By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Last of Us after 5 minutes

That sentiment (while unpopular) is shared by Rich and Jack of Previously Recorded (which is was a gaming spin off show of Red Letter Media). Their take of Naughty Dog games since Uncharted 1 is that more than half of the time you're not playing anything, but watching cutscenes... which is boring in their opinion. And furthermore, even when you are playing the game, they feel that they are scripted events with next to no stakes or real challenge.

I've personally never played those games, however I have played the Tomb Raider reboot, which was modeled after that style... and something felt... off, about the whole experience. I had similar feelings about Castlevania Lord's of Shadow, maybe there's no connection. Anyway, I don't think that you're wrong, and you've got every right to feel that way.

Around the Network
The Last Belmont said:

That sentiment (while unpopular) is shared by Rich and Jack of Previously Recorded (which is was a gaming spin off show of Red Letter Media). Their take of Naughty Dog games since Uncharted 1 is that more than half of the time you're not playing anything, but watching cutscenes... which is boring in their opinion. And furthermore, even when you are playing the game, they feel that they are scripted events with next to no stakes or real challenge.

I've personally never played those games, however I have played the Tomb Raider reboot, which was modeled after that style... and something felt... off, about the whole experience. I had similar feelings about Castlevania Lord's of Shadow, maybe there's no connection. Anyway, I don't think that you're wrong, and you've got every right to feel that way.

Ah yes, who can forget the legendary gaming opinion of Rich and Jack, which is only bolstered by your own complete and total lack of personal experience.

"Their take of Naughty Dog games since Uncharted 1 is that more than half of the time you're not playing anything, but watching cutscenes"

Unbelievable. Maybe, MAYBE, if you set the difficulty to easy, and tried your hardest to make such a scenario a reality, ignoring every game play element possible, maybe, that is something that could be realized. It would be a high water mark for Rich Evens, eclipsing the time he laughed uncontrollably for 45 minutes watching movie trailers, while simultaneously eating year-old popcorn from the folds of his furniture.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 21 October 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So we all agree, ND is no good.

Ya know, this reminds me of how I got my copy of Bloodborne...

One of my best friends loved the setting and idea if Bloodborne...he buys the game...then calls me up before I get off work and says, "You can have this piece of trash, or I am trading it in."

I asked, "What don't you like about it? Maybe if we play together?"

He replied, "Nope, made it to the character creation screen and got major Skyrim vibes. Fuck this game."

And that is how I got my free copy of Bloodborne...True story!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Everyone hás the right to have their opinions. I played the first Destiny demo and i hated it, 3 years latter a friend challenged me to try again and play with him. Now its One of my favourite game of this generation. Opinions can change.