By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Control drops to 10fps on base consoles (DF)

A few days late, but yeah, heads up if you're planning to get this for your base PS4/Xbone, performance can be really, really problematic, falling to just 10fps in the heaviest scenes.

Really wish devs wouldn't push their games out the door with such poor framerates, it sets a bad precedent in my opinion.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 September 2019

Around the Network

I've seen this game somewhere before... Where did I see this game before?

Fucking hell... And I had hopes for this game too.

Quantum Break had occasional performance issues but that's something else.

Does this include Xbox an PS Slim versions or just launch consoles?

StriderKiwi said:

The Xbox One is the S version. No clarification on PS4 but as far as I'm ware it didn't get the performance bump in the slim that the Xbone did so it should perform identically.

Even the Pro struggles to maintain 30fps at 1080p, with only Xbone X providing a smooth ride, which of the four has the smallest install base.

Around the Network

"Switch version of Witcher 3 looks terrible with muddy textures"

Plays control at single digit frame rate

That is really in need of some optimization though, there are around what... 80m base PS4's out there, this game should never have passed QA to get released in that state, they should have gone down the dynamic resolution path that a lot of 3rd parties utilize on the Switch, 1080/30 when in quiet scenes and then drop to 900/30 or 720/30 when shit gets busy, 1080/10 should never really happen if any other option is available imo.

Dear lord watching the video the motion blur in those fight scenes on the base ps4 makes that look like the console is not working properly, that's an appalling way to release a game, genuinely makes the console look like it's far worse than it is, compare the way this runs to the likes of Detroit or Uncharted 4 and the extra particles and lighting that has gone into Control to do this damage to performance is absolutely not worth this. Leave these effects til next gen or you have a game engine which can support them without making the game unplayable.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch - on 03 September 2019

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

That is really in need of some optimization though, there are around what... 80m base PS4's out there, this game should never have passed QA to get released in that state, they should have gone down the dynamic resolution path that a lot of 3rd parties utilize on the Switch, 1080/30 when in quiet scenes and then drop to 900/30 or 720/30 when shit gets busy, 1080/10 should never really happen if any other option is available imo.

Yeah I can't see how their QA guys looked at this and said "yeah this is good enough, ship it". Especially when far more people own the base systems than the enhanced ones.

curl-6 said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah I can't see how their QA guys looked at this and said "yeah this is good enough, ship it". Especially when far more people own the base systems than the enhanced ones.

19:10 in that video on the base PS4 version of it :( that has to be patched.

Compare what that looks like to Detroit on the same hardware

That version of Control works so poorly at points there that if you bought a PS4 and that was the first game you got you would seriously question the abilities of the console to deliver that level of graphics, which is a real shame from Remedy.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

curl-6 said:
StriderKiwi said:

The Xbox One is the S version. No clarification on PS4 but as far as I'm ware it didn't get the performance bump in the slim that the Xbone did so it should perform identically.

Even the Pro struggles to maintain 30fps at 1080p, with only Xbone X providing a smooth ride, which of the four has the smallest install base.

That's inexcusable. Makes a good case of legislation that forces devs/publishers to not rush unfinished games out.

StriderKiwi said:
curl-6 said:

That's inexcusable. Makes a good case of legislation that forces devs/publishers to not rush unfinished games out.

Legislation?  On what grounds? Nobody is forcing you to buy the game before you've had a chance to research how it performs.