By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Last of Us after 5 minutes

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

Obviously otherwise i couldnt play tlou

Doesn't make much sense to claim you don't buy tickets for movies that don't interest yourself, but then buying TLOU and Detroit.

And sure, we would love a printscreen with your gamertag and time play of both games.

Those are free with psn+ bro

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

But you buy consoles and games?

Do you not want people to like you?

Maybe the issue is that you are getting satisfaction from seeing people's negative reactions to you quitting a critically acclaimed game after just five minutes... and then posting about it as if to brag. It was obvious you knew what you were getting into when you posted this thread, but then thirteen pages in you are still defending yourself.

The fact of the matter is that this is a troll thread. There's no reason for you to disclose details such as those that you did without having the intention of getting a negative response. You could have left the "5 minutes" part out is what I'm saying, but you found it pertinent information because you wanted this reaction. I don't think you ever had the serious intention of playing the game (if you even did).

Rather, you, as a human being, get enjoyment out of outcasting yourself. As I wrote the previous sentence, I had to sit for a few minutes (five, actually), and try and come to terms with that fact. It is difficult for me to grasp why this behavior might occur, but I suspect that there is some sort of complex in your mind that enjoys being treated poorly, and maybe it traces back to something that happened when you were a child. I know someone who likes to cry; as in, they purposely try and feel bad for themselves to make themself cry. Maybe you can relate. I wish you the best.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

Doesn't make much sense to claim you don't buy tickets for movies that don't interest yourself, but then buying TLOU and Detroit.

And sure, we would love a printscreen with your gamertag and time play of both games.

Sure thing. And you want us to believe a heavy user of VGC didn't know what the games were about before starting? And still sustain that Detroit and TLOU have same gameplay?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I agree with this. To me, there are so many good games out there, why waste time with something you aren’t clicking with. Do you like pushing wooden pallets and laughably bad stealth gameplay? No? Then you aren’t missing much imho.

I quit Gears 3 after a similar time. Part of the first stage was enough for me to see it was the same tired formula so many games were taking last gen and I noped right out and went back to Guardians of Middle Earth or something else I was enjoying back then.

I really doubt you dropped of Gears 3 5min after pressing start.

That’s cool, wouldn’t be the first (or last) time you were wrong.

RaptorChrist said:
kirby007 said:

Do you not want people to like you?

Maybe the issue is that you are getting satisfaction from seeing people's negative reactions to you quitting a critically acclaimed game after just five minutes... and then posting about it as if to brag. It was obvious you knew what you were getting into when you posted this thread, but then thirteen pages in you are still defending yourself.

The fact of the matter is that this is a troll thread. There's no reason for you to disclose details such as those that you did without having the intention of getting a negative response. You could have left the "5 minutes" part out is what I'm saying, but you found it pertinent information because you wanted this reaction. I don't think you ever had the serious intention of playing the game (if you even did).

Rather, you, as a human being, get enjoyment out of outcasting yourself. As I wrote the previous sentence, I had to sit for a few minutes (five, actually), and try and come to terms with that fact. It is difficult for me to grasp why this behavior might occur, but I suspect that there is some sort of complex in your mind that enjoys being treated poorly, and maybe it traces back to something that happened when you were a child. I know someone who likes to cry; as in, they purposely try and feel bad for themselves to make themself cry. Maybe you can relate. I wish you the best.

I would say many here are not even complaining about he not liking the game after 5 min (sometimes you can really hate something very fast, not that it would make sense), the biggest problem is he saying Detroit become human and TLOU are similar games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

You implied you purchased the game when you said "you cut your losses" in the OP.

RaptorChrist said:
kirby007 said:

You implied you purchased the game when you said "you cut your losses" in the OP.

There isnt just monetary loss, in this case im talking about loss of time or opportunity costs

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

To be fair TLoU is clunky gameplay wise.

You're a big dummy, kirby.

kirby007 said:

I quit tlou because it gave me the same vibe as detroit become human which i dropped after about an hour for being a sims 4 clone with mature content. A story driven game thats lacks my kind of fun.

So i cut my losses and rather went on my 6th run in darksiders 3.

As someone mentioned i might pick it up after my 9th run in darksiders, and see if its like RE4

The story is good but the gameplay is very generic (Stealth, throw bottles to make noice, crafting etc.)

It plays nothing like Detroit btw.