By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

We all knew Chief has big dick energy

Around the Network

Looks like a reference to that Steve in Smash thing

Hopefully MS studios will make use of idTech in more games. That engine is amazing

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Found over on Era too, if Fable was using Unreal Engine then why would they need to learn how to use Forzatech? 

It's starting to make more sense why Turn 10 is helping out, maybe they're re-purposing ForzaTech for Fable or making an entirely new engine for it? I trust Turn 10 to be able to do it, Forzatech is amazing.

I'm pretty sure leakers said that Fable was Unreal, and their job listings for Fable for the last few years were asking for Unreal experience as I recall. So either they are changing engines mid development (I hope that is not the case as it would slow development up), or they are hiring for a 3rd AAA project. Either way, I doubt the engine being used is ForzaTech, it makes zero sense to use an engine that was built for racing games on an action RPG. 

I understand that Forzatech is a multi purpose engine, with the ability to implement some of the best physics technology and the water asset from Sea of Thieves. 🙂

I mean, Flight Sim 2020 uses Forzatech and it has no issues properly rendering the vastest open world created. 

derpysquirtle64 said:
Hopefully MS studios will make use of idTech in more games. That engine is amazing

That engine is amazing. They need to make it shine with a cinematic 3rd Person Shooter.

Around the Network

Do we know how engine fees worth with streaming/sub services? Like if we have 5m players through Gamepass on Unreal Engine what do Epic make from that?

WoodenPints said:
Do we know how engine fees worth with streaming/sub services? Like if we have 5m players through Gamepass on Unreal Engine what do Epic make from that?

Considering MS pays Game Pass games up front and not on the basis of downloads, I'd say the same is true for other fees such as engine fees. Certain percentage of the up front payment is my guess.

Barozi said:
WoodenPints said:

Considering MS pays Game Pass games up front and not on the basis of downloads, I'd say the same is true for other fees such as engine fees. Certain percentage of the up front payment is my guess.

Hmm that is likely true for third party deals they sign for Gamepass but what about their internal development teams surely Epic would want some sort of cut on millions of people playing through a subscription.

shikamaru317 said:
Goatseye said:

I understand that Forzatech is a multi purpose engine, with the ability to implement some of the best physics technology and the water asset from Sea of Thieves. 🙂

I mean, Flight Sim 2020 uses Forzatech and it has no issues properly rendering the vastest open world created. 

I think that was just a rumor, pretty sure that Flight Sim is actually using a proprietary engine built by Asobo. 

Here’s Asobo CEO’s interview: 

He even mentions that MS is investing in the studio.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.madinfinite.com/amp/news/2020/09/asobo-studio-says-it-will-maintain-content-support-and-updates-on-microsoft-flight-simulator-for-10-years/

WoodenPints said:

5% revenue no matter how it was earned, through sales or otherwise, I suppose