By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
DroidKnight said:

I paid with 500 dollars worth of free amazon gift cards so I don't want to cancel and try somewhere else.  Anyone else get one of these?

I got one yesterday. They sent them for PS5 preorders as well. They're basically covering their bases just in case there is a delay on shipping, but chances are you will still get it on release. Worst case scenario is probably a week late. I personally can wait a week, not a big deal for me. As long as they get it to me in time for Cyberpunk I'll be fine. 

oh :( This sucks.

Ordered mine from Microsoft website directly and so far no email.

I hope you'll get it day 1.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
shikamaru317 said:

I got one yesterday. They sent them for PS5 preorders as well. They're basically covering their bases just in case there is a delay on shipping, but chances are you will still get it on release. Worst case scenario is probably a week late. I personally can wait a week, not a big deal for me. As long as they get it to me in time for Cyberpunk I'll be fine. 

I'm like shikamaru, I don't mind it it's a bit late, I just hope to have it this year.  I was gonna wait for the Cyberpunk next gen updates before I played it, but I don't know if I can wait.  

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 26 September 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:
Imaginedvl said:

I'm like shikamur, I don't mind it it's a bit late, I just hope to have it this year.  I was gonna wait for the Cyberpunk next gen updates before I played it, but I don't know if I can wait.  

yah this is probably not a big deal :) Still crossing my fingers for everyone to get it day 1!

For me, Cyberpunk is the biggest game for this holiday too, but I'm also looking forward to play AC: Valhalla day one!

Thank god i got my order from bestbuy and can pick up the console instore. Would suck not to have it day one.

DroidKnight said:

I paid with 500 dollars worth of free amazon gift cards so I don't want to cancel and try somewhere else.  Anyone else get one of these?

There's no where else to get one anyway.  But, if preorders open up somewhere else, you could try to get one there, then keep an eye on things and see if Amazon seems likely to deliver at/near launch.  If it doesn't look good, cancel it and take the other order.  

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Goatseye said:
Brian Fargo suggests they’re working on 2 RPGs at the moment. That’s good news.

Matches with my own digging on LinkedIn. They have many lead positions at their 2nd studio in New Orleans, if that studio was just for support they wouldn't have so many leads there. I'm guessing the New Orleans studio will continue their AA RPG legacy with games like Wasteland 4 and Bard's Tale 5, while the main studio moves on to the AAA new IP. 

yeah he is suggesting more than one project, that's good to hear.

Oh Wow i completely forgot about this rumor in the begining of the year, it all seems so funny now. https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241620/outlandish-rumor-sony-is-in-talks-to-purchase-zenimax-and-all-owned-studios/1/

EspadaGrim said:
Immersiveunreality said:

It's a bit misplaced calling competitors of Microsoft moneyhatters when it is used in defense of a company that has never shied away from such behaviour.

Alanah Pearce mostly comes off as pretty neutral yes but i do think she has more knowledge of the financial side of things than most youtubers have, can you give a link for that jez guy so i can compare opinions? 

Sorry but i just don't find it comparable at all especially when the only example that people can use for this generation for a MS timed exclusive deal is Rise of the Tomb Raider, yes you can mention Dead Rising 3 and 4 but those games would have never happened without MS getting involved and the franchise debuted on Xbox 360 and was exclusive for a time. Phil has already said that he won't ever make a deals like that again.

Meanwhile you look at Sony and everything they have done recently, I will likely never play Street Fighter V on my Xbox and they paid for timed exclusivity on FF7 Remake a game that so many people have been waiting on for a long time and the rest of the entries are also likely to be timed exclusive too and then you have the Spider-Man Avengers deal that they made.Industry insiders have stated that they are literally calling every 3rd party publisher that they can and trying to get exclusive content. Sony thus far has Money-hatted 4 games from big publishers that we know of and it was confirmed that they were in discussions to money-hat Starfield, so whats next? GTA 6 because you know damn well that they aren't going to stop doing these deals. I also find it strange that a company that many praise for having the strongest 1st party studios and franchises needs to buy timed exclusives to bolster their game lineup.

If you want to listen to Jez's satements on the deal here is the link to the Xbox Two podcast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t67eccU5Wk0

plus Crash N Sanity Collection and Spyro Collection.

Barozi said:

plus Crash N Sanity Collection and Spyro Collection.

Yeah I forgot to mention those too, At least they didn't Money-Hat the new Crash which was a big surprise to me.

DroidKnight said:

From what I've seen every single person who ordered a Series X or PS5 from Amazon in the US got that email so I wouldn't worry about it Just Amazon covering themselves.