By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Something else I was thinking of: How do people feel about modern Halo having hitscan vs classic Halo having bullet travel times and such? Personally I strongly prefer hitscan, going back and trying to play Halo 1-3 with no hitscan in MCC was a bit of a nightmare imo, trying to get the target leading distances just right to actually get your BR headshots on a moving target. I was pretty good at it back when I was playing Halo 2 and 3 regularly, but clearly I had forgotten those skills by the time MCC released, and it takes alot of time and practice to get those skills back after they are lost. So I prefer the point and shoot of modern Halo hitscan for sure personally.

I noticed that even though Halo 2 Anniversary MP in Halo MCC was mostly classic, it had hitscan like Halo 4 and 5.

A good video on the debate here, though I personally disagree with his conclusion that we should go back to the Halo 2 or 3 projectile system: 

I'm pretty sure that Halo 2 was always hitscan. They returned to projectiles in Halo 3, but it pissed a lot of people off as I recall. 

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

I'm pretty sure that Halo 2 was always hitscan. They returned to projectiles in Halo 3, but it pissed a lot of people off as I recall. 

Halo 2 does seem to have some form of hitscan based on the video, but to me at least playing MCC it felt very different from the modern hitscan used in 4 and 5. Was weird feeling to say the least. Not really sure what was different between the systems though.

Halo 3's system does take the most skill since you have to memorize target leading distances based on how far away your target is. But I clearly lost the skill I once had (44/50 on Halo 3 ranking system originally) between Halo 3 and MCC, as I feel like I sucked at Halo 3 in MCC, I was struggling to make it past rank 25 in Halo 3 MCC as I recall. I definitely prefer they keep the 4 and 5 hitscan system since you can just hop in and point and shoot at enemies and hit them. 

lol I was just watching that guy's video, and I have to say I'm a bit surprised that someone who seems to be that terrible at Halo is comfortable putting his gameplay on the internet and calling himself the best Halo channel on youtube.

Honestly, for me personally, I'm not sure I have a very strong preference when it comes to hitscan vs projectile guns. I really have no issue playing various games that lean either direction on that, it just comes down to how well it's executed. 

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:
According to trueachivements.com weekly gaming charts, MCC has more players than Halo 5. Overall more players last year as well, but MCC probs has much more people playing campaigns.

Both are doing well though and there's demand for both classic and modern Halo multiplayer.

Something seems off about that to me. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One most played chart for me is US only, but still Halo 5 is currently #36 while MCC is no longer on top 50 (it was on top 50 a few months ago). Unless EU trends and rest of the world trends are vastly different from the US, I don't see how MCC could be beating Halo 5.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

I noticed this awhile back. I think there is a bug where MCC doesn't show up in the top played games. Whenever I look at the top 50 most played Xbox one games, it's never there. When I narrowed the search to top 50 most played shooters, it still wasn't in it, and I feel fairly confident more people play MCC than a good chunk of other shooters in the top 50. It's not even one of the top games played on gamepass. I'm positive it's bug.

shikamaru317 said:
KiigelHeart said:
According to trueachivements.com weekly gaming charts, MCC has more players than Halo 5. Overall more players last year as well, but MCC probs has much more people playing campaigns.

Both are doing well though and there's demand for both classic and modern Halo multiplayer.

Something seems off about that to me. I'm pretty sure the Xbox One most played chart for me is US only, but still Halo 5 is currently #36 while MCC is no longer on top 50 (it was on top 50 a few months ago). Unless EU trends and rest of the world trends are vastly different from the US, I don't see how MCC could be beating Halo 5.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

There's something off about Xbox most played chart. MCC just isn't showing up on that list for whatever reason. It's just not possible it didn't hit top50 even when Reach released.

So I'd go with trueachivements.com list, MCC is one of the most played games on Xbox :) 

dx11332sega said:

I noticed something xcom 2 on pc is 88 while wasteland 2 is 87 on pc. Metacritic

Both are very good games with some technical issues. Just recently bought War of the Chosen expansion for XCOM2 and it's definitely worth playing.

But may I ask, where are you going with this observation? 

Hmm it seems you can't play split-screen and online at the same time on Minecraft Dungeons. What a shame, damnit..

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Hmm it seems you can't play split-screen and online at the same time on Minecraft Dungeons. What a shame, damnit..

I guess that's a limitation yes. Did not test it but the split screen is a blast :) 
The game is amazing and exactly what I was looking for a long time, I'm huge Diablo fan (not for the lore but the gameplay) and this is bringing Minecraft (my kids) and I together.

Been playing this for hours and we are trying to get higher and higher in difficulties. We also started to figure out some really good combo (with enchantments and gear) which makes the game a bit deeper that what I was expected at first.

Loving it so far and playing with my smaller ones (5 and 7 years old) to a "Diablo" clone is just so wonderful :) It is so funny to see how they react when there is a another unique dropping now...

There’s a rumor that if true....it’s shots fired. Very bold.

The idea is that Series X will launch in September near Cyberpunk (not same day but month) to be first out the gate. And the idea is to save Series S to launch the same time as PS5. If estimates are true that the Series S would be approx $200 cheaper, it would be a aggressive counter and undercut, with the idea that when shortages of the PS5 happen at launch, the much cheaper Xbox will be a alternative, given that it will be able to play the same library (albeit at a lesser frame rate and resolution).

Sounds too good to be true. But the news that Series X is all ready in production is curious.

https://youtu.be/jGpyygaTA8Y

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

The idea is that Series X will launch in September near Cyberpunk (not same day but month) to be first out the gate. And the idea is to save Series S to launch the same time as PS5. If estimates are true that the Series S would be approx $200 cheaper, it would be a aggressive counter and undercut, with the idea that when shortages of the PS5 happen at launch, the much cheaper Xbox will be a alternative, given that it will be able to play the same library (albeit at a lesser frame rate and resolution).

Sounds too good to be true. But the news that Series X is all ready in production is curious.

We already discussed that rumor in here

Angelus said:
sales2099 said:

We already discussed that rumor in here

Oops. What’s the consensus? BS or cautious optimism?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

Looks like Sony isn't expected to showcase everything with the PS5 and will be spreading things out like Microsoft is. Thing is Sony still needs to reveal what the PS5 console even looks like. So I expect that next week along with a handful of third-party titles and one or two first-party games. 

They might not show everything in June, but it sounds like there will be at least 11 games there, as June Official Playstation magazine is claiming there will be 38 PS5 games in the issue, and only 27 games (less if you disclude last gen ports) have been announced for PS5 so far I think. 

I’m not too worried, they have a lot of ground to make up. They have to show the console and possible features and showcase 3rd party games. That’s gonna eat up time where as MS got those out of the way for the most part. 

Xbox already announced 4 games for Series X: Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Everwild, and Project Mara. Sony has to announce 4 1st party games just to break even. Anything more then 4 games Xbox can more then make up the gap and then some in July. 

In the meantime, I think the unveiling of Series S and finalizing Xcloud plans in June should make a splash in itself.