By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The cuts for the Sw/Sh dex were worse than even the most pessimistic predictions

Tagged games:

Runa216 said:
mZuzek said:

Eh, to be fair, Runa goes way back.

To be fair, I'm one of the only ones in this thread who is speaking with any semblance of reason and seems to have any sort of tangible link to reality.

Exactly.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
RingoGaSuki said:

There should be no limit ...

Stopped reading there. You clearly don't live in reality. 

Sure thing lol. It's not as if the models for all of the old Pokemon already exist or anything.

They don't have to keep making new Pokemon, there's enough as it is. But there's no excuse for cutting content that already exists, and is absolutely portable forward to the new games.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 10 November 2019

Did anybody catch the stream last night? The old restriction that traded Pokemon won't obey you has been widened, now you straight up cannot catch any Pokemon over a certain level until you clear story goals, even if you encounter them legitimately in the wild. (Dude on the stream found a level 28 Sneasel, couldn't catch it because it was over L25).

Just fucking why? I can't wait until somebody loses a shiny to this shit, it's like they're actively trying to take any enjoyment out of the games.

On top of that, every battle now takes place in a void, not an environment. Even Let's Go games had an environment around you in battle, who the fuck is making these decisions? It makes no fucking sense.

Not like it matters though, they're investing as little as possible, but will still make more money than they ever have before. Even if these just sell 12m, that's still more money than any game's brought in since G/S/C.

RingoGaSuki said:
Did anybody catch the stream last night? The old restriction that traded Pokemon won't obey you has been widened, now you straight up cannot catch any Pokemon over a certain level until you clear story goals, even if you encounter them legitimately in the wild. (Dude on the stream found a level 28 Sneasel, couldn't catch it because it was over L25).

Just fucking why? I can't wait until somebody loses a shiny to this shit, it's like they're actively trying to take any enjoyment out of the games.

On top of that, every battle now takes place in a void, not an environment. Even Let's Go games had an environment around you in battle, who the fuck is making these decisions? It makes no fucking sense.

Not like it matters though, they're investing as little as possible, but will still make more money than they ever have before. Even if these just sell 12m, that's still more money than any game's brought in since G/S/C.

What do you mean by this?

RingoGaSuki said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp605udv3vk I'm not seeing a void...

Around the Network

Took some time to think about it and tbh I'm not really that mad about the cuts. I mean it's shit that my fav mons aren't in but hopefully it'll be more balanced. I do think Game Freak didn't use their resources efficiently. If they're just gonna have about 400 mons they should've used the resources to make the world more lively and the Pokemon as well. Also they could've handled the cuts better, they could've thought to hold events where "a rare Pokemon not usually seen in Galar has been spotted!" and then they could release a few mons not in the base game that way.

tsogud said:
Took some time to think about it and tbh I'm not really that mad about the cuts. I mean it's shit that my fav mons aren't in but hopefully it'll be more balanced. I do think Game Freak didn't use their resources efficiently. If they're just gonna have about 400 mons they should've used the resources to make the world more lively and the Pokemon as well. Also they could've handled the cuts better, they could've thought to hold events where "a rare Pokemon not usually seen in Galar has been spotted!" and then they could release a few mons not in the base game that way.

They still could, and even though they've said there's no plan to as of now, I believe they will.  That's been an effective strategy for Nintendo with games like Splatoon and Arms (adding more content via a slow drip), and adding Pokemon from new regions from time to time has also been a winning strategy for Pokemon Go.  Seems to make too much sense not to, but of course, that's just an assumption.

According to dataminers that chart of cut Pokemon may not be accurate as the are Pokemon in Sw/Sh that seem to be returning that the chart says aren't.

It's pretty frustrating that Poke'mon Go makes more money than the mainline series. It's just throwing Poke'balls. There's no weakening the enemy Poke'mon, no real battling. It's such a painfully simple game. And yet because it's a free app with microtransactions it makes an ungodly amount of money.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Gamefreak is just a bad developer, and Poke'mon only remains as good as it is because they are painting by numbers. Look at Giga Wrecker, and Little Town Hero. Both games were pretty much hated by critics.

Wyrdness said:

According to dataminers that chart of cut Pokemon may not be accurate as the are Pokemon in Sw/Sh that seem to be returning that the chart says aren't.

Nice, some good ones in that datamine. My guess is they're not in the game on release unless they're being added in a day one patch. Probably plan to add them in later, via event codes through that new app they have.