By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario Kart WII ships another 40k this past quarter

11 and a half years later and it's doing around 12k per month.... if you hold up a box of Mario Kart Wii to your ear you can hear the sound of the Sea... also the sound of tears from games which released over the last Decade that are being outsold by it still.

For those who seen this and thought "waggle casual game won't sell as well as the GC game" keep in mind that the majority of these games probably sold for around the €50 mark, that's 37million units @ 50 which means over the last decade Mario Kart has waggled just under $2b out of happy customers with its SD graphics and casual waggle fest controls. I'm sure Nintendo really hates that giant pile of cash because it wasn't hardcore cash.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

That's amazing, me and my mom love this game.

My mom only play as Toad using the standard bike.

Crazy, but time is running out. I don't see any shipments past 2020.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Crazy, but time is running out. I don't see any shipments past 2020.

Is there a schedule you're looking at?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Any update for Mario Kart 8? Not Deluxe, the original that released on Wii 2, you know, Nintendo's iPad that you can't take out of the room because it has ass signal.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Any update for Mario Kart 8? Not Deluxe, the original that released on Wii 2, you know, Nintendo's iPad that you can't take out of the room because it has ass signal.

It's stalled at 8.44 million. It shipped about 20k from October 2018 to March 2019, but it didn't ship enough for the total to change from April to September.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/wiiu.html

EDIT: Okay, VGChartz does not like WayBackMachine.

Last edited by StarDoor - on 02 November 2019

RingoGaSuki said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Considering Just Dance still makes strong numbers on the Wii even now, I'm not surprised. Still, what store still has Mario Kart Wii copies?

The Target near my house in country South Australia still had Mario Kart Wii and Brawl on the shelf right next to Switch games when I last visited home a few months ago (for $69.95 too).

As a fellow South Australian I can confirm this 😅