By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Any other options in life?

I've no interest or desire to work any sort of job or career. I'm well aware of the consequences of not doing so, homelessness, forever alone, and suicide are my future prospects once my parents either kick me out or die, but I still have 0 motivation. Is there no other path that could lead to a satisfying life? I can't think of any but figured I may as well ask in the vain hope that there is something I'm not seeing.

Around the Network

Make an app, rake in the cash while doing nothing.

This reminds me, anyone knows how is Dark Lord doing?

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

S.Peelman said:

Ha, even if it was that simple, I lack the know how to make an app or do anything really. I can only criticize others while not actually creating or making anything of my own.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
S.Peelman said:

Ha, even if it was that simple, I lack the know how to make an app or do anything really. I can only criticize others while not actually creating or making anything of my own.

Yeah me too.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
S.Peelman said:

Those would be good reasons for starting a youtube or twitch channel .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

BraLoD said:
You like video games, try to make some youtube videos or stream yourself playing.
You might get lucky and make money doing something you like.
Nowdays you can film yourself doing basically anything (even just talking) and get some money with it.

You should pursue something, tho.
Even if you end up making money in some easy way, you have to find some purpose so you won't feel empty.

There are a damn lot of jobs out there, actually, you don't need to be a business man or something, you can work with animals you like, you can work repairing stuff you know how to handle well, you can work taking photographs, you can work showing people places, you can just do about as anything as you can think.

You don't need to be that very successful man people look up to, just do something you like to do and see if there are opportunities to make some money with it.

We need money in our society, but you don't need to let the money be your priority.

I have imagined myself streaming but I lack the set-up and environment for it. Besides unless you're uber good at video games or a woman willing to exploit herself I don't see how I could build enough of an audience from 0 to live off of.

Well that's part of the problem, there's nothing I want to pursue, no jobs I want to do. Another issue is actually getting a job and maintaining it. Back when I was still trying somewhat, I sent out dozens of resumes but was only hired for 2 jobs that I only got because of recommendations and was fired due to social issues.

Ha, tell that to the many women out there looking to date up, not that I'd be interested in those types. Like you said, money is necessary so it kinda has to be priority.

Ka-pi96 said:

If you live in the UK you can just have a baby, then the government will give you a place to live and money.

I live in the U.S. and even if that was a thing here, hell no! What a terribly selfish reason to have child that would be. D:

I feel like (or at least in the past) I'm in the same boat at times my dude, you are not alone. The best thing I can say is to just hang in there, as you just never know what can transpire in life, and hanging around to find out what sorts of adventures and unanticipated opportunities await is a lot more fun and exciting than just quitting and knowing for sure where and how it ends. Even if things don't quite go as planned, you don't know until you try.

Find something, anything, that makes you happy and motivated, and strive for that. Work on both physical and mental fitness, eat healthy, these sorts of things can make for a happier, stronger, and more healthy mind. You don't have to see the whole picture right now, and frankly you shouldn't b/c that would be overwhelming. Just go one step at a time and one thing will lead to another. If nothing else, keep fighting for your loved ones, and maybe down the line you'll find it rewarding to fight for yourself too.

I assume you're a gamer being on this site, so I'd recommend checking out this vid as it looks at facing the hardships of life from a gamer's perspective. I quite like the quote "maybe god/fate/whatever put your life on hard mode, (or at least it feels that way sometimes). Well beat the game anyway." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKI_oYMUNK4

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

I feel like (or at least in the past) I'm in the same boat at times my dude, you are not alone. The best thing I can say is to just hang in there, as you just never know what can transpire in life, and hanging around to find out what sorts of adventures and unanticipated opportunities await is a lot more fun and exciting than just quitting and knowing for sure where and how it ends. Even if things don't quite go as planned, you don't know until you try.

Find something, anything, that makes you happy and motivated, and strive for that. Work on both physical and mental fitness, eat healthy, these sorts of things can make for a happier, stronger, and more healthy mind. You don't have to see the whole picture right now, and frankly you shouldn't b/c that would be overwhelming. Just go one step at a time and one thing will lead to another. If nothing else, keep fighting for your loved ones, and maybe down the line you'll find it rewarding to fight for yourself too.

I assume you're a gamer being on this site, so I'd recommend checking out this vid as it looks at facing the hardships of life from a gamer's perspective. I quite like the quote "maybe god/fate/whatever put your life on hard mode, (or at least it feels that way sometimes). Well beat the game anyway." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKI_oYMUNK4

I'm not alone in being alone? lol, I get the sentiment but I've never understood how knowing there are others suffering is supposed to make one feel better. Still I'm interested in hearing your story if you don't mind, why you feel similarly. I might be a lost cause but perhaps there's still hope for you.

You're correct, it's technically always possible my prince charming so to speak will show up and solve all my problems. Unfortunately I don't see how that'll realistically happen. Perhaps my parents wake up one day and decide to be parents (lol no). Otherwise I don't get out at all, just sit in my room all day so there's no opportunity for anything to change. I still have the internet and video games to help cope, but once I lose those and am put into far worse living conditions I wonder if I'll still want to endure.

Ha, if I had the motivation to do all that stuff I wouldn't be making this thread. I imagine my lack of loved ones is a notable factor towards my disinterest in everything. I'll watch the video though thanks.

terrible advices, this dude doesn't want to work, why you give him advices involving work? the best option is to move to a country in which you can live on welfare.