By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

What happened to this thread? We wnet from 30 posts per day to 3-4 posts.

After that letdown of an event, the bots are on hush mode. It's completely understandable.

If MS really had been planning a September launch for Series X, then I have to question whether there's actually any real intention of doing a Halo Infinite beta.

Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj91KrPPXHM

Can't wait! This looks really good.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:
If MS really had been planning a September launch for Series X, then I have to question whether there's actually any real intention of doing a Halo Infinite beta.

Hmm. If Coronavirus didn't happen then we'd have E3 in June and maybe the beta in June as well, 3 months gap. If the plan is now November, Infinite's beta will likely be in July which would be a 4 month gap, honestly neither is that great for a 'beta'.

Makes me wonder, has Infinite been outright confirmed to be launching day of Series X launch or just Holiday 2020? Checking the Youtube trailer it says "With Project Scarlet" but Project Scarlet is the codename for both devices, Series X and Lockhart so technically it would remain true if Halo Infinite launched alongside Lockhart in November but Series X launched in September.

But I don't think that will happen, though the production has started pretty early so maybe a October launch for Series X could be a possibility alongside Valhalla and Infinite in November...?

Honestly if Series X ends up launching earlier than our predicted November, I hope Infinite still stays in our predicted November, I want to give 343 as much time as possible, especially given the rumours but if Series X does end up launching early, but PS5 manages to match it's date, then they'll have no choice but to pull Halo earlier.

I remember Phil (Maybe Matt Booty?) in an interview saying something like Xbox and Halo started together and they were happy to be launching them together for the first time since OG Xbox with the Series X + Infinite.

shikamaru317 said:
I LOVE GIGGS said:
What happened to this thread? We wnet from 30 posts per day to 3-4 posts.

Was wondering that myself earlier today. The thread suddenly went dead. Main problem seems to be the lack of exciting news the last few days. July can’t come soon enough. But I guess we’ll get some stuff to talk about in June at least, we have Mel Gibson’s picture next week, Sony’s event is coming either next week or the week after and should have some 3rd party multiplats there, then we have the Cyberpunk thing where we will hopefully see the next gen build of the game, and then the IGN and Gamespot 3rd party events.

Yeah I don't think we need to put pressure on ourselves. Its video games. There might be news every day but some of it just wont be worth talking about. I still check the thread every day whether there is a lot going on or not.

I'd likely stop coming if people filled the thread with boring junk just to keep posts up.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Hmm. If Coronavirus didn't happen then we'd have E3 in June and maybe the beta in June as well, 3 months gap. If the plan is now November, Infinite's beta will likely be in July which would be a 4 month gap, honestly neither is that great for a 'beta'.

Makes me wonder, has Infinite been outright confirmed to be launching day of Series X launch or just Holiday 2020? Checking the Youtube trailer it says "With Project Scarlet" but Project Scarlet is the codename for both devices, Series X and Lockhart so technically it would remain true if Halo Infinite launched alongside Lockhart in November but Series X launched in September.

But I don't think that will happen, though the production has started pretty early so maybe a October launch for Series X could be a possibility alongside Valhalla and Infinite in November...?

Honestly if Series X ends up launching earlier than our predicted November, I hope Infinite still stays in our predicted November, I want to give 343 as much time as possible, especially given the rumours but if Series X does end up launching early, but PS5 manages to match it's date, then they'll have no choice but to pull Halo earlier.

Well the messaging has certainly been that Halo will launch alongside the next Xbox, and potential coronavirus delays aside, MS would have a hard time wiggling their way out of that by later claiming "oh no, you see we were being purposefully vague, and what we really meant was that Halo will launch alongside our B-spec console that's coming out a little later than Series X." That would be hilariously stupid marketing.

In any case, I too very much doubt that a September release for either the system, or Halo is particularly realistic at this point. It would be cool of course, but I'd be very very surprised if they managed it.

If we do suppose there's any validity to a September launch for Series X, I think we can safely say that under this scenario, there's pretty much no way Forza doesn't launch alongside it.

Sounds good to me. With reports Series X is all ready in production having a 2 month head start on PS5 would be amazing. I’m hoping that with Halo being in development for 5 years is more then enough for it to be ready. The beta when it happens only needs to stress test servers and tweak weapon balancing. You can do this in 3 months no problem given their size.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.