By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PC)

Change From Last Year: =

Outside of the Final Fantasy-franchise, my absolute favourite JRPG-series is The Legend of Heroes. The Trails in the Sky-subseries was the first experience I had with the series, and both of the games I've played in it are some of the best games I've ever played. The story is excellent, with great writing infused with charm, humour, and a great sense of scale, and its supported by a cast of wonderful characters. 

Visually Trails in the Sky Second Chapter is slightly dated, as it was originally released back in 2006 before it finally made its way to the west in 2015, but that's really the only issue the game has, and its mitigated by solid visual design of the world and characters. The music is also great, and the battle system is among the best in its genre.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
14. The last entry to date of this incredibly technical 3-D fighting game series.
Hint #2: The series was the direct competitor to Tekken.

Virtua Fighter 5?

@mZuzek impossible for a late sign-up?

SanAndreasX said:
14. The last entry to date of this incredibly technical 3-D fighting game series.
Hint #2: The series was the direct competitor to Tekken.

Farsala guesses Virtua Fighter, so I'll guess Dead or Alive.

The last being 6. So, Dead or Alive 6?

Second hint;

#14: The player's character is hailed as a great hero from a battle long ago. In reality however, he wasn't anything of the sort, and he died almost immediately.
#14 (Hint 2): Being dead comes with some problems of course, though one thing that's handy is that you're always armed even when you don't have a weapon.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Second hint;

#14: The player's character is hailed as a great hero from a battle long ago. In reality however, he wasn't anything of the sort, and he died almost immediately.
#14 (Hint 2): Being dead comes with some problems of course, though one thing that's handy is that you're always armed even when you don't have a weapon.

MediEvil?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Teeqoz said:

I say go for it. 

Signature goes here!

Mnementh said:
S.Peelman said:
Second hint;

MediEvil?

Yes.

Still need to play the remake. I have it though, it stands nicely on my shelf, face front, still in its wrapper. Next to Luigi's Mansion in fact. Also in its wrapper. The guy at the story said he sensed some kind of Halloween theme in my purchases. Also because it was around that time when I bought them. A coincidence I sad. Anyway, if the remake's as great as the original I still have something good to look forward to!

All but #17 have been gussed, so I'll add the final games before my top 10. I'm considering doing this "why this game is so amazing" thing for my top 10, but I think I'm still too lazy for that.

Hint 1: World with altered physics.
Hint 2: Same franchise as #19 and #20.
Hint 3: This is also a 'sequel', but it's a lot more similar to the previous games than game #19 is to #20.
Hint 4: Games #20 and #19 are Pokémon Black & White and Pokémon Black & White 2.

Hint 1: This game is pretty much just Dark Souls.

Hint 1: 11th game in the franchise, and the first one that isn't numbered.

Hint 1: This game came with a step counter.

Flilix said:
Hint 1: This game came with a step counter.

Uhm... Pokemon Go?

mZuzek said:
Teeqoz said:

Um... oh boy. Talk about late, there.

Whatever, come on in. Just send me your full list asap.

Well, I've kinda been gone for 1 and a half year. On it!