By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How likely is a PS4 Pro Slim?

When would a PS4 Pro Slim be released?

Late 2019 2 6.45%

Early 2020 1 3.23%

Late 2020 3 9.68%

Early 2021 1 3.23%

Late 2021 1 3.23%

Way too late, 2022+ 1 3.23%

Not at all 22 70.97%

Total:31

I honestly think a PS4 Super Slim is more likely. Most consumers who would want a PS4 Pro would probably want a PS5 anyway, which is all but confirmed for November 2020.

A PS4 Pro Slim would run about $299.99-$349.99. But they could probably sell a PS4 Super Slim for $199.99, especially if it only had 500 GB of internal storage.

On a somewhat related note, I just got a PS4 Pro for $319.99. I've never owned a PlayStation before. I understand that people would think I should just wait for a PS5. But the PS4 has so many titles, and so many cheap titles at that. Plus the PS5 will almost certainly cost $499.99-$599.99.

And regarding all this, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro are due for permanent price drops. They've been out since 2016. With the PS5 not very far away, they're going to have to drop their prices to make them appealing. I predict this fall we'll see the Slim drop to $249.99, and the Pro to $349.99.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

On a somewhat related note, I just got a PS4 Pro for $319.99. I've never owned a PlayStation before.

Get The Last Of Us, God Of War, Detroit Become Human, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Bloodborne right now.

And when the times come Death Stranding and Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The PS3 Super Slim wasn't much of a revision since it didn't contain any die shrinks they just rearranged the hardware of the slim and made it a top loader instead of a slot loader.

I think they'll do a super slim of the regular model with a top down disc loader and be done with it. Pro makes little sense this close to PS5 launch

i predict a ps4 pro slim at £249 and a ps4 ultra slim at £149

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I expect a superslim PS4 to come, but a slim PS4 Pro doesn't make much sense. It would be too quickly replaced by the PS5 and squashed between the cheaper base model and the more powerful successor.

It wouldn't be the smallest PS4, so there's no market space for it. Not gonna happen.

VAMatt said:
It wouldn't be the smallest PS4, so there's no market space for it. Not gonna happen.

With any kind of die shrink even just a half node one a PS4 Pro Slim that is smaller then the current PS4 slim would be easily done.  Heck the X1X is slightly smaller then the X1 S even though they both use the same 16nm architecture all components in the X1X are just packed tighter together while in the X1 S there is a lot more free space.

The most likely scenario would probably be that Pro get's phased out before PS5 launches, so no slim model.

If PS4 and/or Pro stick around during PS5 then they should get slimmer models holiday 2019.

A 2020 PS5 should mean no more PS4/Pro hardware changes that year or beyond.

I hope we see a Pro Slim and a OG Super Slim. Even if they don't sell much, that's not really the point of a Slim model. It's to reduce costs for Sony so they are making max profit for each console sold when they drop the price.