By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

but RT isn't that great

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
but RT isn't that great

The real interrogative here is whether the Series S can upscale games and whether the machine learning does something to help this happen. If it gets close to DLSS, you might not even need a Series X at all

😃

Ryuu96 said:

This is me

Anyone been charged yet? I've seen folk saying days ago they were charged by Microsoft Store but nothing for me yet.

I have been charged. But I have yet to receive cofirmation by Microsoft that the payment have been process and/or that the item have been shipped.

Ryuu96 said:

Digital Foundry just released a performance video on this.  Looks good.   Nevermind just followed the link.

I was sold with the reduced latency input and the variable refresh rate.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 03 November 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This is me

Anyone been charged yet? I've seen folk saying days ago they were charged by Microsoft Store but nothing for me yet.

I have been charged for both my S and X yesterday :)
It's happening...

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Procedural generation for planets matches with the Starfield rumors as well, and it makes sense. Mass Effect Andromeda used it too, you're just not going to be able to make multiple large maps for different planets with a completely hand crafted approach, it's much faster to use procedural generation and then to go over those procedural maps and polish them by hand to work out any bugs and glitches with the terrain and foliage and such, and add hand crafted cities and towns to them. I am surprised to hear that they are using procedural generation for Elder Scrolls 6 as well though, starting to think that TES 6 isn't just Hammerfell like the teaser trailer suggested. Maybe Hammerfell + High Rock since they are connected? I would prefer Hammerfell + High Rock to just Hammerfell personally, there is not enough visual variety in just Hammerfell, it's mostly desert with handful of small forests, some grassy plains, and some mountains, with a handful of small tropical islands. Adding High Rock to the map would give us much more variety in terms of environments and architecture, High Rock is made up of 5 different Breton kingdoms plus the Orsimer city-state of Orsinium on the border of High Rock, Hammerfell, and Skyrim I believe.

It does not have to look similar, Morrowind did a good job with different regions/buildings/dungeouns.  Also on a political level with slaves and all.  

A Hat in Time is on sale, 50% off I think. Bought it as it's still not on Game Pass after 3 years.
    First impression.... not that good.
    Resolution is absolutely terrible. It came out a month after Xbox One X launch. Really no reason for it not to support a higher res. It's probably 900p as the Switch version runs at 720p but it sure as hell looks closer to 720p.
    Not convinced on the level design either. They seem to be very overloaded and convoluted.
    But we'll see. I'm still at a very very early point.

After server hopping Over 100 times to grind out the Ashen Wind bosses, I’m so looking forward to faster load times in SoT. 120 FPS would’ve been nice

Ryuu96 said:

Probably won't see it until E3 2021 and that might be for the best (for Xbox), I think if it's revealed again before the acquisition closes it will be multiplatform.

There is no logic here. Bethesda is already in process of being acquired. The decision on whether Starfield multiplatform or not is most likely already made or will be made in the next couple of months. Doesn't matter when they show it again - E3 2021 or earlier - it won't change the platforms it will be developed for.