By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Last of Us after 5 minutes

People like different things, but OP really jumped the gun with this one. Thinking Detroit while playing TLOU is a total misconception, those two are nothing alike.
I'm sensing some hype resistance here, you don't *want* to like it or even give it a chance, because it's been hyped up to the heavens.

Around the Network

*sees 11 page thread about TLOU*

*sits back and grabs popcorn*

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I think both games you dropped was a mistake. Detroit is genuinely interesting once the ball gets rolling. It has some slow points but overall it was pretty engaging and the way they realized branching story-gameplay was cool
TLOU is completely different, and this thread makes it sound like you are just baiting a flamewar of sorts. Prove me wrong.

Weakling.

Hunting Season is done...

BraLoD said:
Ultrashroomz said:
*sees 11 page thread about TLOU*

*sits back and grabs popcorn*

You just made it 12.

Yea, but I only had to read 11 pages worth of posts up till mine (besides these ones as well), and I'm not reading this thread anymore, so...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Areaz32 said:
I think both games you dropped was a mistake. Detroit is genuinely interesting once the ball gets rolling. It has some slow points but overall it was pretty engaging and the way they realized branching story-gameplay was cool
TLOU is completely different, and this thread makes it sound like you are just baiting a flamewar of sorts. Prove me wrong.

If i wanted a flamewar i would have called it bad, no quality, boring. But i didnt i refrained from saying anything negative aside from it being not my thing.

Its just that most replies jumped on a bandwagon omg OP called it a shitgame, which is a shame.

Hell saying its like RE4 with better controls and better story actually is a constructive way to make me possibly pick it up after the 9th playthrough of darksiders 3

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

No surprise, that's the "gamer" who said they play games

For reals, five minutes into the game? The first ten minutes is story. The next thirty minutes is tutorial (good tutorial), and after that the game begins. Do you come to a decision when watching a movie for just five minutes as well?

RaptorChrist said:

For reals, five minutes into the game? The first ten minutes is story. The next thirty minutes is tutorial (good tutorial), and after that the game begins. Do you come to a decision when watching a movie for just five minutes as well?

20 seconds to a minute

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Areaz32 said:

If i wanted a flamewar i would have called it bad, no quality, boring. But i didnt i refrained from saying anything negative aside from it being not my thing.

Its just that most replies jumped on a bandwagon omg OP called it a shitgame, which is a shame.

Hell saying its like RE4 with better controls and better story actually is a constructive way to make me possibly pick it up after the 9th playthrough of darksiders 3

It's a lazy OP, the replies fit well with it. 

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 21 October 2019