By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Control drops to 10fps on base consoles (DF)

curl-6 said:

Maybe they shoulda just held onto this one and released it next November as a PS5/Scarlet launch title.

But even if they did they would have likely made it multiplat. Also, given it seems rushed they probably needed money now.

Brute force power of next gen hardware will make it stable. They could also patch it for next gen or rerelease it with 60 fps, higher resolution and maybe ray tracing.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Maybe they shoulda just held onto this one and released it next November as a PS5/Scarlet launch title.

But even if they did they would have likely made it multiplat. Also, given it seems rushed they probably needed money now.

Brute force power of next gen hardware will make it stable. They could also patch it for next gen or rerelease it with 60 fps, higher resolution and maybe ray tracing.

I have a feeling that what they're gonna do, release a "Definititive Edition" for PS5/Scarlet that's basically the game they wanted to make from the beginning and actually runs at an acceptable framerate.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I have a feeling that what they're gonna do, release a "Definititive Edition" for PS5/Scarlet that's basically the game they wanted to make from the beginning and actually runs at an acceptable framerate.

I think they made the GAME they wanted to make, performance issues aside critics seem to like it. Critics may have been using PC and mid gens though.

8th gen ports to Switch are still praised even if they lack performance or visual flourish of other consoles. Because they're still the same games.

If its simply about an acceptable frame rate, then next gen BC should keep it at a stable or locked 30 fps.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I think they made the GAME they wanted to make, performance issues aside critics seem to like it. Critics may have been using PC and mid gens though.

8th gen ports to Switch are still praised even if they lack performance or visual flourish of other consoles. Because they're still the same games.

If its simply about an acceptable frame rate, then next gen BC should keep it at a stable or locked 30 fps.

Didn't mean it'd technically be a different game, just that it'll be able to deliver their vision with a more stable level of performance, much more so in the case of the base systems.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Didn't mean it'd technically be a different game, just that it'll be able to deliver their vision with a more stable level of performance, much more so in the case of the base systems.

I argue with better optimization they may be able to achieve more stable performance.

It really sounds like the game was rushed. Remedy has already said they plan on addressing problems via patches, like performance, but they will take time.

Essentially people are speaking as this is the best we can get with base consoles, I don't think that's the case for this game.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I argue with better optimization they may be able to achieve more stable performance.

It really sounds like the game was rushed. Remedy has already said they plan on addressing problems via patches, like performance, but they will take time.

Essentially people are speaking as this is the best we can get with base consoles, I don't think that's the case for this game.

I agree performance can likely be improved a bit with patches, but given their heavy focus on ray-tracing with the PC version and the overall ambitious tech they're pushing, I can't help but feel like the game they wanted to make would've been a better fit for next gen systems. That also would've given them an extra year to polish.

I actually like this game. It's not an all time classic but it's enjoyable. I don't think it has any replayabilty, though. By the time they fix it completely, many of us day one buyers are gonna already be done with it, never to play it again.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I agree performance can likely be improved a bit with patches, but given their heavy focus on ray-tracing with the PC version and the overall ambitious tech they're pushing, I can't help but feel like the game they wanted to make would've been a better fit for next gen systems. That also would've given them an extra year to polish.

It can still be a next gen game. Nothing stopping them from releasing a definitive edition next holiday. The game is also going get significant improvments in patches.

In the end though it will be virtually the same game because the visual enhancments arent that crucial.

Again, also have to consider they might have limited development time and money. I argue thats why the game is poorly optimized.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

It can still be a next gen game. Nothing stopping them from releasing a definitive edition next holiday. The game is also going get significant improvments in patches.

In the end though it will be virtually the same game because the visual enhancments arent that crucial.

Again, also have to consider they might have limited development time and money. I argue thats why the game is poorly optimized.

Given its focus on ambitious and demanding tech I don't think that sheer technical limits can be entirely dismissed; the base PS4/Xbone are very old and outdated technology at this point.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Given its focus on ambitious and demanding tech I don't think that sheer technical limits can be entirely dismissed; the base PS4/Xbone are very old and outdated technology at this point.

The engine itself was built function on current gen consoles. Developers cant just focus on cutting edge when they're financially depending console users.

Its kinda having it both ways. Building for consoles because thats where many gamers are. But also leveraging superior PC specs if you want more polish and better performance.

Gears 5 did a fantastic job of that by the way. Its really built for a base X1, which most consider garbage specs. Yet its somehow an impressive console game that looks great on PC.

Recently Completed