By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Goatseye said:
Bruvs, PS5 is looking sketchy af.
Demon’s Souls Remake is 4K30fps, with a performance mode of 1440p60fps 😬
Same thing for Miles Morales and Ratchet and Clezank.
Hopefully MS put together an easy machine to code for 4K60.

Let’s not forget about reliable Capcom leaker Dusk Golem saying that Capcom has had trouble getting Res 8 to run at 4K on PS5, while XSX was able to do it easily. Which matches with the framerate issues we’ve seen in both Res 8 PS5 trailers they’ve released so far.

This is something I have been saying for a while. I think Sony did not expect the kind of specs Microsoft pulled out with the Series X and they actually came up with last-minute changes to try to counter it...

You can see in almost every possible angle (except the SSD) that they are talking about "variable stuff", "boost mode". I think this is where we are going to be disappointed. No matter what people hope, the 10.28 TF is in boost mode. Which is at max speed and this is not going to be all the time (for how long the box will be able to sustain that will be a question mark for sure but it is not very hard to assume that this is not going most of the time and if this is like my Play Station Four, it will probably sound a lot like a jet engine). (sidenote: my Xbox One X is also doing that a lot lately, very noisy... Maybe dust or something).

I think the original 9 or so TF is closer to reality and while, like the Xbox One and the Play Station Four, at the end for Xbox enthusiasts it was not a big deal, the difference is very perceptive and will show in all third parties. It won't matter at all for first parties tho, Sony is (and has always been good) at using their hardware for exlusives the best possible ways. 

I'm super impatient de get my hand on the next Play Station for the next Horizon or few exclusives but for sure, but the console is not at the same level than the X. Of course, I may be wrong and we will see comparisons, but already we see some stuff that are already showing this delta. 

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
ironmanDX said:
Just watched the digital foundry video too. While at 1440p it does look pretty awesome.

To think though that many were super disappointed in Assassin's Creed when that could hit 4k 30 in an earlier build. 4k 60fps is impressive for an open world title, even if it doesn't look as graphically demanding as Demons Souls.

Having large open hubs and a big map, with numerous NPCs on screen at the same time, is much more graphically demanding. 

Agree... generally but who knows. AC games also hit 4k 30 on X1X with those open hubs, big map and numerous npc's. 

The digital foundry video was short by their standards. We need direct feeds for more information. 

I just watched a few AC Valhalla gameplay videos actually... Damn, the gameplay looks much better. Watched some weird human sacrifice/totem fight with a boss called Regan, one of the "daughters of lerion"... looked fucking awesome, actually. Reminded a little of Senua's Sacrifice.

Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

Let’s not forget about reliable Capcom leaker Dusk Golem saying that Capcom has had trouble getting Res 8 to run at 4K on PS5, while XSX was able to do it easily. Which matches with the framerate issues we’ve seen in both Res 8 PS5 trailers they’ve released so far.

This is something I have been saying for a while. I think Sony did not expect the kind of specs Microsoft pulled out with the Series X and they actually came up with last-minute changes to try to counter it...

You can see in almost every possible angle (except the SSD) that they are talking about "variable stuff", "boost mode". I think this is where we are going to be disappointed. No matter what people hope, the 10.28 TF is in boost mode. Which is at max speed and this is not going to be all the time (for how long the box will be able to sustain that will be a question mark for sure but it is not very hard to assume that this is not going most of the time and if this is like my Play Station Four, it will probably sound a lot like a jet engine). (sidenote: my Xbox One X is also doing that a lot lately, very noisy... Maybe dust or something).

I think the original 9 or so TF is closer to reality and while, like the Xbox One and the Play Station Four, at the end for Xbox enthusiasts it was not a big deal, the difference is very perceptive and will show in all third parties. It won't matter at all for first parties tho, Sony is (and has always been good) at using their hardware for exlusives the best possible ways. 

I'm super impatient de get my hand on the next Play Station for the next Horizon or few exclusives but for sure, but the console is not at the same level than the X. Of course, I may be wrong and we will see comparisons, but already we see some stuff that are already showing this delta. 

I've been thinking this for a while but decided not to voice that opinion knowing I'd get jumped.

Seems as though only the "gpu" or cpu can be running at boost at any given time.

Ryuu96 said:

Gameplay this week hopefully.

Yah, unless Microsoft asked them to wait until a certain date later in the future, I'm really hoping to get some gameplay/first time experience with the X on different channel (DF, IGN, etc..). Will be an amazing week :)

Imaginedvl said:
Ryuu96 said:

Gameplay this week hopefully.

Yah, unless Microsoft asked them to wait until a certain date later in the future, I'm really hoping to get some gameplay/first time experience with the X on different channel (DF, IGN, etc..). Will be an amazing week :)

Without a doubt they did. They could have played forza horizion, gears 5, many games really and posted them online.

With another gamepass announcement coming too... It will be an awesome week.

I'm off to bed... It's late AF here.

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to seeing Series S/X comparisons.

ironmanDX said:
Flayer said:
“Our investment in Game Pass and that portfolio continues to be strong,” the exec continued. “We’ve got some more… really great, strong, announcements to come about things… coming to Game Pass.”

What could Phill be talking about here?

You can access a "windows mode" on series x and s. 

Imagine... Horizon zero dawn on xbox... 

On a scale of one to yes, how much would this melt the internet? 😂

I've been a proponent of "Win32 mode" since I learned the Xbox OS is just Windows 10 S with an extra "console mode" GUI replacing the tablet mode (I don't remember who mentioned it, but the desktop apparently is still in the OS). The issue is this means the death of the Windows Store as everyone will just go to Steam. 

I thought about a "partial mode" that makes it so you can sideload non-DRM executable files in Developer Mode (like running unsigned apps in iOS with AltStore) and also allowing loading mods externally (read: Nexus) provided you download them directly or through a mod manager. The OS would essentially refuse to run any game distribution services... but could run games if you loaded them directly, either from the Internet or your PC, provided no hacking codes (cracks) are run. 

This would require a much more active hypervisor (one that had an aggressive Windows Defender like AI) but it would pay off. Also, allowing you to run the PC version if you already own the Xbox one would be a blessing for Skyrim and other Bethsoft fans. 

Have any of you thought how great E3 for Xbox would have been this year if not for COVID?

Both of those game showcases would have combined into one because together it's roughly 90 minutes.
XSS reveal with price of both consoles.
I'm not sure how long Xbox has been in talks with the Zenimax purchase, but possibly would have been announced at E3.
More gameplay shown.
Even if Halo Infinite demo looked exactly the same and the game still got delayed, everything else would have softened the blow considerably, especially the Zenimax acquisition.

smroadkill15 said:
Have any of you thought how great E3 for Xbox would have been this year if not for COVID?

Both of those game showcases would have combined into one because together it's roughly 90 minutes.
XSS reveal with price of both consoles.
I'm not sure how long Xbox has been in talks with the Zenimax purchase, but possibly would have been announced at E3.
More gameplay shown.
Even if Halo Infinite demo looked exactly the same and the game still got delayed, everything else would have softened the blow considerably, especially the Zenimax acquisition.

Eh I dont think the Zenimax purchase would have been ready then. Also I think Halo would still be a launch tittle without covid so it could gave balanced out.

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

Eh I dont think the Zenimax purchase would have been ready then. Also I think Halo would still be a launch tittle without covid so it could gave balanced out.

Eh, Zenimax deal hasn't closed yet, all Microsoft has done is announce their intention to acquire Zenimax and Zenimax have announced their intention to be acquired by Microsoft, I'm sure they could have announced that at E3 since it is only 3 months earlier.

Deal itself is expected to close sometime in early 2021.

But Sony was trying to moneyhat Startled in June iirc so there's a chance the deal wasmt i initiated then.