By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The top 50 highest rated games on Metacritic of the decade

Does Super Mario Galaxy 2 deserve to be on top?

Yes 22 40.00%

No 22 40.00%

Maybe so 9 16.36%

Other game because.. (answer in thread) 2 3.64%

Total:55

Metacritic is a joke.
Games like Death Stranding was getting 0/10 and 10/10 a few hours after release. Enough said...

Around the Network

Why is Galaxy not on the list? Has 97 average and only a few less reviews than 2.

JWeinCom said:
Why is Galaxy not on the list? Has 97 average and only a few less reviews than 2.

Only games released in the 2010s. Galaxy 1 was before that.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:
JWeinCom said:

Only games released in the 2010s. Galaxy 1 was before that.

Reading comprehension fail.  Thanks for the clarification.

Cool, I've played at least 30 of those. The Japanese stuff and last two Uncharted games I have missed.

Idk how in the world ME2 and 3 make it so high with the much superior original not making it at all. I don't agree with the love of the cinematic linear story games critics gush over nowadays either. Some of those games are way too high for me.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Cool, I've played at least 30 of those. The Japanese stuff and last two Uncharted games I have missed.

Idk how in the world ME2 and 3 make it so high with the much superior original not making it at all. I don't agree with the love of the cinematic linear story games critics gush over nowadays either. Some of those games are way too high for me.

The original didn't come out this decade.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Cinematic Linear Story Games? Like what? 

To me that's why PlayStation is the best place to play- it's the best of both worlds. Great exclusives and great third party support. The vast majority of these games are playable on Sony systems. But also the variety. Nintendo will always be top heavy with their exclusives being rated among the best - but you'd be hard pressed to find one that's not Mario/Zelda related. And I don't see third party support getting any better when the PS5/ next Xbox launch next year.

tripenfall said:
Metacritic is a joke.
Games like Death Stranding was getting 0/10 and 10/10 a few hours after release. Enough said...

Those would be user reviews. The Top 50 comes from the aggregated scores of review sites, it doesn't include user reviews.

Signature goes here!

flashfire926 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

The original didn't come out this decade.

Damn what a stupid idiot I am. I even read someone else making the same mistake with Galaxy1 1.