By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Panzer Dragoon Remake the Start of the Saturn Switch Releases?

Next Saturn game to be remade...Sonic R!

Around the Network

The Panzer remakes were actually announced a good wee while back, but I hope so!

SEGA are sitting on a goldmine, I'd love to see them remake or port their classics.

This one suprised me as it is otherwise a rare game that seems to get a lot of praise. I will have to check it out when I get the chance.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Panzer Dragoon Saga is up there with FF7 as my favorite games of all time. Obviously they need a lot of funds and a lot of publisher confidence to revive a game of that size (it's quite a bit smaller in scale than FF7 was though), so I hope PD remake and the already announced PD Zwei remake sell well above their expectations.

Last edited by Lafiel - on 12 June 2019

Lafiel said:

Panzer Dragoon Saga is up there with FF7 as my favorite games of all time. Obviously they need a lot of funds and a lot of publisher confidence to revive a game of that size (it's quite a bit smaller in scale than FF7 was though), so I hope PD remake and the already announced PD Zwei remake sell well above their expectations.

I think PDS is an excellent candidate for remaking with modern tech, because it's a short game, and its focus lies on the setpiece battles. So in a lot of ways, it was ahead of its time.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I don't have a lot of hope for a Saga remake, but I will buy this game.

They're doing Zwei too, if I'm not mistaken. If everybody buys these two remakes, then maybe we'll get Saga.

I'm certainly buying it, and I'm gonna try to spread the word and fuel the excitement. But, it is VERY far fetched. Hopefully we will see.

Bring Sega Rally Championship and Daytona USA and I'll be happy about Sega Saturn Games on Switch.

KungKras said:
Lafiel said:

I think PDS is an excellent candidate for remaking with modern tech, because it's a short game, and its focus lies on the setpiece battles. So in a lot of ways, it was ahead of its time.

So is Panzer Dragoon basically a fantasy Star Fox then, gameplay wise?

I've heard great things about Panzer Dragoon Saga, so I'd be really interested in a remake for it (also, I heard it's an RPG rather than a rail shooter so it'd be more appealing to me than the previous games)

HylianSwordsman said:
KungKras said:

So is Panzer Dragoon basically a fantasy Star Fox then, gameplay wise?

Sort of except for Saga which is an RPG, it's on rails but is more comparable to Sin and Punishment tbh as it's more set piece heavy and utilizes a central mechanic that the player has to use properly for the situation. The game has a lock on system (it was the first of its kind back then) that changes depending on the current form you have your dragon in and each form is good/bad against certain enemies and situations.