By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Goatseye said:
That’s some serious money hatting 🎩 there.
People got the nerve to say that MS is anti consumer but gloss over Sony’s aggressive moves that will purposefully block gamers access to 3rd party games.

It is interesting.  If you think about it, its pretty ruthless.  Sony gained a lot of market share with their exclusive content during the PS4 era not to mention the missteps from MS.  Now going into next gen, Sony tries to grab as many 3rd party exclusives as they possible can to limit MS portfolio on release and MS shows Sony that going to bat this way, may not be the right course as they flex MS big boy muscle by purchasing a publisher.  Sony and MS may act like its all fun and games but in reality each one is playing for keeps.  Did Sony force MS into this position, no but I doubt that Sony really wants the full attention to the gaming space from MS instead of being this division off to the side of their main business.  If main MS has switched gears and now feel the gaming space is the new uncharted world with those billion of devices looking for a sub, then things has really changed within MS and now the Xbox division is considered on the same level as their office suite.  Should be interesting to see how MS shape themselves in the next 5 years.

I believe that Phil has done some type of Inception on Nat, entered his dreams and made him want to spend billions on gamepass believing its the next best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 01 November 2020

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Goatseye said:
That’s some serious money hatting 🎩 there.
People got the nerve to say that MS is anti consumer but gloss over Sony’s aggressive moves that will purposefully block gamers access to 3rd party games.

It is interesting.  If you think about it, its pretty ruthless.  Sony gained a lot of market share with their exclusive content during the PS4 era not to mention the missteps from MS.  Now going into next gen, Sony tries to grab as many 3rd party exclusives as they possible can to limit MS portfolio on release and MS shows Sony that going to bat this way, may not be the right course as they flex MS big boy muscle by purchasing a publisher.  Sony and MS may act like its all fun and games but in reality each one is playing for keeps.  Did Sony force MS into this position, no but I doubt that Sony really wants the full attention to the gaming space from MS instead of being this division off to the side of their main business.  If main MS has switched gears and now feel the gaming space is the new uncharted world with those billion of devices looking for a sub, then things has really changed within MS and now the Xbox division is considered on the same level as their office suite.  Should be interesting to see how MS shape themselves in the next 5 years.

I believe that Phil has done some type of Inception on Nat, entered his dreams and made him want to spend billions on gamepass believing its the next best thing since sliced bread.

The idea of 50 million Game Pass subs (500 - 750 million per month revenue) between console, PC and Mobile devices is enough to make any CEO jump on board. People buying outright on Xbox/Windows Store and Steam will offset any costs maintaining the service. 

MS can do it, they really can, if they play their cards right. And to do so, they need several A-AAA games per year every year. Truly exciting times ahead. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

👀👀

shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

👀👀

If most stores are going to be stocked anywhere near that well, launch for Series S and X is going to be big. I'm counting I believe 111 Series X units on those 2 pallets, and this is just that store's Series X stock, this store will likely have nearly as many Series S units to target the early Christmas shoppers. We already saw day one preorders sell out within hours in most countries, so we know that online sales were strong, with Xbox Series X making Amazon US' yearly bestsellers chart at #54 from about 30 minutes of preorders alone. Assuming that MS concentrated the majority of their first week shipments to the US, their strongest market by far, Xbox Series might just break the US console launch sales record.

The current top 5 US console launches I believe:

1. PS4- 982k first week
  2. Xbox One- 652k first week
  3. Wii- 529k first week
  4. Switch- 507k first week
  5. PS2- 500k first week

At the very least, beating Xbox One's 652k first week seems likely if stock is strong enough. And of course, even if Xbox Series does beat PS4's launch record, PS5 could beat it as well. 

Yeah I think the Xbox Series will definitely outsell the Xbox Ones launch and maybe even the PS4 depending on how much Series S they ship. The Series S hasn't shipped yet.

I would put the Medium in the same tier as Ryse to be honest. We're missing a third big game to replace the place left by Forza though.

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
I would put the Medium in the same tier as Ryse to be honest. We're missing a third big game to replace the place left by Forza though.

Also CrossfireX in December I believe. That, Medium and Gears Tactics, it’s not bad. Superior multiplats and better upgraded current gen games. 

It just looks bad online because Sony doing a great job of marketing Demon Souls and Spiderman 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Started Supraland earlier. Looks promising but I'm not a fan of the performance. Feels a little choppy. Another game I'd rather play on Series X.

Demon's Souls is also "only" a remake and not a 100% new game. Sure, the difference is bigger as an Xbox One game upgradet to Series X but in the end it's still Demon's Souls and not a new game.

uhm wasn't there some kind of xcloud controversy?

https://www.trueachievements.com/n43798/apple-tv-comes-to-xbox-consoles-on-november-10th

Demon Souls is getting a lot of praise for its visual presentation but after looking at watch dogs Legions with RT enabled, I would put this game ahead of DS.  Legions really shows how good RT can improve the image quality within a game compared when its not there as this DF PC review shows.  If the Next Gen consoles come close to what is shone on the PC, then legions should make  serious case for best looking launch game.