By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Jaicee said:
Everyone try and predict my entry for 2morrowz! You'll defs succeed B-cuz of how predictable I am!

Tomorrow's addition will be a newer game modeled closely after the style of games from the 8-bit era.

Octopath Traveler?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Octopath Traveler?

Try slightly more obscure! (And better.)

(I was kidding about being predictable. No one will guess it. But it'll be funny to watch people try! )

Further hint: it involves platforming.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 13 November 2019

Mnementh said:
Darashiva said:

Wrong on 46, but correct on 45.

Then #46 might be Lost Odyssey?

That's the one. Played through the game for the first time earlier this year, and really liked it.

#49 Hint: The 3rd game in a loved Hack n' Slash series. You can use a Rocket Launcher in this game!

#48 Hint: This game appears on DS, and PS3. It only came to DS in Japan. The best Poke'mon game not named Poke'mon.

#47 Hint: The best NES game hands down! We got our first sneak peak of this game in a movie starring Fred Savage.

Cerebralbore101 said:
#49 Hint: The 3rd game in a loved Hack n' Slash series. You can use a Rocket Launcher in this game!

#48 Hint: This game appears on DS, and PS3. It only came to DS in Japan. The best Poke'mon game not named Poke'mon.

#47 Hint: The best NES game hands down! We got our first sneak peak of this game in a movie starring Fred Savage.

#48: Ni No Kuni?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

#48: Ni No Kuni?

Yes!

Agente42 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Now for my next 2 games:

#46: Arabian-themed

#45: Deliberately monochrome game (with some red and yellow sometimes thrown in for good measure)

46 - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

45 - Madworld

#45: MadWorld is correct

#46: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time however is wrong. I'll wait a bit for other suggestions before I come with a hint.

Cerebralbore101 said:

#47: Super Mario Bros 3

Try playing with the Power Glove. It's so bad ^^

Cerebralbore101 said:

49 - Devil May Cry 3??? The Kalina Ann is a rocket launcher... of sorts.

Darashiva said:

I'll drop some hints for my next few games as well:

-A space-faring, pirate-themed PS2 JRPG by the studio behind Ni No Kuni and Professor Layton.

-Much like Final Fantasy, made by the creator of Final Fantasy, but under a different name.

-Link, Spawn, or Heihachi?

#47 - Rogue Galaxy?

Jaicee said:
Mnementh said:

Octopath Traveler?

Try slightly more obscure! (And better.)

(I was kidding about being predictable. No one will guess it. But it'll be funny to watch people try! )

Further hint: it involves platforming.

Meow meow?