By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The cuts for the Sw/Sh dex were worse than even the most pessimistic predictions

Tagged games:

So the game has 400 Pokemon? Seems like a lot to me. Granted I'm new to the series. I can't imagine collecting all 400.

Around the Network

So the game has 400 Pokemon? Seems like a lot to me. Granted I'm new to the series. I can't imagine collecting all 400.

Jpcc86 said:
Guess I'll get the game later on, when they add the rest.
400 is a joke.

400 for a region is not bad; I was expecting less. Actually, 400 + the new ones. Do we have a count of all the new pokemon?

How dated this game looks in every way shape and form is my thing.

Xxain said:
That chart is not showing new Pokemon is it?

Nope.

But there are:

Spoiler!

- 81 new species
- 13 Galarian Forms

For a total of 94 new Pokemon.

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 04 November 2019

Xxain said:
Jpcc86 said:
400 is a joke.

400 for a region is not bad; I was expecting less. Actually, 400 + the new ones. Do we have a count of all the new pokemon?

For a regional dex, sure. But there's no national dex on this one. The models for the other Pokémon might not even exist in the Switch generation, though we won't be sure until the game is properly datamined.

Seems insane if like 2/3rds of the first gen is left out TBH, specially with the whole Pokémon Go stuff and all.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Jpcc86 said:
400 is a joke.

Its not bad at all really, its plenty for a single player exprience - And I do agree it looks VERY dated, but speaking only from my personal experience with the game, I enjoy the competitive multiplayer the most. Previous games have showed me that I really dont care much about the characters and story (specially in sun/moon) but I still enjoy the competitive game, and having the roster reduced to 400 tells me many stablished "usable" mons will be left out. And yeah, thats a bit of a bummer.

I read some time ago that they might add them with patches and updates, so Im gonna wait to see if theres any update on that. 

haxxiy said:
Xxain said:

For a regional dex, sure. But there's no national dex on this one. The models for the other Pokémon might not even exist in the Switch generation, though we won't be sure until the game is properly datamined.

Seems insane if like 2/3rds of the first gen is left out TBH, specially with the whole Pokémon Go stuff and all.

The models are just the ones from Sun/Moon reused, they haven't been changed. Animations as well, even the ones for the new Pokemon camp feature were in Sun/Moon.

Jpcc86 said:
Xxain said:

Its not bad at all really, its plenty for a single player exprience - And I do agree it looks VERY dated, but speaking only from my personal experience with the game, I enjoy the competitive multiplayer the most. Previous games have showed me that I really dont care much about the characters and story (specially in sun/moon) but I still enjoy the competitive game, and having the roster reduced to 400 tells me many stablished "usable" mons will be left out. And yeah, thats a bit of a bummer.

I read some time ago that they might add them with patches and updates, so Im gonna wait to see if theres any update on that. 

They deconfirmed that a while back, there will be no post-launch updates.

This is not worse.. Most people said about 400.

Gardevoir is in, yes!

Ljink96 said:

Eh, I may be in the minority but I really don't mind. The only PKMN I'm sad about not being there is Absol. The exclusion Of Mewtwo but including Mew is strange though. You'd think if they included pre evolutions that they'd include the entire line of evos. RIP like every legendary and starter, lol.

I get it, not having well over half of the roster is a bummer but I'm at the point where I value new experiences over just more Pokemon or including all the Pokemon. Granted I'm not a competitive player whatsoever. Man, Thanos got busy.

I’m in an even smaller minority who thinks 400 is likely still too many from a gameplay perspective. I can understand people who like to collect hundreds of random things, to me that’s not exciting or interesting. Smaller numbers of new Pokémon which fill in a new play-style or strategy niche seem more interesting to me. Also, after playing a but of pokémon Go, what really caused me to lose interest was the overabundance of unrecognizable Pokémon rather than the famous ones.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.