By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 13 July 2019

PS4 shipments at 100 million by June 30th 2019
Vg estimates has PS4 at 97.1 by 13th July.
I think it's been slightly undertracked.

Around the Network
Geralt99 said:

Yeah VGCz currently has PS4 slightly under, and Switch abit over, imo.

JRPGfan said:
Geralt99 said:

I think they are probably both pretty close.

PS4 is probably over shipped for the quarter hence the 1 million unit reduction for the full year forcast. I cant imagine why the would lower their forcast after Q1 unless sell through wasnt as high as expected.

As for Switch, its pretty clear that Nintendo is trying to lower stock and phase out the current model since 2 new models are releasing this quarter.

Any over/undertracking is most likely pretty miniscule.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JRPGfan said:

I think they are probably both pretty close.

PS4 is probably over shipped for the quarter hence the 1 million unit reduction for the full year forcast. I cant imagine why the would lower their forcast after Q1 unless sell through wasnt as high as expected.

As for Switch, its pretty clear that Nintendo is trying to lower stock and phase out the current model since 2 new models are releasing this quarter.

Any over/undertracking is most likely pretty miniscule.

That makes alot of sense actually.... over/under probably isnt by large amounts.

I think PS4 sales here is about 1m undertracked. And NS is around 1M overtracked.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
I think PS4 sales here is about 1m undertracked. And NS is around 1M overtracked.

during this week yeah?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Intrinsic said:

during this week yeah?

I don't know about this week. All I know is;

June 30th (official shipped numbers): PS4 100M, NS 36.8M

July 13th (VGC): PS4 97.2M, NS 36.1M

That means Sony has at least 2.8M in the channels. And Nintendo has at least 700k in channels. WORLDWIDE.

I don't care how anyone spins that, there is something very very wrong with those numbers.

Even if sony are overshipping, it will not be to the tune of having 2.8M consoles in the channels. At worst it will be 2M in the channels. And even f Nintendo are undershipping (and ignoring that they will still have a whole quarter of shipments to do before their new models come along) it will not be this low. Having only like 700k in the channels is going to result in massive shortages. Just not possible.

Intrinsic said:
Ganoncrotch said:

during this week yeah?

That means Sony has at least 2.8M in the channels. And Nintendo has at least 700k in channels. WORLDWIDE.

I don't care how anyone spins that, there is something very very wrong with those numbers.

Even if sony are overshipping, it will not be to the tune of having 2.8M consoles in the channels. At worst it will be 2M in the channels. And even f Nintendo are undershipping (and ignoring that they will still have a whole quarter of shipments to do before their new models come along) it will not be this low. Having only like 700k in the channels is going to result in massive shortages. Just not possible.

Week ending June 29.

NSW-35.5m (1.3m difference)

PS4-96.9m (3.1m difference)

Switch seems about right considering the new models and PS4 may be a bit off but I dont think by a whole lot.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Intrinsic said:

Week ending June 29.

Switch seems about right considering the new models and PS4 may be a bit off but I dont think by a whole lot.

So are we just going to pretend that in the two weeks of July so far no shipments have been made?And you see that 1.3M NS difference, thats about what I expect it to be. Not 700K!!!

Intrinsic said:
zorg1000 said:

Week ending June 29.

So are we just going to pretend that in the two weeks of July so far no shipments have been made?And you see that 1.3M NS difference, thats about what I expect it to be. Not 700K!!!

Your post literally makes zero sense.

You need to compare end of June shipments to end of June sales, not end of June shipments to middle of July sales.