By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Mnementh said:

#45

a) A seasoned adventurer shipwrecks on a cursed island.

All I know is that it is most definitely not a Monkey Island game, because you would never put such a game so low on your list.



Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

#45

a) A seasoned adventurer shipwrecks on a cursed island.

All I know is that it is most definitely not a Monkey Island game, because you would never put such a game so low on your list.

You learned from past experience. I remember one year you must have guessed Monkey Island about 10 times (only slightly exaggerated) for different spots on my list, before it was actually it's turn.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

#45

a) A seasoned adventurer shipwrecks on a cursed island.

A bit of a strecht, but... Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana?



Jpcc86 said:
Mnementh said:

#45

a) A seasoned adventurer shipwrecks on a cursed island.

A bit of a strecht, but... Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana?

Well yes. I really thought I can give more hints later, but here we go, already solved.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Jpcc86 said:

A bit of a strecht, but... Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana?

Well yes. I really thought I can give more hints later, but here we go, already solved.

Had it in mind cause that game is also in my list, loved it. =P



Around the Network

Guessed by Landale_Star

Another simple game because like a famous architect once said; 'less is more'. "Soccer" is the only sports game on my list, because usually I don't really care for a sports game for longer than a limited amount of time. Obviously, modern sports games are better made and are vastly more feature rich than this old NES Black Box game, but this game can claim a certain nostalgic merrit. In the early nineties, when I was just a young boy, my aunt was an avid gamer. At some point she got a Super Nintendo and after a while it was decided that her old NES would go to the guest room at my grandmother's house so that my cousin and I could play something when we were there. And so we did. Hours upon hours, as one of the first multiplayer games I ever played, and to the annoyance of our grandmother, my cousin and me would play Soccer and be amazed by the halftime intermezzo.



The next game is a clone of a more famous game, I'll let you guess the 'parent game' because the clone, unless you remember from last year, probably impossible to guess.

#48: In this puzzle platformer a wizard has the power to build and break blocks. If only he also had the power to unlock doors without the key.

For the clone I'll include; replace "wizard" with "colorful toy robot".



S.Peelman said:
The next game is a clone of a more famous game, I'll let you guess the 'parent game' because the clone, unless you remember from last year, probably impossible to guess.

#48: In this puzzle platformer a wizard has the power to build and break blocks. If only he also had the power to unlock doors without the key.

For the clone I'll include; replace "wizard" with "colorful toy robot".

I believe the original is Solomon's Key.  No idea on what the clone is.



S.Peelman said:
The next game is a clone of a more famous game, I'll let you guess the 'parent game' because the clone, unless you remember from last year, probably impossible to guess.

#48: In this puzzle platformer a wizard has the power to build and break blocks. If only he also had the power to unlock doors without the key.

For the clone I'll include; replace "wizard" with "colorful toy robot".

Solomon's Key?

Edit: Google tells me Tang Tang might be the clone.



The_Liquid_Laser said:
S.Peelman said:
The next game is a clone of a more famous game, I'll let you guess the 'parent game' because the clone, unless you remember from last year, probably impossible to guess.

#48: In this puzzle platformer a wizard has the power to build and break blocks. If only he also had the power to unlock doors without the key.

For the clone I'll include; replace "wizard" with "colorful toy robot".

I believe the original is Solomon's Key.  No idea on what the clone is.

Flilix said:

Solomon's Key?

Edit: Google tells me Tang Tang might be the clone.

Both right on Solomon's Key. That was guessed a lot faster than last year!

That Tang Tang game looks like it, but my clone is called Step on It. I have no idea why I even have that game, but it sure was fun and memorable.