By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The cuts for the Sw/Sh dex were worse than even the most pessimistic predictions

Tagged games:

shikamaru317 said:

Just saw that #GamefreakLied is trending on Twitter after a datamine confirmed that the game is reusing 3DS Pokemon models (Gamefreak said that the reason foir the Dex cut was because they needed to make new models for the Pokemon).

What, is that true? 

No way that can be true. Whatever happened to "we can't add more pokemon because modeling takes 901281349028347128903471238904713204 months"?

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
RingoGaSuki said:

It's not an upgrade at all, even graphically.

Sun and Moon looked better than this. ORAS looked better than this. Every DS/GBA instalment looked better than this. The Let's Go games looked better than this.

Scaling is fucked too, look how tiny Snorlax and Wailord are.

Wailord's supposed to be 48'10", the second largest Pokemon there is. It's dwarfed by a 10 year-old.

Dammit, we haven't had a scale correct Wailord since Battle Revolution.

Also, what's with the super dense weather effects? At some points you can't see where you're going, is this just to hide the draw distances?

shikamaru317 said:

Those higher quality animations Gamefreak said we'd be getting thanks to the Dex cut:

I don't care about what camp you are in; this shit should be unexceptable for everybody. I have not seen a turn around animation like that since Star Ocean 3. C class developers like Compile Heart, who make their games on 10% of the budget on Pokemon, have moved on from 6th gen animations like that!

What if Breath of the Wild looked liked that fuckin gif

The next Final Fantasy looked like that gif

It would be a global mauling 

Why the does this game have pop in? supposedly its very empty?

Reviewers have failed the buyers, but gamers wont, and I pray GameFreak is watching.

I don't mind them cutting it to 400 Poke'mon. What I do mind is that they threw out so many awesomely designed Poke'mon and kept so many redundant, and shitty designs. Why throw out Zubat, and keep the shitty knockoff one from later gens? Why keep the literal Sun and Moon Poke'mon, but throw out Dragonite? Why is such a boring, bland design as Wailord in, but Scizor is not?

It's as if Gamefreak has no clue what Poke'mon designs were popular, and which ones were useless filler.

Sup'

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but presumably a couple of days ago data miners found that theres data of 435 pkmn as opposed to the 400 previously reported which includes  missing legendaries and starters.

https://www.dexerto.com/amp/pokemon/more-than-400-pokemon-sword-shield-datamine-1236923

The 35 are 

[001] - Bulbasaur
[002] - Ivysaur
[003] - Venusaur
[007] - Squirtle
[008] - Wartortle
[009] - Blastoise
[150] - Mewtwo
[151] - Mew
[251] - Celebi
[385] - Jirachi
[638] - Cobalion
[639] - Terrakion
[640] - Virizion
[643] - Reshiram
[644] - Zekrom
[646] - Kyurem
[647] - Keldeo
[722] - Rowlet
[723] - Dartrix
[724] - Decidueye
[725] - Litten
[726] - Torracat
[727] - Incineroar
[728] - Popplio
[729] - Brionne
[730] - Primarina
[789] - Cosmog
[790] - Cosmoem
[791] - Solgaleo
[792] - Lunala
[800] - Necrozma
[802] - Marshadow
[807] - Zeraora
[808] - Meltan
[809] - Melmetal

Dont know if this is true but ummm... Cool.

Jpcc86 said:

Sup'

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but presumably a couple of days ago data miners found that theres data of 435 pkmn as opposed to the 400 previously reported which includes  missing legendaries and starters.

https://www.dexerto.com/amp/pokemon/more-than-400-pokemon-sword-shield-datamine-1236923

The 35 are 

[001] - Bulbasaur
[002] - Ivysaur
[003] - Venusaur
[007] - Squirtle
[008] - Wartortle
[009] - Blastoise
[150] - Mewtwo
[151] - Mew
[251] - Celebi
[385] - Jirachi
[638] - Cobalion
[639] - Terrakion
[640] - Virizion
[643] - Reshiram
[644] - Zekrom
[646] - Kyurem
[647] - Keldeo
[722] - Rowlet
[723] - Dartrix
[724] - Decidueye
[725] - Litten
[726] - Torracat
[727] - Incineroar
[728] - Popplio
[729] - Brionne
[730] - Primarina
[789] - Cosmog
[790] - Cosmoem
[791] - Solgaleo
[792] - Lunala
[800] - Necrozma
[802] - Marshadow
[807] - Zeraora
[808] - Meltan
[809] - Melmetal

Dont know if this is true but ummm... Cool.

A lot of those legendaries can fuck off. They are broken in multiplayer, and banned by Smogon. But nothing is going to stop hordes of Timmies from using a bunch of busted legendaries on a team in the main game. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:

A lot of those legendaries can fuck off. They are broken in multiplayer, and banned by Smogon. But nothing is going to stop hordes of Timmies from using a bunch of busted legendaries on a team in the main game. 

Those hordes of Timmies should be free to do so if they want. Banlist as well as nerfs exist to reign in broken mons without removing them from all aspects of the game.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Those hordes of Timmies should be free to do so if they want. Banlist as well as nerfs exist to reign in broken mons without removing them from all aspects of the game.

No they shouldn't. Allowing Legendaries in Poke'mon matches is like allowing Akuma in SSF2 Turbo. It completely breaks the game. Imagine if you went to play Smash Ultimate online and everybody was using Master Hand. If they put those Legendaries into the game competitive players will have to sit around and wait for somebody that has enough honor to play by the Smogon ruleset. Granted, not all Legendaries are broken, but a lot of the Legendaries from the above list are Uber teir. A.K.A. they will wreck entire teams without taking much damage themselves. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

No they shouldn't. Allowing Legendaries in Poke'mon matches is like allowing Akuma in SSF2 Turbo. It completely breaks the game. Imagine if you went to play Smash Ultimate online and everybody was using Master Hand. If they put those Legendaries into the game competitive players will have to sit around and wait for somebody that has enough honor to play by the Smogon ruleset. Granted, not all Legendaries are broken, but a lot of the Legendaries from the above list are Uber teir. A.K.A. they will wreck entire teams without taking much damage themselves. 

You said main game so I thought you meant through the story which effects no one else. By banlist I mean actually enforced by the game under ranked play as they've done before.

Ya'll probably dont care much for Stats but ... if you do, check out the stats for the starters's final evos:

Spoiler!

- RillaBoom - Base Stats: 100.125.90.60.70.85 (BST: 530)

- Cinderace - Base Stats: 80.116.75.65.75.119 (BST: 530)

- Inteleon - Base Stats: 70.85.65.125.65.120 (BST: 530)

Mod (Spoiler) Edit ~ CGI

Taken from Smogon, presumably from a datamine (so I cant confirm nor deny it)

But if they are accurate, well im really loving that distrubution. Shame these are all single-type mons tho. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 14 November 2019

shikamaru317 said:
Jpcc86 said:

Ya'll probably dont care much for Stats but ... if you do, check out the stats for the starters's final evos:

Spoiler!

- RillaBoom - Base Stats: 100.125.90.60.70.85 (BST: 530)

- Cinderace - Base Stats: 80.116.75.65.75.119 (BST: 530)

- Inteleon - Base Stats: 70.85.65.125.65.120 (BST: 530)

Taken from Smogon, presumably from a datamine (so I cant confirm nor deny it)

But if they are accurate, well im really loving that distrubution. Shame these are all single-type mons tho. 

I'm very pleased with the stats personally. But I agree that they should have all been dual type. 

There's also a leak with the base stats for all of the new Pokemon by the way. There seem to be alot of new Pokemon with good stats. 

Spoiler!

Yeah, I've been checking them out and they are pretty solid. It was one thing I didnt like in sun/moon, most new mons had abysmal speed, but this gen they really balanced them well. 

But Copperajah with only 30 base speed? :C

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 14 November 2019