. They want as many people playing it as possible and that Game Pass boost half a year later would do that.  

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This is looking awesome, I'm going to have to jump back into Sea of Thieves.

• 5 Tall Tales
  • New Locations: Sea of the Damned, Sunken Kingdom, etc.
  • New Enemies: Sirens, Phantom Pirates, Crustacean Creatures; All these are in the regular world too.
  • New Mechanics: Water staff can be used in the PotC world and the regular world.
  • Ship Cosmetics: Themed after PotC stuff.
  • They've recreated the PotC Disneyland ride in the actual game.
  • Completely solo-able, Jack Sparrow will help solo players by firing the cannons, tell you when resources are low, etc.
  • You have to go through the main world into the PotC world, however, once you enter the PotC world, it is only a world for you and your crew, meaning they'll be no other online players in that world, eliminates any possibility of other players killing you.

Rare have done it again! @ice

Sounds like after this patch SoT is going to have more solo content and narrative based gameplay than most singleplayer games.

The separate worlds is definitely interesting it opens up options for many different crossover's or more crazy original content we could see something like a Fable World and Tall tales in the future.

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft is getting serious again about cloud-native games. To that end, the company’s Xbox division announced today it has hired former Stadia game design director Kim Swift to oversee cloud gaming collaborations with independent studios. Those studios will include Hideo Kojima’s Kojima Productions if and when Microsoft closes that previously reported deal, according to our sources.

https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/21/kojima-gets-help-from-kim-swift/

Makes sense, first thing I thought of when I saw this news, Kojima's cancelled Stadia project. Likely she was working with him on it at Stadia but her bosses decided to swoop in and cancel the deal cause Google is a stupid company, she still has those connections with Kojima so Xbox hires her to restart it.

Does seem like a smart move and the way all this is shaping up now seems like some deals going on behind the scenes.  Those connections Kim developed is probably the key here.  If anything you now that Kojima will make a visually great looking game which is something MS kind of lack in that graphical punch.  Either way this project judging by his output is a long way out unless this is a short tight project or already advance based on what he was doing for Google.

A few days ago, some people talked about Maneater and so I decided to try it.

That was a big mistake. The game is incredibly dull.

- Story barely exists. You get maybe 15 min worth of story elements if you add all of the cutscenes.

- Quests are abysmal. Main quests in this game wouldn't even be side quests in other games. It's nothing but "kill 10 humans/fish in this area" or "kill the target" over and over and over and over again. And when the quests aren't already bad enough, there are hundreds of collectibles (at least they are somewhat easy to find). You can double and triple jump in the air, shoot projectiles from your tail (if you activated that mutation) yet they couldn't figure out how to create decent quests or activities.

- Gameplay is somewhat decent. Swimming works quite well (but you have to hold LT at ALL times to get a decent speed), lunging out of the water can result in unintentional backflips, eating fish and humans works most of the time. But as there is 0 variety in this game, everything gets boring fast.

- Graphics. Easily the best part of the game. It's not incredibly impressive but nice to look at. Nice colour scheme (a bit cartoony so lots of colours) and runs quite well on Series X.

On the plus side, the game was so dull that I could play it muted while watching most UEFA Euro games.

5.5/10

I think it should be illegal for Ubisoft games to be listed as "on sale" lol. When you spend more time being "on sale" than you do being full price, that "on sale" is your regular price, and the non "sale" price becomes a mark up lol. Ubisoft's shit is on sale literally almost every week. Every once in a while they take a week off, or rotate which exact games are on sale, but basically...if you want a Ubisoft game, and you throw a dart at a random date on your calendar, chances are that you can get that game "on sale" at that exact date you landed on.

Modern Warfare finally with a price that's somewhat reasonable.
I need to crunch some numbers but I might get it with my reward points.