By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I quit The Last of Us after 5 minutes

kirby007 said:
RaptorChrist said:

You implied you purchased the game when you said "you cut your losses" in the OP.

There isnt just monetary loss, in this case im talking about loss of time or opportunity costs

That's not how communication works. The things you say have implications. You got caught in a lie and because of your stubbornness or unwillingness to behave like a functioning member of VGC, you have to come up with excuses. The phrase "cutting one's losses" is generally about money, and in the argument of time, five minutes is such a small "investment" that any pragmatic individual (like the Don) would infer you purchased the game, and "cutting your losses" was that expense.

Also, in the edit you made in the OP you seemed to mistakenly reveal that you never played the game to begin with.

But speaking of money, what's the big payoff for you in making this thread? Do you at times feel depressed or bothered and feel that trying to make others feel the same way helps? If something is wrong, there are plenty of people on here that would listen and help you overcome whatever is troubling you. You must have expected the response you've gotten, and are now in a worse place than before. Maybe you'll impulsively create a new thread about something to empower you in the near future... that's my prediction. ;)

Last edited by RaptorChrist - on 21 October 2019

Around the Network

You really look to deep into it. Lmao
Anyway on the concept of loss, if i can see that the atmosphere isnt what i want within the shortest amount of time, i can save potentially dozens of hours, and using those playing games that are my taste. Those hours saved are profit, and spending them on a game i dont feel is an opportunity cost an loss if you will

Not sure why you are analysing me, since you cant even analyse the topic at hand properly

Edit: its the PSN+ game of this month, thus logically that would say something aswell with the timing of the topic

Last edited by kirby007 - on 21 October 2019

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Anyway on the concept of loss, if i can see that the atmosphere isnt what i want within the shortest amount of time, i can save potentially dozens of hours, and using those playing games that are my taste. Those hours saved are profit, and spending them on a game i dont feel is an opportunity cost an loss if you will

Not sure why you are analysing me, since you cant even analyse the topic at hand properly

Really Kirby we need to make sure you do not get bored again that easily,Kirby not bored=no baiting threads.

I got some really good 3ds games that i want to get rid of so i can send them to you in order to save vgchartz! ;)

RaptorChrist said:
kirby007 said:

There isnt just monetary loss, in this case im talking about loss of time or opportunity costs

That's not how communication works. The things you say have implications. You got caught in a lie and because of your stubbornness or unwillingness to behave like a functioning member of VGC, you have to come up with excuses. The phrase "cutting one's losses" is generally about money, and in the argument of time, five minutes is such a small "investment" that any pragmatic individual (like the Don) would infer you purchased the game, and "cutting your losses" was that expense.

Also, in the edit you made in the OP you seemed to mistakenly reveal that you never played the game to begin with.

But speaking of money, what's the big payoff for you in making this thread? Do you at times feel depressed or bothered and feel that trying to make others feel the same way helps? If something is wrong, there are plenty of people on here that would listen and help you overcome whatever is troubling you. You must have expected the response you've gotten, and are now in a worse place than before. Maybe you'll impulsively create a new thread about something to empower you in the near future... that's my prediction. ;)

It is quite odd to not like something so much that you think after 5min you are already expending to much time on it, but take the time to create a thread and comment on it, probably costing him several dozen more time than what he dedicated to the game.

If someone took 5min of reading of a post of his to decide what type of person he is and stuck with that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be pleased.

kirby007 said:

Edit: its the PSN+ game of this month, thus logically that would say something aswell with the timing of the topic

And how making this thread and using several hours of your time reading and replying here helped on your "cutting the loss of time"?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Now that you edited your OP, please explain not only why TLOU is similar to Detroit, but how Detroit is similar to The Sims 4 (of course you can also explain how TLOU is similar to The Sims 4).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

I quit tlou because it gave me the same vibe as detroit become human which i dropped after about an hour for being a sims 4 clone with mature content. A story driven game thats lacks my kind of fun.

You are wrong. TLOU is more like Mario Kart / Candy Crush, which are essentially the same game... in both you move objects.

So you didn't even finish the prologue? You didn't even get to utilize the actual game mechanics yet. Its one thing if its not your type of game, its another thing to form an opinion of a game you barely played, with less than half an hour clocked! I played both, and the Detroit comparison is odd, and makes me think this is a troll post.

Recently, I just finished my third playthrough of TLOU:R, my second playthrough of Left Behind, and the story, scavenging, crafting, upgrading, survival/stealth, are still as satisfying as ever. My only complaints would be the AI (which can be rectified on harder difficulties), puzzles & the wide linear design. Despite some areas opening up in certain sections, most of these parts had very few items to scavenge, which I guess can attributed to the game design in a post apocalyptic setting, but I felt like I was wasting time more often than not. Didn't play the MP at all.

I feel this game has aged well. I plan to go back and do another NG+ to get ready for TLOU PT.II in February!

This is time i gladly waste, altho i allways multitask vgc so its not a real waste.
Doing menial tasks in a household setting, detroit had me hooked with the flashy intro but went downhill after that.

Anyway have a good night all

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
This is time i gladly waste, altho i allways multitask vgc so its not a real waste.
Doing menial tasks in a household setting, detroit had me hooked with the flashy intro but went downhill after that.

Anyway have a good night all

God bless you Kirby, and goodnight.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

DonFerrari said:
RaptorChrist said:

It is quite odd to not like something so much that you think after 5min you are already expending to much time on it, but take the time to create a thread and comment on it, probably costing him several dozen more time than what he dedicated to the game.

If someone took 5min of reading of a post of his to decide what type of person he is and stuck with that I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be pleased.

kirby007 said:

And how making this thread and using several hours of your time reading and replying here helped on your "cutting the loss of time"?

Tim + Apple as Tim/Apple as an easy way to save time & words.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."