By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I like how small the Series S is but the design is pretty bad. Perfectly round shapes on rectangular shapes don't look all that great. Also why point it out by making it black? White on white would've been at least decent.

Around the Network

Seeing the rumour then the S been official at £299/£249 is quite hype and I'm presuming the leaks yesterday were controled leaks by Microsoft to see what response people gave before making it official so the Series X at $499/£449 would be amazing and probably delay me from upgrading my PC in favour of a new console in November.

Barozi said:
I like how small the Series S is but the design is pretty bad. Perfectly round shapes on rectangular shapes don't look all that great. Also why point it out by making it black? White on white would've been at least decent.

Actually, just replace the black circle thing with a white one and picture the whole console black or white (all of it) and it looks super nice.
I hope they will come up with a full black or white console.

Got to say I expected SeX to cost 599e so 499e is a very solid price. I'll probably pick up SeS as a secondary console once games stop supporting X1X.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:

Betting Series X and PS5 will be $600 now so no way in hell PS5 Digital manages to go down to $400.

I am guessing we will see this pricing:

Xbox Series S - $300

Xbox Series X - $500 or $600 (Lower price to take a bigger loss and match PS5 digital price).

PS5 Digtal - $500

PS5 - $600

This ^

The people coming out with the PS5 digital at 399$... are smocking lol
I mean they picture the PS5 at 499$ (which may be the case) but then deduct 100$ for the physical drive... I believe Sony is already going to take a serious lose at 499$ so I have very high doubt it will be at 399$ for the digital only.

I'll be happy if it is the case tho :) That's the model I am aiming for.

I'm super happy about the pricing for the S and X. This is just exactly what I was hoping for.

KiigelHeart said:
Got to say I expected SeX to cost 599e so 499e is a very solid price. I'll probably pick up SeS as a secondary console once games stop supporting X1X.

Same, glad to see that it'll be 499 though. 

KiigelHeart said:

To clarify, SeX will be my primary console of course :P

trunkswd said:
Imaginedvl said:

This ^

The people coming out with the PS5 digital at 399$... are smocking lol
I mean they picture the PS5 at 499$ (which may be the case) but then deduct 100$ for the physical drive... I believe Sony is already going to take a serious lose at 499$ so I have very high doubt it will be at 399$ for the digital only.

I'll be happy if it is the case tho :) That's the model I am aiming for.

I'm super happy about the pricing for the S and X. This is just exactly what I was hoping for.

A 4K bluray disc drive has got to cost Sony around $20-$30, so the only reason there would be a $100 difference between the two editions is that Sony is willing to lose more money on the digital PS5 as they think they can make up the difference with more games being sold digitally. Either way we will hopefully know by the end of the month the prices and launch dates for all next-gen consoles.

Problem is, all reports lead to them probably taking a loss pricing the base PS5 at $499. If they're gonna further undercut those margins to get DE at $399, they'll be closing in on Launch-PS3 levels of loss-per-system. Are they really that confident?

Shaunodon said:

Problem is, all reports lead to them probably taking a loss pricing the base PS5 at $499. If they're gonna further undercut those margins to get DE at $399, they'll be closing in on Launch-PS3 levels of loss-per-system. Are they really that confident?

Those are just wishes :) Not reports. Same as the Xbox Series S without a controller... Someone came up with that and it is just spreading like crazy!

Sony is the market leader and by FAR, it is just illogical to believe that they will take a huge loss compared to Microsoft. And cutting 100$ off the model they would probably sell the less (based on how vocal the Play Station enthusiasts are about this physical non-sense) is just so improbable to me... 

I mean, yes if they undercut it by a lot, of course, they can reach 399$... But other than wishes from people, there is nothing tangible about those prices, to be honest. So I'll stick with what would make sense for the market leader to price their next-gen console.