By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Dragon Quest 11 on Switch, " a remarkably impressive port"

think-man said:
Chrkeller said:
Wait, the ps4 version was 900p? If that is true that just hammers home my thought that resolution is grossly overrated in gaming. I thought the game was absolutely stunning on the ps4.

I played on the pro, curious what resolution that is now. 

Checkerboard 3072x1728.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
540p on portable.

I do have to say I found it a bit rough undocked. I can see why.

It looks excellent overall, it's just my undocked threshold is pretty high.

Nah, it looks nice on portable mode. Perhaps one of the best looking games on the system now that sub-720p games are becoming prominent on it.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Added to OP, which i initially forgot to mention: load times are also very quick.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 24 October 2019

curl-6 said:
think-man said:

I played on the pro, curious what resolution that is now. 

Checkerboard 3072x1728.

Cheers, never hits 4k then. 

I would expect a very good port, the game doesn't seem to be to heavy on the processing power of the console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
I would expect a very good port, the game doesn't seem to be to heavy on the processing power of the console.

Yet the PS4 can't run it at 1080p. 

Good to know. Will get it on my Switch sometime. :D

DonFerrari said:

Soundwave beat me to it as I was away for a couple of days, but it's demanding enough that the PS4 version runs at 900p and 30fps.

It's an Unreal Engine 4 title, games made on that tend to be rather taxing.

They rebuilt the game to work on Switch. Too bad most 3rd party titles don't get as much effort. I'm glad I waited for the Switch version. The additional content combined with the quality of the port made it well worth the wait.

The resolution on Switch is higher than I expected given it's a UE4 game that's sub-1080p on PS4.

I was thinking docked mode would max out at 720p for instance.