By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

But Sony was trying to moneyhat Startled in June iirc so there's a chance the deal wasmt i initiated then. 

I doubt that has anything to do with it Tbh, these massive acquisition take years.

The guy that alluded to the acquisition said MS was in talks with Bethesda for a few weeks.

Around the Network

I have been taking a look at other companies that MS could buy out and I didn't realize how small Capcom actually was in terms of staff size, they are very similar in size to Zenimax who have over 2,300 while Capcom have over 2,800 so MS would be capable of absorbing them entirely without the need of a restructure. MS buying Sega would actually be a bigger hassle and more complicated compared than buying Capcom.

I´m a PS fan and this whole Zenimax acquisition story has convinced me to get a Series X in addition to the PS5, now that they´ll finally have a robust 1st party portfolio as well, owning both of these consoles is the way to go for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOCT988gJgY&feature=youtu.be

I enjoyed this random gears of war mario video =p.

Around the Network
JamesGarret said:
I´m a PS fan and this whole Zenimax acquisition story has convinced me to get a Series X in addition to the PS5, now that they´ll finally have a robust 1st party portfolio as well, owning both of these consoles is the way to go for me.

Welcome to the community bro. We’re pretty relaxed here, feel free to post often. You won’t find winded posts, bordering mental breakdown because of this hobby in here.

So, what game are you looking forward to on Xbox?

I'm definitely more in favor of swallowing Capcom over Sega. I don't want Persona on Xbox (or at least not Persona 3) and Resident Evil would make a lot more sense thematically.

I also had a really wacky idea: buying Platinum, but I'm not sure how Kamiya would feel about this. The other one was buying Tamsoft but people are going to go "Tam who?" if that happens.

AsGryffynn said:
I'm definitely more in favor of swallowing Capcom over Sega. I don't want Persona on Xbox (or at least not Persona 3) and Resident Evil would make a lot more sense thematically.

I also had a really wacky idea: buying Platinum, but I'm not sure how Kamiya would feel about this. The other one was buying Tamsoft but people are going to go "Tam who?" if that happens.

MS can still get Persona on Xbox without having to buy SEGA though, just look at Yakuza a series that was historically PS exclusive. This all depends on Atlus though and i wouldn't be surprised if Sony decide to pay to keep the next Persona exclusive.

EspadaGrim said:
AsGryffynn said:

MS can still get Persona on Xbox without having to buy SEGA though, just look at Yakuza a series that was historically PS exclusive. This all depends on Atlus though and i wouldn't be surprised if Sony decide to pay to keep the next Persona exclusive.

I just wouldn't fight over it. Despite the overhype surrounding Persona 5 and all the fans around, it's not a big money maker. 

You know what I want: inXile working on a FF clone. I said this on Twitter, but there's no reason why a Western studio can't replicate the beautiful visuals, flashy and fast paced combat system and "pretty people" aesthetic Square Enix relies on for the most part. I never understood why Western developers insist on male characters looking ugly AF for the sake of manliness. This goes more so for the fact they never feature teen heroes (or at least not in AAA titles). 

I mean, look at Justin Bieber, early Jonas Brothers, younger Chace Crawford and Logan Lerman. If you mocapped them a-la-Halo, they'd look like they came out of an FF title... and these are actual Westerners. 

It's the reason why I get pissed at Skyrim's Xbox mod support. No beautification for the neanderthals. I wish I could tell this to Todd so we could get younger TES and Fallout heroes like in their early 20s. Or a faster combat system. 

Like, if the next TES looked like FF, I'm pretty sure the need for a JP studio would die rapidly as JP fans would just play the WRPGs that remind them of, well... JRPGs. 

Sorry, but I had to rant this out now. Also, I hope Cyberpunk allows for the same. 

AsGryffynn said:
EspadaGrim said:

I just wouldn't fight over it. Despite the overhype surrounding Persona 5 and all the fans around, it's not a big money maker. 

You know what I want: inXile working on a FF clone. I said this on Twitter, but there's no reason why a Western studio can't replicate the beautiful visuals, flashy and fast paced combat system and "pretty people" aesthetic Square Enix relies on for the most part. I never understood why Western developers insist on male characters looking ugly AF for the sake of manliness. This goes more so for the fact they never feature teen heroes (or at least not in AAA titles). 

I mean, look at Justin Bieber, early Jonas Brothers, younger Chace Crawford and Logan Lerman. If you mocapped them a-la-Halo, they'd look like they came out of an FF title... and these are actual Westerners. 

It's the reason why I get pissed at Skyrim's Xbox mod support. No beautification for the neanderthals. I wish I could tell this to Todd so we could get younger TES and Fallout heroes like in their early 20s. Or a faster combat system. 

Like, if the next TES looked like FF, I'm pretty sure the need for a JP studio would die rapidly as JP fans would just play the WRPGs that remind them of, well... JRPGs. 

Sorry, but I had to rant this out now. Also, I hope Cyberpunk allows for the same. 

I'm with you there bud since I love JRPGs, that's why i hope that MS buys Tri-Ace or Cyberconnect2 maybe even both. Maybe if we keep bugging Phil on twitter he will fund a Lost Odyssey Remake & or sequel.