By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Last of Us after 5 minutes

Chrkeller said:
Nailed it, I felt the exact same way.

I mean, it got such great reviews, and I almost never hear complaints about it's combat....I'm just happy to find someone who shares my opinion TBH.

My question is, with the template they had with the previous games, how did ND mess up so bad? I found the battles in UC2 to be....sublime. Expectation shattering at it's best, and above average at it's worst. A high water mark in third person, cover based shooter gameplay. Yet UC4 is as beloved by critics as UC2. Mental. I'd give UC4 a 7/10, just because everything else was top shelf.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Why is everyone going ballsdeep on the premise if it isnt my cup of beer, im trashing the game and think is bad

Yeez

Because you're not judging the game, you're judging the first five minutes which are not at all representative of the whole game or even its first 15 minutes. I get it, you want a good first impression to be able to get into a game, but it really takes the game about 15 minutes to give a first impression (which isn't representative of the rest of the game, mind you). You're showing some extreme impatience.

If you give the game 15 minutes (about the time it takes to complete the prologue), at least you're judging the first impression. Now you're not doing even that. Some people will still complain that you're not giving the game a real chance, and that's a fair point, but then you'd have at least something going on for you.

COKTOE said:
Chrkeller said:
Nailed it, I felt the exact same way.

I mean, it got such great reviews, and I almost never hear complaints about it's combat....I'm just happy to find someone who shares my opinion TBH.

My question is, with the template they had with the previous games, how did ND mess up so bad? I found the battles in UC2 to be....sublime. Expectation shattering at it's best, and above average at it's worst. A high water mark in third person, cover based shooter gameplay. Yet UC4 is as beloved by critics as UC2. Mental. I'd give UC4 a 7/10, just because everything else was top shelf.

Yep, it is rare to find somebody who didn't love it.  I also didn't care much for the story.  I felt like the Drake/Elena was largely repeated from the third.  Drake's brother was my cup of tea either.   

OP will like this game though:

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

5 minutes is ridiculous, play the game for an hour or 2 then make a thread, this is just click baity.

Around the Network

Yeah I walk out of the cinema during the intro title sequence as well.

SvennoJ said:
Yeah I walk out of the cinema during the intro title sequence as well.

Good for you, personally i dont buy tickets for movies that dont interest me myself

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I beat Detroit. It was boring. The Last of Us is one of my favorite games of all time.

4 ≈ One

While the OP is entitled to his/her opinion, this thread honestly comes off as poor quality bait.

It's something you'd post as a Facebook/Twitter status, not as the starting point of a worthwhile discussion on a forum.

TLoU is... great graphics for the time, a middling experience as a stealth action game, but most importantly raise the bar in video game story telling.

I don't think TLoU is worthy of all the hype it has received, its far above average... its just a game I'm reluctant to recommend because its not that fun.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)