By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Panzer Dragoon Remake the Start of the Saturn Switch Releases?

I would love to see Sega back just like Capcom recently, they have so many great properties,
The world needs arcade racing back, they have Daytona , Sega rally , out run. I miss virtual fighter, cuphead revived my love for run and gun games so I would love to see a new gun star heroes, new shining force and dragon force, phantasy star, a sequel to skies of Arcadia...so many games to choose from, but I hope they don’t remake panzer dragoon saga, that game is a piece of junk.

Around the Network

Personally I thought Panzer Dragoon Saga was absolutely awful. The story was just boring and the world was as well. I thought FFVII was so much better in every aspect.  Though I'll concede upfront I am the odd man out, everybody else thought it was great.

As for Saturn remakes, top of my list would be Shining Force III and Dragon Force.

Chrkeller said:

Personally I thought Panzer Dragoon Saga was absolutely awful. The story was just boring and the world was as well. I thought FFVII was so much better in every aspect.  Though I'll concede upfront I am the odd man out, everybody else thought it was great.

As for Saturn remakes, top of my list would be Shining Force III and Dragon Force.

nope you are not wrong the game is a piece of junk, but the people that own it want it to stay as expensive as posible, so nobody admits that the game is heavily flawed, I am glad they went back to the rail shooter with orta, because clearly the team didn’t know how to make rpgs. Anyway I think that if the game was made easily obtainable the mystic would disappear and everyone would see pds for what it is, a terrible rpg.

HylianSwordsman said:
KungKras said:

I think PDS is an excellent candidate for remaking with modern tech, because it's a short game, and its focus lies on the setpiece battles. So in a lot of ways, it was ahead of its time.

So is Panzer Dragoon basically a fantasy Star Fox then, gameplay wise?

Well, the Panzer Dragoon universe is more of a post apocalyptic sci-fi setting. With dragons.

But gameplay wise, yes, it is very similar to Starfox. Allthough you use your attacks more strategically in the Panzer Dragoon games, and unlike Lylatwars, you can shift the camera to look to your sides, because in some levels, you're attacked from everywhere.

I LOVE ICELAND!

That would be a dream come true. I want to see the Saturn catalog revived, either with direct ports on modern console or via remakes.

I'd like a Saturn mini console, too :)

Around the Network

Makes me want to bust out my Saturn and pop in PD2...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Wyrdness said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Sort of except for Saga which is an RPG, it's on rails but is more comparable to Sin and Punishment tbh as it's more set piece heavy and utilizes a central mechanic that the player has to use properly for the situation. The game has a lock on system (it was the first of its kind back then) that changes depending on the current form you have your dragon in and each form is good/bad against certain enemies and situations.

Sounds good to me, I like Star Fox, Sin & Punishment, and RPGs, so...sounds fun.

KungKras said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Well, the Panzer Dragoon universe is more of a post apocalyptic sci-fi setting. With dragons.

But gameplay wise, yes, it is very similar to Starfox. Allthough you use your attacks more strategically in the Panzer Dragoon games, and unlike Lylatwars, you can shift the camera to look to your sides, because in some levels, you're attacked from everywhere.

Okay, now that's fucking cool, count me in. Definitely excited for this one now.

This was the biggest surprise for me in the show apart from No More Heroes 3 (didn't think we were gonna get it).

I'm going to be picking it up when it launches since I never owned a Saturn.

Really loved the first two Panzer Dragoon games on the Saturn back in the day, but its so hard to find reliable discs from that era nowadays, buying them from ebay or flea markets is always a lottery as to whether you're gonna get a disc in such bad condition that you can't progress passed level 1.

As such, I will probably buy this, but with so many Switch games packed into the second half of this year it'll probably sit on my shelf for months before I get around to actually playing it.

I really hope Zwei, which in my opinion was a superior sequel, gets this same treatment.

EDIT: Just read that Zwei is indeed being remade as well, excellent news!

I hope Sega remakes all Saturn games for Switch and other consoles. I love that console and it has a lot of hidden gems but they're so ridiculously expensive.