By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Finally joined the PC Master Race

"PC gaming is an afterthought and console gaming is where the money always is".

So we've come full circle to where the post originally started from

Wow, what a journey this thread has been.

Moving goal posts, asserting opinions as evidence/fact, trying to assert consoles as the end all to be all of both hw and sales, while refusing to yield to any evidence pointed in their general direction. It's like Kero had a brother or something. 

I'll make an easy prediction; one of us will have to repost a sales data chart, to prove his opinion as wrong, to which the goal posts will be moved to something else different, or something similar, that defeats the sales data charts, thus moving us in yet another circle. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 26 September 2019

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Random_Matt said:

One console peasant challenged the master race

Without kidding, trying to tell somebody that his expectation is impossibly high and that he either doesn't understand or simply doesn't factor the economics of consoles and PCs. 2080Ti being mandatory in 2021 games? Certainly not!

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Random_Matt said:

One console peasant challenged the master race

Without kidding, trying to tell somebody that his expectation is impossibly high and that he either doesn't understand or simply doesn't factor the economics of consoles and PCs. 2080Ti being mandatory in 2021 games? Certainly not!

Damn, better pick up four titans.

goopy20 said:

I wouldn't exactly call that playable. Framerate is all over the place and it will go down to 10 fps on the more crowded scenes on a 6770. We can debate this all day but just answer me one simple question.

It's running Medium settings. On a Radeon 5770/6770. - Turn it down to low and... It would suddenly become playable? Amazing right?

goopy20 said:

Did or didn't pc games became a lot more demanding as soon as developers stopped supporting the ps3/360? That was a rhetorical question and we both know that a 5770 could run AC Black Flag, which was still a cross gen game, in ultra settings at 60fps. Pc gamers were outraged when the pc requirements were announced for AC Unity. Just look in the comments section of this article:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-pc-specs-require-a-lot-of-yo/1100-6423137/

PC games did certainly take a leap once the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 was phased out... And GPU's like the Radeon 5870/6870/Geforce GTX 480 suddenly became the baseline... Why? Mostly because of geometry reasons, in saying that... GPU's like the venerable Radeon 4870 still managed to stick around for a long time.
I.E. A Radeon 4870 from 2008 is able to run games like GTA 5, Overwatch, Fortnite and so on.

goopy20 said:

Or look at what happened when Batman Arkham Knight came out and people could barely run it on a 960 GTX, let alone a 660 or lower:

It gets worse - Batman: Arkham Knight on PC lacks console visual features

Performance is poor and specific graphical effects are missing too.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-batman-arkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

4k/60fps is achievable still.

In short it's a shit port, I could point to dozens and dozens of console ports that come up short against the PC variant, shall I list those?

However, you can run the game on similar hardware to that of a PS4 just fine, especially with later patches and drivers:

goopy20 said:

Look, I'm not ignoring facts, nor am I stating them. But I will give you a prediction and you tell me if it sounds about right.

Nope. You have definitely ignored facts and evidence, even made statements that contradict your prior statements.

goopy20 said:
  • 2020 - the ps5 and 3*** GTX come out.
  • 2021 - developers will move away from ps4/ Xbox 
  • Minimum pc requirements in 2021 for all major multiplatform games will be a 2080RTX. 
  • 3080RTX required to play multiplatform games in native 4k    
  • You can still play some of those games on a 1060GTX as long as you turn graphics and resolution down, effectively making them look like ps4 ports in the process. 
  • 2023 - The 4*** GTX gets released and for a measly $2000, you have full bragging rights that you can play all console games at 120fps, native 4k and full Nvidia Hairworks enabled.
  • 2027 - ps6 comes out and the cycle start again
  • 2028 - Starship Citizen gets an official release and ends up on ps6 as well.

Hahaha. No.

Chazore said:

Jesus, Kerotan stated this about Star Citizen as well as moving posts. Seriously hope he hasn't wormed his way back onto the site, via an ancient old account. 

Actually starting to think he is trolling at this point. :/

goopy20 said:

Look I am only making a prediction here and we have to wait how much is going to play out. However, it is based on scientific factual evidence.

No. It's not based on anything, only your opinion, you haven't provided a single shred of scientific, factual evidence.
If you think you have, you need to research your claims a little more thoroughly as I have thoroughly debunked most of them.

goopy20 said:

First off, it didn't take 4 years before developers ditched ps3/ 360. The ps4 came out in november 2013 and exactly a year later games like AC Unity came out that weren't released on last gen anymore. 

2015 is when the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 were still getting big AAA releases like Call of Duty, Xenoverse and so on.
Whilst the PS3 was getting titles like Persona 5 in 2017.

goopy20 said:

Also, isn't it confirmed that the ps5/ Scarlett will have a Navi GPU that sits somewhere between a 2070 and 2080RTX?  

We have absolutely no idea about the performance of next-gen GPU's, only what the architecture and some of it's features will consist of.
It will be based on Navi's RDNA architecture, but customized to include RDNA2 Ray Tracing cores.

The performance of those GPU's are still an unknown and it would be wise not to assert something as fact until we actually have empirical evidence.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-and-Microsoft-are-bringing-hardware-ray-tracing-to-the-masses-with-the-Xbox-Scarlett.434675.0.html

goopy20 said:

And you're right, maybe Batman was a shoddy port. But isn't it weird how pc gamers were all blaming developers for sucky programming for most games released during that period? 

Most games were fine, you just picked a rare title that performs like ass to reinforce your confirmation bias.

goopy20 said:

Could be a case of mass bad programming, or it could be a case of developers spending years making games that were designed from the ground up to run on ps4 spec hardware and pc gamers were an after thought. I mean, they simply didn't care aif pc gamers couldn't play their game because they didn't have a GPU with 4 gig of vram, a 4 core cpu and at least a 6600GTX. They didn't care because they knew console gaming is where 98% of their sales would be coming from.     

Or not. Nice conspiracy theory though.
I have already proven that the PC is a bigger market than console, stop ignoring evidence.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I fully expect my old Radeon RX 580 to be still gaming in 2021 to be honest... Just like my old Radeon 6950 is capable of gaming in 2019.
I don't expect 4k, 60fps and Ultra settings that beats the pants off consoles though, but you can run those old titles on such hardware if you keep your expectations on visual settings in check.
There are actually groups

If the dozens of games running on old, antiquated hardware isn't enough to change his opinion on that though, then nothing will. Clearly he won't change his mind when new evidence is presented.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I fully expect my old Radeon RX 580 to be still gaming in 2021 to be honest... Just like my old Radeon 6950 is capable of gaming in 2019.
I don't expect 4k, 60fps and Ultra settings that beats the pants off consoles though, but you can run those old titles on such hardware if you keep your expectations on visual settings in check.

If the dozens of games running on old, antiquated hardware isn't enough to change his opinion on that though, then nothing will. Clearly he won't change his mind when new evidence is presented.

Maybe he should check what goes in the Philippines as gaming PCs. That could possibly change his mind:

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/cpu-gigabyte-240ssd-8gb-amd-ryzen-5-2400g-quad-core-36-ghz-cpu-computer-set-i259976230-s358391313.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.37.72687822yvtqAB&search=1

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/xtreme-amd-a10-7700k-with-mechanical-keyboard-gaming-mouse-computer-desktop-package-i279828701-s423946763.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.43.72687822yvtqAB&search=1

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/xtreme-amd-ryzen-3-2200g-with-kingston-ssd-240gb-desktop-package-i263466927-s367217059.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.57.72687822yvtqAB&search=1

Or, for an extreme case: https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/intel-core-i5-650-w-1g-128bit-gpu-gaming-cpu-i353520255-s798324290.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.73.72687822yvtqAB&search=1

And yeah, Filipinos really game on iGPs and APUs (not all of course), especially in internet cafés which seldom have anything else than old A-series AMD APUs.

And for those who want to accuse me of cherry-picking, have a good look. What I did was taking out the worst or incomplete examples from their gaming PC section.

There's talk here above of PC hardware and people gaming on 6770's etc but like.... is there really people who would be using a card like that today?

you could get a card which was 450% the power of a 6770 in the 780TI
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-780-Ti/m7704vs2165

For the massive cost.... of £85
https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sgranvigtx780ti3ga&categoryName=pci-express-graphics-cards&superCatName=computing&title=nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-3-gb

That 780TI coupled with a 50e Ryzen3 1200 would make a PC which would challenge the base current gen consoles a decent run for their money in game, if someone wants to get decent power on a budget it's very possible now in the PCscape.

When I say run for money btw... you can easily enough get Overwatch running over 120FPS on that 780TI@1080p which pisses on the PS4 performance in the same title, PC power is not costly now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
There's talk here above of PC hardware and people gaming on 6770's etc but like.... is there really people who would be using a card like that today?

Yes. In-fact low-end gaming is actually a thing where people will attempt to get modern games running on the oldest hardware possible...
Oldblivion for example made it so that Oblivion (Which required a Radeon 9000/Geforce FX/5 as a minimum) to run on even a Geforce 3 by reverse engineering the pixel shaders.
Shader Shock was another attempt that went down a similar path that enabled Bioshock to run on the Radeon 9000/Geforce FX.

Popular channels have even popped up that adhere to such a demographic.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQkd05iAYed2-LOmhjzDG6g

But it's Steam statistics that really show it... For all the talk of RTX, it's actually integrated Graphics from Intel that hold the lions share of graphics chips in the marketplace today.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/276425-charting-9-years-of-gpu-market-shifts-between-intel-amd-and-nvidia
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Ganoncrotch said:
you could get a card which was 450% the power of a 6770 in the 780TI
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770-vs-Nvidia-GTX-780-Ti/m7704vs2165

For the massive cost.... of £85
https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sgranvigtx780ti3ga&categoryName=pci-express-graphics-cards&superCatName=computing&title=nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti-3-gb

That 780TI coupled with a 50e Ryzen3 1200 would make a PC which would challenge the base current gen consoles a decent run for their money in game, if someone wants to get decent power on a budget it's very possible now in the PCscape.

When I say run for money btw... you can easily enough get Overwatch running over 120FPS on that 780TI@1080p which pisses on the PS4 performance in the same title, PC power is not costly now.

For sure. But for some people, they might already have a Radeon 6770 in their rig from back when Dinosaurs roamed the Earth and thus don't have any incling in upgrading... We are not suggesting that people should rush out and buy a Radeon 6770, far from it... That would be throwing money against the wall.

The point we are trying to convey is that you don't have to upgrade your hardware every 6 months (That some console gamers would like you to believe!) in order to run the latest games, hardware from half a decade or more ago will often be more than adequate for a good experience.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
goopy20 said:

I wouldn't exactly call that playable. Framerate is all over the place and it will go down to 10 fps on the more crowded scenes on a 6770. We can debate this all day but just answer me one simple question.

It's running Medium settings. On a Radeon 5770/6770. - Turn it down to low and... It would suddenly become playable? Amazing right?

goopy20 said:

Did or didn't pc games became a lot more demanding as soon as developers stopped supporting the ps3/360? That was a rhetorical question and we both know that a 5770 could run AC Black Flag, which was still a cross gen game, in ultra settings at 60fps. Pc gamers were outraged when the pc requirements were announced for AC Unity. Just look in the comments section of this article:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-unity-pc-specs-require-a-lot-of-yo/1100-6423137/

PC games did certainly take a leap once the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 was phased out... And GPU's like the Radeon 5870/6870/Geforce GTX 480 suddenly became the baseline... Why? Mostly because of geometry reasons, in saying that... GPU's like the venerable Radeon 4870 still managed to stick around for a long time.
I.E. A Radeon 4870 from 2008 is able to run games like GTA 5, Overwatch, Fortnite and so on.

goopy20 said:

Or look at what happened when Batman Arkham Knight came out and people could barely run it on a 960 GTX, let alone a 660 or lower:

It gets worse - Batman: Arkham Knight on PC lacks console visual features

Performance is poor and specific graphical effects are missing too.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-batman-arkham-knight-pc-lacks-console-visual-features

4k/60fps is achievable still.

In short it's a shit port, I could point to dozens and dozens of console ports that come up short against the PC variant, shall I list those?

However, you can run the game on similar hardware to that of a PS4 just fine, especially with later patches and drivers:

goopy20 said:

Look, I'm not ignoring facts, nor am I stating them. But I will give you a prediction and you tell me if it sounds about right.

Nope. You have definitely ignored facts and evidence, even made statements that contradict your prior statements.

goopy20 said:
  • 2020 - the ps5 and 3*** GTX come out.
  • 2021 - developers will move away from ps4/ Xbox 
  • Minimum pc requirements in 2021 for all major multiplatform games will be a 2080RTX. 
  • 3080RTX required to play multiplatform games in native 4k    
  • You can still play some of those games on a 1060GTX as long as you turn graphics and resolution down, effectively making them look like ps4 ports in the process. 
  • 2023 - The 4*** GTX gets released and for a measly $2000, you have full bragging rights that you can play all console games at 120fps, native 4k and full Nvidia Hairworks enabled.
  • 2027 - ps6 comes out and the cycle start again
  • 2028 - Starship Citizen gets an official release and ends up on ps6 as well.

Hahaha. No.

Chazore said:

Jesus, Kerotan stated this about Star Citizen as well as moving posts. Seriously hope he hasn't wormed his way back onto the site, via an ancient old account. 

Actually starting to think he is trolling at this point. :/

goopy20 said:

Look I am only making a prediction here and we have to wait how much is going to play out. However, it is based on scientific factual evidence.

No. It's not based on anything, only your opinion, you haven't provided a single shred of scientific, factual evidence.
If you think you have, you need to research your claims a little more thoroughly as I have thoroughly debunked most of them.

goopy20 said:

First off, it didn't take 4 years before developers ditched ps3/ 360. The ps4 came out in november 2013 and exactly a year later games like AC Unity came out that weren't released on last gen anymore. 

2015 is when the Xbox 360/Playstation 3 were still getting big AAA releases like Call of Duty, Xenoverse and so on.
Whilst the PS3 was getting titles like Persona 5 in 2017.

goopy20 said:

Also, isn't it confirmed that the ps5/ Scarlett will have a Navi GPU that sits somewhere between a 2070 and 2080RTX?  

We have absolutely no idea about the performance of next-gen GPU's, only what the architecture and some of it's features will consist of.
It will be based on Navi's RDNA architecture, but customized to include RDNA2 Ray Tracing cores.

The performance of those GPU's are still an unknown and it would be wise not to assert something as fact until we actually have empirical evidence.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-and-Microsoft-are-bringing-hardware-ray-tracing-to-the-masses-with-the-Xbox-Scarlett.434675.0.html

goopy20 said:

And you're right, maybe Batman was a shoddy port. But isn't it weird how pc gamers were all blaming developers for sucky programming for most games released during that period? 

Most games were fine, you just picked a rare title that performs like ass to reinforce your confirmation bias.

goopy20 said:

Could be a case of mass bad programming, or it could be a case of developers spending years making games that were designed from the ground up to run on ps4 spec hardware and pc gamers were an after thought. I mean, they simply didn't care aif pc gamers couldn't play their game because they didn't have a GPU with 4 gig of vram, a 4 core cpu and at least a 6600GTX. They didn't care because they knew console gaming is where 98% of their sales would be coming from.     

Or not. Nice conspiracy theory though.
I have already proven that the PC is a bigger market than console, stop ignoring evidence.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

I never said you need a 2080TI to run next gen games. And, of course, I'm only speculating as the specs of the next gen consoles haven't officially been revealed yet. All I'm going on is the rumors that it will be a customized Navi that sits somewhere between a 2070/2080RTX with hardware ray tracing support. So yes, pc gamers with a 2080GTX or 2080Ti will have no problems running anything until the ps6 comes out. 

Well, at least you're willing to admit that pc games did take a leap once the ps3/360 got phased out. The only thing I'm saying is that the same thing is very likely to happen with ps5 games a year after release. Meaning, games released after 2021 from the mayor developers will be using the ps5 hardware as the base platform. If this is a 2080RTX comparable gpu with hardware ray tracing support, a 8 core cpu and a SSD  that has “raw bandwidth higher than any SSD available for PCs, you are going to need similar specs as the minimum requirements.

Will they still run on anything older? Probably, but developers use those minimum requirements to prevent pc gamers from complaining about the game running like ass and blaming them for shoddy porting. If you believe gaming in 2019 on a 6770 is still enjoyable, then good for you. But like Ganoncrotch said, who wants to do that? And yes, there are still plenty of pc games that can run on almost anything and it kinda depends on what type of games you're into. If you just want to play Dota, Minecraft and Fortnite in 2021, you will be fine playing them on whatever. But if you're like me and want to play all of the major next gen titles, a 1060GTX or RX580 will leave you with a lackluster experience compared to the console versions.

a SSD  that has “raw bandwidth higher than any SSD available for PCs

You really believe nonsense like that? If you know anything about tech you know it will be the cheapest M.2 SSD available on the market.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.