By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The top 50 highest rated games on Metacritic of the decade

Does Super Mario Galaxy 2 deserve to be on top?

Yes 22 40.00%

No 22 40.00%

Maybe so 9 16.36%

Other game because.. (answer in thread) 2 3.64%

Total:55

This is more like the top 15, because a few games have multiple versions on this list, and collections like Ico shouldn't count.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I'm not sure what got you to think Persona 4 looks like a cringy game, from what I've played both games seem quite similar.

The music I've heard is cringy, and everyone I know who has played it says the story is cringy too. Therefore, I assume the game is cringy.

Persona 4 Golden is my favorite game that I've ever played, so I must be some type of exception.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

How did the witcher 3 only score 92?

DFlo195 said:
Most of the list I at least sort of agree with, though there's a lot of games on there I haven't gotten a chance to play yet. Only surprise for me is that Uncharted 3 made the list while Uncharted 2 didn't, perhaps I'm alone in this thought but I think the 2nd one outclasses #3 in almost every metric (gameplay, gun fights, level design, story, etc.), though they're both amazing games.

Uncharted 2 didn't come out in this decade. It came out in 2009 so wasn't eligible.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not even better than Galaxy 1.  No way it should be in the top spot.

Galaxy 1 didn't release this decade, did it? So that argument completely irrelevant.

Around the Network

I'd personally put Breath of the Wild and Odyssey above Galaxy 2.

I would disagree with Mass Effect 3 and Celeste, but of the games I'd played, the rest of them deserve to be there.

Meh, the list is absurd.

We should all vote and make another top 50 games THAT WE THINK are the best of the decade.

No doubt Bloodstained and The Last Guardian would be on my list which both got low 80's on meta. Pretty nuts!

StreaK said:
Meh, the list is absurd.

We should all vote and make another top 50 games THAT WE THINK are the best of the decade.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241290

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Kind of surprised that no one has talked about Skyward Sword. Everyone hates or ignores the game and yet is sitting there at 24th spot. Goes to show that, while there were a lot of amazing games this decade (a lot of them not even having 90+), getting 93+ Metascores had become increasingly harder.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.