Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales : Wii Fit versus Ring Fit (launch aligned)

Amnesia said:
RolStoppable said:
Here are the weekly Famitsu numbers for Wii Fit, so there's no need to do any estimates yourself.

http://garaph.info/softwareindividual.php//gid/2674

By the way, thanks again for these data, I apologize for my rude message a few days ago.

No worries, you were nice in comparison to a lot of others I've seen over the years on this site.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

First post updated.
Ring Fit has started to counter attack!
In 6 weeks from this point, the weekly sales of the Wii Fit will dramatically collapse.

At some points in the data, a week is missing (Japan holidays), for these exceptions I have decided to divide by 2 the value and spread the quantity on the 2 weeks concerned.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

The difference is starting to stabilize with Ring Fit even slowly gaining ground.
Realistically, I don't think this is a fight it can win, but even just maintaining the current ~1,3 mil difference would put it at 2,2 mil+ lifetime, which would be incredible for a game that "only" debuted at 70k.

UnderwaterFunktown said:
The difference is starting to stabilize with Ring Fit even slowly gaining ground.
Realistically, I don't think this is a fight it can win, but even just maintaining the current ~1,3 mil difference would put it at 2,2 mil+ lifetime, which would be incredible for a game that "only" debuted at 70k.

I think I have exagerated...It is not a "collapse" in 6 weeks...But I think the Ring Fit has decent chances to retake a lot of ground, if we see soon a DLC for example, which sounds to me like an easy and obvious plan for Nintendo.

RING FIT STRIKES !

Around the Network

Ring Fit Adventure has proven its longevity, so 2m lifetime are almost safe to predict now. It can of course go farther than that, but one factor to consider is whether or not Nintendo repeats the Wii Fit strategy of phasing out the original release and replacing it with a Plus version that would be counted separately. It's not likely that they'll do it again, because RFA was more robust to begin with and today's continuous updates via downloads allow Nintendo to add more to RFA without having to do a new release.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

The possibilities for new softwares are huge with the device.

Amnesia said:
The possibilities for new softwares are huge with the device.

You mean the Ring-Con? There's not much that can be done with it. Fitness games and that's it.

Financially, it's more efficient to stick with a single game because that requires less marketing money.

Amnesia said:
RING FIT STRIKES !

What are we seeing?

KLAMarine said:
Amnesia said:
RING FIT STRIKES !

What are we seeing?

Sorry I have not written the usual "first post updated"