By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think the design is alright. Super slim and the black part probably wont be noticeable horizontally.

Around the Network

Windowscentral: Series X $499, Series S $299, November 10th launch date. Also Xbox All Access pricing details

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I read an article from Forbes about Pringles ad in South Africa. The ad says that you'll save an equivalent of $813 if you end up winning Xbox Series X. According to Forbes, that suggests a price of $599/€599.

Captain_Yuri said:
Windowscentral: Series X $499, Series S $299, November 10th launch date. Also Xbox All Access pricing details

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

In a post covid society the all access and $300 price point is a smart move. Curious to see how the financing plan will count for console sales.

jason1637 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

In a post covid society the all access and $300 price point is a smart move. Curious to see how the financing plan will count for console sales.

Yea that's an insane move. Specially since it's for both. Pay $35 a month and you get the most powerful next gen console? A+ move on the pricing MS.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

If Microsoft ends up adding EA Play to gamepass then they need to have the new Mass Effect amd Star Wars game be on gamepass day one to compensate for Halo. That with heavy hitters like Cod and cyberpunk launching a few days after should get them through the holiday. But what big game they will have for the first half of 2021.

Holy mother of leaks. A lot of good news, but what a shitshow keeping people in suspense for so long just to let it all leak out spontaneously.

Bad and misleading 'first look at next-gen gameplay' event. Underwhelming gameplay reveal for Halo Infinite. Missing the boat entirely for revealing Series S. Who the hell is managing the timing of these things?

Oh well. Important thing is now we finally have some solid(ish) details for next-gen Xbox. Now we can see how Sony will reply. Hopefully the launch goes a bit smoother than everything leading up to it.

I think the reason for MS and Sony not announcing anything next gen sooner, is because AMD still has to announce their cards and both are under NDA. Sony knows a $499 PS5 will sell well regardless and it does not need to play chicken with MS.

As for the XSS, it looks sexy and intriguing. If the price is correct, you’re getting a better CPU than PS5 and a weaker GPU but ain’t no way it’s gonna be bottlenecked with DX12U.

Also, I wouldn’t be too worried about not seeing AAA games shown running on XSEX, cause some indie games were shown running on the machine at Gamescom. However, how about PS5 that hasn’t been physically shown yet? Not a tear down or a live show demo.

MS is literally the worst at keeping anything under wraps, aren't they?

Goatseye said:
I think the reason for MS and Sony not announcing anything next gen sooner, is because AMD still has to announce their cards and both are under NDA. Sony knows a $499 PS5 will sell well regardless and it does not need to play chicken with MS.

As for the XSS, it looks sexy and intriguing. If the price is correct, you’re getting a better CPU than PS5 and a weaker GPU but ain’t no way it’s gonna be bottlenecked with DX12U.

Also, I wouldn’t be too worried about not seeing AAA games shown running on XSEX, cause some indie games were shown running on the machine at Gamescom. However, how about PS5 that hasn’t been physically shown yet? Not a tear down or a live show demo.

It's not going to be bottlenecked at all. MS said it's going to be the same performance but at 1080/1440p instead of 4K. 

Angelus said:
MS is literally the worst at keeping anything under wraps, aren't they?

The irony is they could've used this in their favor by having leaks happen instead of scheduling shows to build hype around whether X leak was true or not. 

They need a new marketing head. I volunteer.