By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 13 July 2019

trunkswd said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Xbox reached Wii U weekly numbers now

JRPGfan said:
Xbox doing a WiiU.....

Sales even in the strongest market for the Xbox, the US, aren't that good. I am wondering if it would have been better for the Xbox Scarlett to launch this holiday with Gears 5 as a launch title. Yes, still releasing it on the Xbox One and having full cross-play with all versions. 

I fear that Gears 5 Sales may get hurt by Xbox One low numbers.

I hope to be wrong, though...

Around the Network

Switch Beats PS4 by 100k units, PS4 beats X1 by 100k Units...... X1 beats 3DS by 20k units.

Hurrah for all machines getting a little victory! Also Switch consumes another 200k off the X1 lead, I had predicted the catchup would be fast as I expected the X1 sales to drop like a stone, but I didn't imagine that any console would be doing 200k+ weeks in June/July, the release of the Mini, Switch in China and Pokemon before the years end should pretty much seal the deal on catching the total X1 numbers.

Have to tip hat yet again to Nintendo for ... as I called it at the time, making a daft choice to hold off the Switch launch and miss out on holidays 2016, setting the system launch back even a few months seems to have put together a series of first party and collaberations with 3rd party devs to bring a near constant stream of titles to play to the Switch ever since launch.

Those fuckers still have so many aces up sleeves too.
- virtual console
- Super mario 3d World
- Pikmin Trilogy
- Metroid Prime Trilogy
- Pikmin 4
- Metroid Prime 4
- All of the Wii U HD Zelda remasters

and more to come in the form of basic things which should have been on the system long ago imo... a GTAV port and Netflix app are still weirdly absent from the machine.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Switch is on fire, I really thought the announcement of the Lite would eat into its sales more than this, notably in Japan.

The gap between Switch and Xbone total sales is now below 7 million.

Speaking of Xbone, is this its lowest week ever, or has it been lower?

Amnesia said:

Still looks promising. I have sold ALL my Nintendo shares...3 hours before they announce their conf at Shanghai. Please beat me.

That’s nothing, I sold all of my Apple shares in 2010.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

trunkswd said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Xbox reached Wii U weekly numbers now

JRPGfan said:
Xbox doing a WiiU.....

Sales even in the strongest market for the Xbox, the US, aren't that good. I am wondering if it would have been better for the Xbox Scarlett to launch this holiday with Gears 5 as a launch title. Yes, still releasing it on the Xbox One and having full cross-play with all versions. 

Not a good idea.

This would just replicate the problem of the Wii U, having some launch titles, but nothing afterwards but a long drought. It takes time for the studios that Microsoft bought to make their games.

Making Gears 5 for both XBO and Scarlett would still be good, though.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Amnesia said:

Still looks promising. I have sold ALL my Nintendo shares...3 hours before they announce their conf at Shanghai. Please beat me.

That’s nothing, I sold all of my Apple shares in 2010.

OMG...

I am actually hoping for a little backup window to fix my mistake and buy it back (actually more units...), on August 1st precisely. Just between the financial report and the conference at Shanghai, this could be the last little drop of the share before it goes to new highest levels. With China the Switch can beat the PS2 record.

Mar1217 said:
Remember when people thought Xbone LT sales would beat the SNES ?

*sips*

Yeah, me neither.

well people can always make mistakes, I've been harping on about it for the last 2 years but the writing was on the wall for the X1 as soon as it started to crumble badly to the PS4 in all regions it was as good as finished, it's a system who's number 1 selling point coming from the last generation was that all your mates were likely to still be on xbox live, as soon as that ratio went in favour of online gaming and such coming more from the Sony side of things then it was always going to be a cascading impact on the weekly sales, now dropped under 40 just weeks after a new hardware version has hit the market, and what have we... at least a year before the next console from them? That's a very long time to remain irrelevant in the gaming world.

Still though.... the system before the Wii was the GC and the one before the Switch was the Wii-U so it's always possible to turn your faith around... if you leave luck to the heavens at least!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Mar1217 said:
Remember when people thought Xbone LT sales would beat the SNES ?

*sips*

Yeah, me neither.

I'm not quite so certain that's an impossibility; it only has to sell another what, 6 million and some change to get there? It still has a holiday season left before replacement, Xbox's sales tend to be concentrated in the holidays. 

Not that outselling the SNES in the 2010s is much of an accomplishment, with the market now vastly bigger than it was then. The SNES after all was a market leader in sales, while Xbone won't even sell half of its primary competitor.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 July 2019

I believe that's the first <40k month for Xbox 1. It's been close a few times but now we are here.
Also getting very close to <10k European monthly sales for Xbox 1.

It's going to seem a long wait until holiday 2020 for Xbox fans.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

only777 said:

I believe that's the first <40k month for Xbox 1. It's been close a few times but now we are here.
Also getting very close to <10k European monthly sales for Xbox 1.

It's going to seem a long wait until holiday 2020 for Xbox fans.

Slight correction, these sales are weekly, not monthly.