By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

Flame in the Flood and Drake Hollow. Flame was a timed Xbox One exclusive a few years ago, and Drake is releasing in July as a timed console exclusive for Xbox One.

I've somehow never heard of them. 

Nor has anyone else lol

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Pssssst Xbox Series X pre-order page is live. No, you can't pre-order it yet. No price or release date is given. 

Damn, I was there quick, before I finished reading your post.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

trunkswd said:

Pssssst Xbox Series X pre-order page is live. No, you can't pre-order it yet. No price or release date is given. 

double post

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

shikamaru317 said:
sales2099 said:
Sounds good to me. With reports Series X is all ready in production having a 2 month head start on PS5 would be amazing. I’m hoping that with Halo being in development for 5 years is more then enough for it to be ready. The beta when it happens only needs to stress test servers and tweak weapon balancing. You can do this in 3 months no problem given their size.

Eh, that's not a sure thing, especially given the rumors that they might have dropped modern features like sprint and clamber. That could piss alot of people off if they did that. An early beta could have given them time to rectify that mistake before launch, but they're certainly not going to be able to add those features back in with just a few months before launch.

Doing the Halo 5 beta so early was a smart idea, as it allowed people to test out things like sprint, clamber, and ground pound, and thankfully most of the community liked those additions, so they didn't even need a beta that early, but things could have easily gone the opposite direction with majority hating sprint, clamber, and ground pound, in which case they would have had 10 months to remove them before launch.

I just hope that the Halo Infinite multiplayer mechanics are good, so that they will simply need to tune things like weapon balance and shield HP, and fix any bugs that people discover in the maps. 3 months will be enough to do that for sure. I still think the ideal scenario would be to have both classic and modern playlists for the MP, so that both those who like classic Halo MP and modern Halo MP will be happy. It's extra work for sure, but would be worth it to bring all of the fanbase together in one game and restore Halo's once legendary MP popularity. 

Hopefully it’s that simple and there are playlists for both styles 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Didn't these "rumors" of Halo ditching sprint get dismissed as being fake?

I really don't see how removing sprint makes any sense at this point, unless they compensate by drastically upping standard movement speed, but I honestly don't think that would be a better solution than simply keeping sprint. Preventing shield recharge on sprint was the best balancing option to allow for quick traversal of space, without the frustration of having opponents simply run away every time things got hot. If you supercharge standard movement, combat engagements, with strafing and the like might start to become a bit cartoonish.

Can't imagine they'd go this route.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

I really don't see how removing sprint makes any sense at this point, unless they compensate by drastically upping standard movement speed, but I honestly don't think that would be a better solution than simply keeping sprint. Preventing shield recharge on sprint was the best balancing option to allow for quick traversal of space, without the frustration of having opponents simply run away every time things got hot. If you supercharge standard movement, combat engagements, with strafing and the like might start to become a bit cartoonish.

You have no idea how split the fanbase is on this. Many popular Halo youtubers are stuck in 2007. They maintain that with sprint, maps have to be larger to compensate for the faster speeds. That it “ruins” the classic dynamic.

Pro sprinters like the increased speed, shield not recharging as a balancing mechanic, I myself like the lore accuracy (why my super soldier doesn’t know how to run always raised an eyebrow). 

If 343 picks any one side the community will go back to 2015 and become toxic again. Not looking forward to This one aspect of the July reveal 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Angelus said:

You have no idea how split the fanbase is on this. Many popular Halo youtubers are stuck in 2007. They maintain that with sprint, maps have to be larger to compensate for the faster speeds. That it “ruins” the classic dynamic.

Pro sprinters like the increased speed, shield not recharging as a balancing mechanic, I myself like the lore accuracy (why my super soldier doesn’t know how to run always raised an eyebrow). 

If 343 picks any one side the community will go back to 2015 and become toxic again. Not looking forward to This one aspect of the July reveal 

I don't believe it's possible for them not to "pick a side" in this matter. Designing and balancing enough maps for both styles of play is far too much work, because yes, maps do have to be made differently to account for sprint. 

But ya, I'll be honest, I generally have no idea how the greater Halo community feels about sprint, or some of the other mechanics that 343 has added to the game. All I can really say is that in my personal group of friends the Halo 5 mechanics were generally well received. 

I promised you some Mafia 3 glitches so here they are. Also make sure to enjoy the muddy graphics:

Nothing too spectacular here.

That one was crazy. No idea why your own car suddenly disappears.

Got some really nice headshots here, with and without slow motion. I left that part in, the glitch happens at the very end. NPC seems to be invincible in water... that is until he drowned through the bottom of the pool.

You can see the NPCs running out of the house at the beginning of the video. I guess they ascended into heaven but had to left their bottles behind.

Ryuu96 said:

Personally I hope they get rid of some abilities, there is too many and some are meh.

• Sprint - I think I'd rather keep sprint for campaign, especially if it goes open hub, I don't care what happens to it for multiplayer though, stay or go.
  • Thrusters - They cool, they can stay.
  • Clamber - Ehh, I actually enjoyed doing grenade jumps and stuff, so I'm leaning more towards getting rid of it but I don't think it would bother me too much if it stays.
  • Spartan Charge - Meh, it is a cheap ability and sucks, I hope they get rid of it.
  • Sliding - Don't really care, feels more like an ability for show, should probably remove it.
  • Ground Pound - Looks dumb, remove it.

So maybe, keep Sprint, Thrusters and Clamber (?).

Get rid of Spartan Charge, Slide and Ground Pound.

I agree with removing Charge, but I disagree with removing Pound and Slide. Pound has an actual risk/reward factor for using it, leaving you highly exposed for the duration of the wind up, weighed against the upside of a potential one shot kill. It's a fun addition. I also don't really agree with it looking dumb, but that's subjective. Slide...sure, you could get rid of it and it wouldn't be a big deal, but...why bother? You've already added it in, and it doesn't negatively influence the gameplay loop, or tie up any buttons that you might use for something else. Taking it out doesn't provide any kind of net positive, and you might just annoy some people who liked having it.

As for Clamber...having it doesn't mean you can't still have grenade jumps. It just means those grind jumps can get you to higher areas than before.

According to trueachivements.com weekly gaming charts, MCC has more players than Halo 5. Overall more players last year as well, but MCC probs has much more people playing campaigns.

Both are doing well though and there's demand for both classic and modern Halo multiplayer.