By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Any other options in life?

zorg1000 said:

What does this even mean?

A bunch of bad stuff happened at once.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Cobretti2 said:
There are only 5 options in life

1. Working to support yourself. Whether it is 9-5 job, a brilliant app, or game streaming or whatever else, you still need to work a bit to get that to benefit you.
2, Find a partner willing to support you being a bump at home.
3. Being on welfare (hopefully in a country that provides housing, if not then living on the street).
4. Living in jail / mental institution (same benefits as welfare but no freedom, but no need to worry what you will eat. may get killed or raped in prison though)
5. Death

Any advice on getting into jail?

commit some white color crime I guess that gets u in a minimum security jail for a long time 

Dude that just sounds like depression. 1st things 1st start doing some physical exercise, set small goals like run a mile then next time try beat your time, you will feel much better and feel a sense of accomplishment.

A lot of people don`t have the desire, but they need to pay for the bills and feed themselves. Welcome to adulthood.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Lonely_Dolphin said:

I've no interest or desire to work any sort of job or career. I'm well aware of the consequences of not doing so, homelessness, forever alone, and suicide are my future prospects once my parents either kick me out or die, but I still have 0 motivation. Is there no other path that could lead to a satisfying life? I can't think of any but figured I may as well ask in the vain hope that there is something I'm not seeing.

I don't talk much around here anymore but your post is luring me out of the shadows, at least temporarily.

I've had this convo with someone here a while ago, could even be you for all I remember.

And here is the deal: I totally get what you're saying and where you're coming from, in that regard we are both similar. I am even lazier than you, I never wanted to work or do anything, I don't believe in social life, humans, religion, politics and everything in between but I probably had an advantage over you, I was willing to do what it took to get me where I really want to be. Short of winning a lottery or having super rich parents that are willing to just give you money, there is NO solution in which you get a "life" without a job and I'm telling you as the person here that is the CLOSEST to having a "life" without a job.

To be clear, by "life" I mean having enough money to have your own home, get all the food you need, buy the stuff you like (like video games, a computer, a TV, that sort of stuff) and last but not least, be 100% debt-free. Of course this definition of life does not suit most people, to them having a life is being married, having kids, a job that pays well, a nice suit, friends, being part of something where people listen to you, love you and respect you and often be in debt up to their necks, especially in America where being in debt is the norm.

So as one that is as lazy as it is humanly possible to be, I can tell you that you must start life by getting a job, at least for a few years until you have saved enough money to become independent from the system and this should be your motivation, you don't go to work everyday to make a difference or to make your parents proud or to feel that you are contributing to society, nope, you get a job and work every day so that you can save money that will get you where you want to be. The biggest mistake most people do (especially young people in their 20's that as soon as they make some money, feel the need to go spend it in stupid things like going to night clubs where drinks cost 10 times what it should, going to parties, taking drugs that fuck up BOTH their health and wallet etc.)

That's what I did, I worked for a few years and now I retired, not only debt-free but with savings and passive income so I literally have to do NOTHING that is even remotely related to a job or obligation. I am by most definitions as free as a human can be. Most people HAVE to go to work, HAVE to feed their kids, HAVE to drive their family here and there, HAVE to show up to social meetings of all kinds etc... they HAVE to do stuff, I don't have to do anything. It's what I wanted from the first day I had a job and it's what I have today and to be very clear I'm not rich, far from there but why would I want to be? I'd have to work myself to the grave for the rest of my life to one day when I'm 65 say: I'm rich... But why? I don't plan to buy buildings or a toilet made of gold or diamonds etc. I don't need to be rich, I need TO BE FREE!

My point is, most people are slaves to their jobs, family, social obligations etc and they are still broke, in debt, barely making it till the next pay check at the end of the month and you don't want to be like them so get a job and save like your life depends on it, save everything you can, don't waste money in parties, in travels, in expensive food and clothes, get rid of all that is superfluous and save your money, do that for a few years and one day you'll realize you have enough as long as you don't spend much. If on top of that you can secure passive income then you are good to go, no more working, no more obligations.

The bad news is that you live in a country with little to no social benefits. So my understanding of the USA is that if you don't have a job, you can die in a ditch, the gov won't give a damn about you. At least over here in Europe we have social rights. The other bad news for you is that when I purchased my home over 20 years ago, places were much cheaper than they are now, I'm not sure I could buy a home if I were 20 years old now, given the prices of homes nowadays, maybe some ugly and dilapidated ruin in a bad part of town, but not the nice place in a good part of town that I purchased 20 years ago. So given the prices of today's market, you'll have to probably work more years than I did in order to get yourself a nice home. But the end game is the same, be independent from the system, owe nothing to no one and being as lazy as you want, sleeping in till noon every day like it's Sunday, cause that's what you want, right?

And you're NOT getting any of it if you don't find a job, I'm sorry but that's the cold truth. Good luck dude!

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 06 November 2019

Around the Network

Works sucks, make as much money as possible so you can retire early. That is my personal opinion. I'm hoping to retire in the 50 to 55 range.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

Good luck dude!

If I may ask, where does your passive income come from?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Start small doing something that involves working with your hands and producing something. One of the most satisfying feelings imo is putting effort into something and having the opportunity to admire the result. Hell, even something like basic yard work will do for a start. Then as you start seeing the fruits of your labor more and more, you’ll begin to develop more pride in yourself and desire more and more, knowing that you can do more. Sounds silly, but buy a Lego kit. You’d be surprised how satisfying those can be lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Lonely_Dolphin said:

One cannot be stubborn without someone else also being stubborn.

I thought it'd be obvious but I don't have a good relationship with my parents. I have to try to keep myself from thinking that it's my responsibility to punish them for treating their children like trash, for allowing the family to get to this point. So yeah I don't care what they think, infact it'd be great if my death wounded them, but they wouldn't care, only pretend to, gotta keep up appearances. Hate me for it but I don't think suicide is inherently wrong, it depends on the circumstances.

lol I'm not gonna forgo truth and reality for fake positivity. It's not like I go around talking about myself everywhere for no reason. When I do talk about myself, I'm not gonna hide the fact that I'm miserable because it's not positive and some people wont like it, that's just silly.

I don't know what the first sentence is trying to say.  You are miserable, creating a thread because you want everyone to know this about you. Yet I believe that there are many more people worse off than you (yet with better attitudes about life), and you embellish in this thread because you desire for people to feel bad for you, as it enables you to continue being lazy and feeling sorry for yourself.

Reading some of your recent posts I can see that you do manage to get new games to play on release, and those aren't cheap. It can't be that bad.

Yet you made this thread so it's clear that you do go around talking about yourself.

How does a jobless person afford new games and consoles?  Heck my kids are 8 (twins) and they don't get new games unless they do chores around the house and earn money.