24 million 0 0%

25 million 1 9.09%

26 million 1 9.09%

27 million 0 0%

28 million 1 9.09%

29 million 0 0%

30+ million 8 72.73%

Total:11

I finally got to Tarantula Island. WOW. 5 minutes to catch 39 spiders. 468,000 bells when Flip gets here.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

So someone in this thread mentioned that they liked my Koala villager. I've grown a tad tired of him, and he keeps asking to move out. This is your chance to snag him up! I'll post whenever he's ready to move out again! Quote me, and you'll be able to get him by going to his house on my island, when he's in cardboard boxes!

Jumpin said:

The people who are catching lots of eggs and zero fish might have a bug. This is certainly not the case for me as while I get a lot of eggs I am still getting a majority of fish.

Although, I don’t do a tremendous amount of fishing anymore. I did it at first for my first 3-400,000 bells or so, but now I focus on orchards, money trees, and tarantula or tarantula/waterbug hauls.

So, the trick is to clear the island of all items, takes 25-30 minutes, and then spend the next 45 minutes hunting tarantulas and water bugs. If the island is really easy to get around (like ponds but no hills or rivers), or is a bamboo/tarantula island, then I will go for a pure tarantula haul. I have made millions this way. The two nights Flick was in town I pulled triple shifts and I am sure those gamers with nothing else to do can pull 6 or 7 in a single night.

And yes, I tend to stay up all night because that’s when the kids are sleep, now that they are home all day... It’s a way easier time for me to be productive. Not that staying up all night was abnormal for me before the apocalypse =)

I have read this a few times and watched it on a few YouTube videos. It just doesn't happen for me . I clear everything and still only end up with tiny bugs. Not seen a single tarantula. Really frustrating. Wondering whether they are non-existent in my region (Southern Hemisphere). 

Could someone please send me a peach and cherry?

etuoyo said:

I have peaches.

Around the Network

Dunno if anyone else is doing so, but I'll post an update if my turnip prices are exceptionally high and let people come over to sell them.

JWeinCom said:
etuoyo said:

I have peaches.

Could you please send to me? My friend code is in the opening post. Thanks. 

I managed to spawn three scorpions. No tarantula so convinced they don't exist in my region. The process was cumbersome and no way as easy or quick as youtube videos made it seem. 99% of the time the island was just spawning crickets. Took forever just to spawn the three scorpions. Not sure I will bother again.

etuoyo said:
I managed to spawn three scorpions. No tarantula so convinced they don't exist in my region. The process was cumbersome and no way as easy or quick as youtube videos made it seem. 99% of the time the island was just spawning crickets. Took forever just to spawn the three scorpions. Not sure I will bother again.

Southern Hemisphere is in a different season, so a different set of bugs spawn. For Southern Hemisphere scorpions spawn from October to April and tarantulas spawn from May to September. For Northern Hemisphere it is the other way around.

Jumpin said:

I finally got to Tarantula Island. WOW. 5 minutes to catch 39 spiders. 468,000 bells when Flip gets here.

That's the bit I am missing. I cannot sell to anyone in the deserted island.

Switch!!!