Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales : Wii Fit versus Ring Fit (launch aligned)

This is like comparing Wii Music release to Guitar Hero 2. We have moved on from this obsession so it isn't fair to compare even if it's better.

Inb4 someone tries to tell me Wii Music wasn't game of the generation.

Around the Network

Tagging to this, this will get interesting on the long run

I will upload the graph, but I won't necessarly comment everytime we have a number.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Amnesia said:

I thought it would be a cool comparison, the fight seems over already but on this graph, the Wii Fit already got the full holiday boost, and the Ring Fit is only starting it, it will also beneficiates from a black Friday. Let's see if it can make a respectable come back against the monster Wii Fit.

is black friday even a thing in Japan?

Yes I have checked before writing this, it is not massive but there is something.

LET'S FACE THIS FACT : The Switch is the last physical video game system of the history who has a chance to beat PS2's sales.

Around the Network

Wii Fit was a juggernaut back in the day. Absolute beast. I doubt Ring Fit will do the same. If it cracks a million in Japan it would be a huge success. I already think it is!

YNWA

As I've said in the other two threads, I think Ring Fit Adventure has the potential to be a sleeper hit. I could be wrong, we'll see.

Wii Fit, obviously the opposite of a sleeper hit, it was one of the most heavily promoted games in history.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

well...Poor Ring Fit is doomed I think...And this doesn't look like the shortage is still going, by the time they should have increased the shipment, this thing doesn't look like a product which takes hours to assemble.

First post updated.

Amnesia said:
well...Poor Ring Fit is doomed I think...And this doesn't look like the shortage is still going, by the time they should have increased the shipment, this thing doesn't look like a product which takes hours to assemble.

First post updated.

From what I know the stock issues are still going and Nintendo released that statement that they won't be able to resolve them until the new year comes around.

The game only available on 3rd party sellers on amazon.co.jp basically all the time. (for a whopping $130)

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Marth said:
Amnesia said:

First post updated.

From what I know the stock issues are still going and Nintendo released that statement that they won't be able to resolve them until the new year comes around.

The game only available on 3rd party sellers on amazon.co.jp basically all the time. (for a whopping $130)

Ah ok. So it could have done 2 or 3 or more times what he has done last week.