By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Human right violations in persecution of Julian Assange?

Chrkeller said:

"Is one failed attempt to crack a password really enough to embroil Assange in a felony hacking case?"

Yes, hacking government computers is a felony. It really is that simple.

Additionally, a failed attempt doesn't make something legal.  If I attempt to rob a bank...  because I failed I shouldn't be charged??? Yeah, no.

And yet US-employees hack government computers of different countries all the time. Do they all go to jail?

And by hacking I mean real hacking (like Stuxnet), not that feeble attempt by Assange that is only considered a crime by the overreach of the law.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 01 July 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

"And yet US-employees hack government computers of different countries all the time. Do they all go to jail?"

Irrelevant. If you get away with speeding, does that mean speeding is no longer illegal? Of course not.

What is the human rights violation? You should probably add that to the OP since it's in the title.

Bandorr said:
Mnementh said:

I am not sure how much the contents of the emails really had on the election. But think about one thing: if the emails were released following a court order instead of leaked, would that be different? If yes why? I mean, the content has the same relevance. People focus way to much on the how the emails were released instead of the content themself. I don't think they were incredibly bad for Clinton, but they were another little thing among many other things that showed how bad a candidate Clinton really was.

Notice those question marks. Those indicate questions. I figure you know what those are since you also use them.

Yet oddly enough you avoided them. I guess the answers were too hard to come up with? Oops another question I won't get an answer too.

Well I've wasted enough time with a "but her e-mails" person. This will clearly go no where.

Have a good day.

I ignored it, because frankly I don't know what a "but her e-mails" person is. If you mean I use it to demonize Clinton... nah, as I said the emails are just another straw that broke the camels back. I don't think the emails stand-alone would be a massive issue, but they turned out to be one of many.

And for someone who points a finger at me for not answering a question, you ignored mine quite well.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Bandorr said:
Mnementh said:

(1) But still the US wants to extradite him. So why?

(2) Wikileaks denied having their sources from Russia. There is no proof to the contrary. Even if Russia hacked Clintons email, it doesn't mean they are the source for Wikileaks. But that's all besides the point. The point here is: the emails were real and the public should know about their content, as it was of interest for the public. Next we need Trumps email.

He didn't hack any governmental computers and it is not even his government, as he isn't american.

Trump asks for the e-mails from Russia.  Wikileaks corroborates with Trump junior over said e-mails.

Yet you doubt the Russia to wikileaks connection?

And you are fine with getting the e-mails no matter the legality of it, or the affect it had on the election?

So are you basically just another "but her e-mails"?

"Trump asks for the e-mails from Russia."

you really believe that someone running for president would seriously make such a request at a public rally?

"And you are fine with getting the e-mails no matter the legality of it"

she's a public servant, meaning her job in that post is to serve the public

this is how the military and intelligence agencies have all this ridiculous power, because people like you for some unfathomable reason think they should have it

which obviously leads to situations like iraq since they don't feel like they have to be accountable to the public

Around the Network

Prison should never be a punishment for non-violent crimes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Even for people who pulled of the Enron scandal?  Or Bernie Mardoff???  What punishment is fitting?

Until now, clintons still don't want the servers to be analized by the FBI. It wasn't even a hack, someone with access to the server just copied the data locally to a pen drive or an external hard drive and gave it to wikileaks.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 01 July 2019

vivster said:

So should people that defraud billions or trillions from the government not go to jail?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Assange is just a target for the western Governments to make an example of as his platform (Wikileaks) exposed the unjust invasion of privacy of Governments against their own people and each other this is why they're after him everything else you hear is just to demonize him to remove support. This is a man who knew that he was a target as a result and it was clear he was a target then all of a sudden a rape accusation pops up? It reeks of a set up because even if he's cleared of the accusation he'll be extradited to US straight after regardless you can't tell me that here in the UK the Government would keep officers stationed 24/7 outside the Ecuadorian embassy for all those years in the name of bringing him to justice for the accusation when we've been having police cuts for the past 5-6 years and struggle to deal with our own cases here.

Simply put the amount of effort to arrest him shows the's far more to it then they want people to realize.