By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Blizzard “super-happy” with Diablo III on Switch, more Nintendo collaborations possible

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm torned up on Nintendo's position with 3rd parties. The Switch has definitively proved itself as a magnific software seller, and even those companies in doubt show very decent numbers. and yet, many companies barely bring anything other than old ports or small projects. EA barely ported anything but FIFAs and a couple of indies, Activision brought the Crash games and Diablo III, Atlus has brought nothing concrete as of yet (though Sega has done quite a lot), Capcom has been its usual Capcom...

They're doing a lot of ports but to be fair to them, all the ports we've seen so far have been really solid, the Street fighter anniversary collection, Okami HD, Resi Evil Rev 1+2 (7 in japan) in the coming 2 weeks they're bringing over RE, RE:0 and Resident Evil 4, later this year they're bringing the first Devil May Cry game to any nintendo hardware as far as I know.... oh and the HD remaster of Onimusha.

I shit on capcom a lot for some of their ideas (that laughable €200+ mame fightstick capcom logo advert) but their Switch support has been very methodical but steady all the while, having finished Resident Evil Rev 2 on the system as well, they didn't do botchy port jobs on the games from what I've seen.

EA has been oddly quite for it alright though, I wouldn't think their games would have scaling issues considering for years they were making Fifa all the way from PS4 back to the PS2 and PSP/Vita so they have a lot of experience in covering a range of hardware but still you're correct outside of Fifa and.... Unravel 2 (I think is theirs, not 100% sure myself) they've done nothing really, I guess their bigger projects like Anthem and the titanfall offshoot in Apex Legends aren't designed around lower powered machines at all given Anthem not being a 60fps title on the PS4/X1 it would have reallllll issues going to Switch without looking like mud I think.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I'm torned up on Nintendo's position with 3rd parties. The Switch has definitively proved itself as a magnific software seller, and even those companies in doubt show very decent numbers. and yet, many companies barely bring anything other than old ports or small projects. EA barely ported anything but FIFAs and a couple of indies, Activision brought the Crash games and Diablo III, Atlus has brought nothing concrete as of yet (though Sega has done quite a lot), Capcom has been its usual Capcom...

They're doing a lot of ports but to be fair to them, all the ports we've seen so far have been really solid, the Street fighter anniversary collection, Okami HD, Resi Evil Rev 1+2 (7 in japan) in the coming 2 weeks they're bringing over RE, RE:0 and Resident Evil 4, later this year they're bringing the first Devil May Cry game to any nintendo hardware as far as I know.... oh and the HD remaster of Onimusha.

I shit on capcom a lot for some of their ideas (that laughable €200+ mame fightstick capcom logo advert) but their Switch support has been very methodical but steady all the while, having finished Resident Evil Rev 2 on the system as well, they didn't do botchy port jobs on the games from what I've seen.

EA has been oddly quite for it alright though, I wouldn't think their games would have scaling issues considering for years they were making Fifa all the way from PS4 back to the PS2 and PSP/Vita so they have a lot of experience in covering a range of hardware but still you're correct outside of Fifa and.... Unravel 2 (I think is theirs, not 100% sure myself) they've done nothing really, I guess their bigger projects like Anthem and the titanfall offshoot in Apex Legends aren't designed around lower powered machines at all given Anthem not being a 60fps title on the PS4/X1 it would have reallllll issues going to Switch without looking like mud I think.

The only way Capcom's support is not a trainwreck is that the games actually aren't glitchy messes. There is not a single game of them that has not had a problem in one way or another (Switch tax, laughably incomplete physical releases, zero physical releases in Europe, the scam that are SF II UF and the Anniversary Collection...).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Hearthstone would be a perfect free-to-play title for the Switch's online store.

But... Overwatch would be the most interesting title.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Oh man, an online only twitch shooter with massive latency issues? That would indeed be interesting.

Megiddo said:

Pemalite said:

Oh man, an online only twitch shooter with massive latency issues? That would indeed be interesting.

One exists already, not sure what you mean by massive latency issues though?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Nintendo fans have had ports to choose from in the past but have declined.  This generation has been different, and that's because Nintendo fans are buying these games, and they're buying them because they're getting solid ratings from reviewers and Digital Foundry.  I'm not going to say that your reasoning is flawed, because it's obviously not and probably weighs the heaviest, but Nintendo fans don't gobble up every third party game just because it's "popular" or was the thing to buy last generation.  They're picky and discerning and the developers are aware of this.

It's not really Nintendo fans though because the Wii U showed that they're a very small group in total the NS and other portable devices appeal to a far bigger group than that as have some prior home platforms, the reason the userbase never really bothered with ports is mainly due to not seeing any value in getting them as most cases if you have a Nintendo platform you'll have another platform as well. This scenario meant that you'd already have access to another version of the port which made justifying buying the port on the Nintendo platform harder especially if the said version was delayed or had compromises, this is why I say third parties are fairing better on NS is due to the form factor because I'm willing to bet that most of the people who get third party multiplatform titles on it do a fair bit of portable gaming as it's a feature that no other platform can really do out the box and the prospect of playing home console level games on the go gives each title a level of value that makes them worth while.

You have to factor in we're now playing games like Doom, Dark Souls, Hellblade Senua etc... It's almost surreal when you're on a trip business or not and you're playing something like Skyrim in a hotel room or Train or even a plane, that particular value given from that is why people are more willing to purchase thrid party titles on NS.

Pachofilauri said:
Kerrigan for Smash!

With Raynor as assist trophy (what a fitting role).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ganoncrotch said:
Darwinianevolution said:

You can get DMC trilogy on very other system for the same price or even cheaper. Switch get only DMC1 and cost the same as 3 games on other platforms

Used to be big Blizzard fan. Right now they have almost nothing that excites me. I might pick up Diablo 3 on Switch whenever I get a Switch since played 1 and 2 a shitload on PC. Other than that they haven't really done much the past decade or two.

Warcraft Trilogy ported to Switch please? Doesn't have to be hd either!