By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 13 July 2019

NS very good. After adjustments, PS4 very good too, but the right time for a price cut remains next Autumn anyway, next year it would disturb PS5 launch and it could also be too late, while Sony needs to keep PS4 healthy as it will be its entry level console for some time after PS5 launch, not to mention that PS5 inherits the PS brand, so keeping it at its best is necessary for brand image. Nobody expects PS4 to keep peak year sales until its end of life, but good enough ones until next gen launch is something many expect from the ending gen leader.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
colafitte said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I don't question the PS4's sales, but I do wonder a bit where they are being sold. My guess is that the RoW is getting more and more important and the big 3 (Japan, the US and Europe) getting less and less of the global sales share.

Yes, probably. I feel the same. I miss the old days when you had "others" on the sales page. You still can obtain the number resting US+EU+JP from the total but it was a quick way to notice how much stronger can be a console outside the main markets.

It's actually just JP, I see US and EU still fine, when it comes to PS4, JP is already far from relevant when compared to ROW